Cedar Point 2013

JAMedic said:
http://i.imgur.com/3MMbg.jpg

Nope still there

That webcam is currently turned off, hence "Aug 05 2012" across the top.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

http://i.imgur.com/3MMbg.jpg

Nope still there

what cam is that?

Vette said:
I just am not a fan of Raptor. I try to like it, I still hit it everytime I go, but I just don't really like it. I try at least, I gave up on Mantis. Stand Up coaster was one of the dumbest ideas of all time.

I just love Intamin's Creativity. First Giga, first Strata, and a sweet coaster with an awesome 95* drop and 2 launch elements. I just look at B&M as trying too hard. Too many track elements stuffed into a space. While Intamin likes overbanked turns, banked corners, fewer loops and rolls, etc.

To each his own.

I'm just ready for something non intamin-ish. Tired of all these sit-down rides, a wing rider is something new and unique to bring to the Point.

Last edited by Cedar King,

Travis, I'll be heading in to CP later today and I'll try to grab some pictures of the work that has been started.

-Miker-

I'm thinking it will take about 2-3 weeks for complete demo. I figured that the bigger demo was slated to begin today. I'm sure it will still "be there" for a few weeks. I was just curious as to what could be seen close by. Thanks Waterdummy. looking forward to your update.

Davidw, the cam url is the same as the Pagoda cam previously mounted near the Pagoda gift shop. Here is the link to the hi res. http://174.121.245.214/cp/PagodaCam_1024.jpg

Last edited by Travis Lea,

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Cedar King said:

To each his own.

I'm just ready for something non intamin-ish. Tired of all these sit-down rides, a wing rider is something new and unique to bring to the Point.

Isn't a wing rider still a sit-down coaster? :)

^^

From everything the "Lemon Chill Guy™" has told me, it'll be much quicker than 2-3 weeks for DT to be totally torn down.

-Miker-

I guess MiA isn't getting that hand me down after all.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

Shocking! ;)

Brandon

Should've heard these people around here in Muskegon, they all were sure that MiA was getting AV/DT. No matter what I tried to tell them.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

Looks like this thread will be added to my tabbed browsing for many many months. Let's do it!

Also, normally a separate section is added for new coasters. Why not this year? This is pretty big stuff.

Wow, good picture. Shocked how far they are on it so far!

-Benn

That actually isn't a lot of progress. If you look closely that is just the open area toward the parking lot end of DT. There wasn't a ton of material in there. It will be interesting to see how quickly the main part of the building goes.

Nick

^That's not a lot of progress? For it being the first day of demolition, I would say they're making great progress.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It still is a good amount gone, but that section was just made up of tubes, and a small building if I remember correctly.

Last edited by CP fanatic 2400,

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

PyroKinesis said:
Looks like this thread will be added to my tabbed browsing for many many months. Let's do it!

Also, normally a separate section is added for new coasters. Why not this year? This is pretty big stuff.

Probably because new ride hasn't even yet been announced and all discussion is in this thread. I'm sure once an announcement has actually been made, Walt or Jeff will start a new forum for it.

Or they won't. It's their choice.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Here is a photo of the same area of DT prior to demo.

http://www.coasterimage.com/portfolio/disaster-transport-pictures/#!lightbox[group]/1/[/group][/group][url][url]

Last edited by walleyewhacker,

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

CP posted a sign on the old JD Byryder building they recently purchased saying 'Future Home of the World's Greatest Ride Mechanics.

http://gallery.pointpixels.com/details.php?image_id=16902&sessionid...897fbb89c1

Where is the current Ride Mechanics Shop?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Ensign Smith said:
D'ohhhh...

Maybe I shouldn't post at 4:41 in the morning.

;)

I posted right after you, so that is no excuse. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service