Cedar Point 2013

^If you don't think that certain companies/'parks in this case' get preferred pricing over others, you don't understand business.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

NextGen89 said:

Wild eagle cost 20 Million, including some demolitions and an awesome station and some theming.

Lets say... Using Wild Eagle as a benchmark, CP uses the money they put into their theming and station, and puts that towards the front gate. Then lets say that CP ad just as much demolitions/construction cost as they did with WE...

Thats an extra 5 million to play with....

The problem with that is anyone who has seen the Wild Eagle station, does not want give that up. It is an awesome station...I can't think of any ride station at CP that is done better than Wild Eagle's. The only other main theming that DW used outside of the station were trees that were already there (granted it did cost some money to work around them).

Nick

It would be a nice surprise if they were to build two coasters to bring the count back! I would love to see a wild mouse type back,but the new generation like the one they have at Waldameer for the younger coaster fans and families!!! Just a suggestion!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

dsloban said:
It would be a nice surprise if they were to build two coasters to bring the count back! I would love to see a wild mouse type back,but the new generation like the one they have at Waldameer for the younger coaster fans and families!!! Just a suggestion!

Agreed!

No one cares about the coaster count. The park needs to focus on other, more important things than some silly "war" that ended a long time ago.

Brandon

New webcam position. It's sitting in the parking lot facing Disaster Transport.

http://174.121.245.214/cp/PagodaCam_640.jpg

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

djDaemon said:
No one cares about the coaster count. The park needs to focus on other, more important things than some silly "war" that ended a long time ago.

obviously a lot of people do since it seems to keep coming up

Except the Travel Channel, which broadcasts shows with "Extreme" titles. Until I watched a show in 2007 on Cedar Point, nobody I know ever hear of it. Green Bay, WI resident. The show got me to bring 9 people the first time we went, 14 people in one trip in 2008, and numerous people each year since. So the actual count might not mean much, but the title does get media attention.

^^But the same handful of people are the ones that keep bringing it up....

Last edited by Tennessee_CP_Fan,

Nick

davidw said:
obviously a lot of people do since it seems to keep coming up

What Tennessee said. That some kids on the internet think it's important doesn't make it important.

XS NightClub said:
Except the Travel Channel, which broadcasts shows with "Extreme" titles.

And those shows will not cease to exist because the park doesn't hold the record for most coasters in one park.

Brandon

^but they do update them quite frequently. Doesn't matter to me. it's just the way we discovered CP. Now we drive there 4-8 times a year, right past six flags GA twice each time. If it wasn't for that show we would've never heard of anything in Sandusky, OH

More importantly, the 'coaster count'/'extreme coasters' is the reason we first went. The overall greatness of the park is why we keep coming back and introducing new people every year.

djDaemon said:

What Tennessee said. That some kids on the internet think it's important doesn't make it important.

So I guess someone who works for the park and said "the coaster count is still important to us" is a kid.

God, I wish I knew about that job when I was a kid. Wouldn't have had to go through high school.

PyroKinesis said:
So I guess someone who works for the park and said "the coaster count is still important to us" is a kid.

No, that person is paid to provide public relations. Otherwise known as marketing.

Brandon

SSL488 said:
I actually think I'm more excited to go to the park and watch them take down DT than ride the rides tomorrow!

I was thinking of going on the beach behind DT to try and get a good view. Does anyone know how far down the beach you are allowed to go?

Good luck trying to get a good look at deconstruction from the beach. Other than hoping Space Spiral is open tomorrow, I'm sure you won't see too much. There are way too many trees in that vicinity on the beach, which block that portion of DT. However, if they start to demo that outside turnaround portion near WT's front tower, I'm sure they'll have a certain area blocked off for it, but you could get a couple of pictures from the beach

@XSNightclub, Don't we have only 15 coasters in operation right now?

Didn't Millennium Force and TTD appear on the Travel Channel and win the insane coaster wars?

It has nothing to do with the quantity! Cedar Point is just a beloved park altogether, and with their existing and soon to come rides, will only put out a better name for them.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

The number of coasters in unimportant to their business objectives.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Even if they don't have the most roller coasters in the world, they're are still the "Roller Coaster Capital of the World." They trademarked the name :)

Last edited by ThunderbirdsMT,

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

I agree that once you get to CP, the overall experience is second to none. I was just saying the only reason we heard of it in 2007 was through Travel Channel show on extreme parks, which they have updated to be SFMM. People come from all around the world for the entire experience, I understand. I could care less about the 'count'. it is just one way for media to hype a show that happens to influence peoples travel plans.

I do get what you are saying, but if CF felt it was imperative to draw more people from "all around the world" to CP, there are plenty of avenues out there in marketing and advertising that don't require being featured on a Travel Channel show (even though they have been several times this year).

Nick

^I do believe they copyrighted 'roller coaster capitol of the world'.

I don't know why there is hostility to people that bring up coaster count. I mean, we are supposedly enthusiasts here, shouldn't we want CP to have the most? Especially now they they are tearing down old garbage ones to get better ones!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service