Camper village 2014

So read this post in the boardwalk post and was wondering what was up with this if any one has any info regarding this

Chris49 said:
But it may be more difficult staying at Camper Village this year with the closing of the circle. Make your reservations soon.

Magnum 2002, Magnum 2003, Mean Streak, Snake ATL, Mean Streak TL 2004, Magnum TL 2005, Mean Streak TL 2006, Part Time Rides 2007

It's just speculation at this point. Could be something, could be nothing.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Actually more than speculation as my camping reservations were changed because of it.

Chris

I'm referring to what is going on.

To speculate on what could replace the section it appears to be closing... I think it's very possible the space will be used for an addition to Soak City. Hints have been made regarding a "big announcement." It's directly next to SC which lacks many modern waterpark attractions. (Ex. Surf simulators, water coaster, more new slides) with a portion of the space used by Sandcastle Suites. I know many will think something for the resorts, but it's a somewhat odd location for anything I can think of being so far from Breakers. Sandcastle already has an underused restaurant that hopefully will be part of the resort update.

Currently I have no desire to go to Soak City. I'd rather stay at the park all day and ride coasters. However, if this turns out to be a SC expansion, then I'd definitely want to stop by. Add a surf simulator, a bowl ride, and possibly one other new ride, and I'd change my opinion about it.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

i went to soak city last year with my kids and soak city need another wave pool because the wave pool gets packed,
especially on weekends.

I'm waiting for a water coaster, that's my next big thrill I'd like. The ones I've been on are amazing. I mean even the one at GWL down here in Mason was incredibly fun

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

There will be enough room for the slide complex and funnel slide from Geauga Lake. They could also bring the hydrolics for the wave pool.

Last edited by the ffej man,

Hydraulics*

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I sure hope you're wrong. That would not be a good value proposition (in my book, as someone who frequents CV)

Besides, GL-WWK is selling 2014 season passes so I doubt their equipment is going anywhere, anytime soon at least

I agree. I also like to stay at camper village. I just think the writing is on the wall. Cedar fair has recently sold the only other stand alone waterpark it owned. What else are they going to do with the Geauga Lake slides?

Ps. I hope my spelling is better. Hell if someone makes a mistake.

Last edited by the ffej man,

We visit CV 5-6 times per year..always in the newer section. I am hoping they are just going to update the old section because it is badly needed. If they eliminate the old circle, loosing all that capacity for overnight stays will put a premium on the newer section that is already at a high occupancy. Whatever their decision, I have no doubt they have run the numbers and makes financial sense.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

MaverickLaunch said:
I sure hope you're wrong. That would not be a good value proposition (in my book, as someone who frequents CV)

Not dissing your love/loyalty for staying at the circle but if CP were to see potential in expanding Soak City, I'm sure they'll do it.....regardless of how nostalgic it may be for some people. I do sympathize with you though. It's always a shame to see stuff like that go.

That being said, I do agree with Steve. I have no doubt Cedar Point has ran the numbers and is aware of what they're doing......IF that's what is going on here.

Heck, I'm still have no clue what could be going on. I find it odd that they'd start the process of a Soak City expansion this early. Seems more like something they'd start doing once September rolls around. But I'm no contractor so.....yea.

I think waterslide construction is pretty quick and easy, honestly. And remember, it doesn't have to be done for opening day, because Soak City doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend.

I don't stay in the old circle, haven't for probably 30 years... but I like the capacity for campers that it provides. Without the old crappy circle, it's going to get really hard to get into the remaining sites, where I already was staying.

And remember, these sites aren't cheap. I just booked closing weekend for a back-in site, at $97/nt. I think it might be cheaper to stay at Breakers Express. Of course, there's no replacing the enjoyment that we get out of staying in our own RV, and the proximity to the park.

We stay in the circle often, but like the full hook ups too. (Even farther to walk, LOL) The big thing is the capacity. The other sites could be harder to reserve, plus it could be too expensive for a lot of families with the pop ups. We have a class A and always travel with our dogs along, so staying at the other resorts is not an option.

Chris

Any of the Jimmy Buffett restaurants - Margaritaville Cafe, Cheeseburger in Paradise Bar & Grill or Landshark Landing Bar & Grill would be awesome in that location, with a path leading to a beachside tiki bar of course.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^This guy here with the great ideas! :)

I would have thought the camping would have provided them with a steady stream of additional income. Especially during the times the waterpark isn't open. Which is alot of days. I do see the needs for renovating the circle. I even complained about the showerhouse not having heat. I get that the park is only open a few days that heat would be necessary. But I complained on my survey of how my stay was that they sent me. So I hope that in the summer people also complained about there only being 3 showers and they had to wait longer for the showers than the Millenium. Hopefully they are just building a new showerhouse and refurbishing the electric. The again it won't be the first or last time they built over something I liked.

When I was there during the summer we walked over to the pool. Seen a pop-up on the same pull through site as an RV. Most state parks only allow 1 trailer per site, but you can have a tent too. Can you put more than 1 trailer on a site there. I seen someone else had done it. Might make it a little more affordable for one of those bigger sites to split it in half with someone else.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service