Camper village 2014

On the Coaster Crew's In the Loop podcast tonight, Tony Clark was interviewed for nearly 45 minutes. He confirmed Chickie's and Pete's was coming, said he knows the park's 5 year plan (and commented how exciting things look), and basically said the Lighthouse Point expansion was indeed true, and details would be coming "within the coming days."

Here is the interview link:
http://youtu.be/geRHSsurWwA

Last edited by tommyh88,

"If the whole human race lay in one grave, the epitaph on its headstone might well be: `It seemed a good idea at the time"

Keep in mind Tony's job is to be excited even if the 2015 plan only involves putting new pavers into a section of the park.

What if I told you I am genuinely excited (and not paid to say so)?

Director of Communications at Cedar Point

The excitement in his voice was almost palpable. It was a nice interview.

Brandon

Pavers? Whoot Whoot!!!! Can't wait!!! :-)

Frito Joe

Tony, you sounded genuinely excited on In the Loop, which made me feel the same. Now, how much do I have to pay to see the plans?

"If the whole human race lay in one grave, the epitaph on its headstone might well be: `It seemed a good idea at the time"

Yes, come on! You're among friends. Throw us a bone.

OnPointTony said:

When you truly love what you do pavers can be exciting. Simple things about what I do make me smile!

I know Tony's excitement in his voice got me really excited about future plans, and I bet its not just roller coasters that will be exciting (and no, I don't mean pavers).

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Although replacing that stupid asphalt is something to be anticipated with gratitude.

OnPointTony said:

But are you paid to say you are not paid to say so;)

I hope the plans are really good. Trouble is I have seen how excited people can get when trying to sell some whiz bang piece of junk.

Last edited by Shades,

Oh come on Shades. I trust CF and the CP management, who have built the best amusement park in the world and given us some legendary rides, to have some good plans for the park. This is a case where Tony deserves the benefit of the doubt.

OnPointTony said:

I'm happy for you.

^ Sarcasm?

How much I'd pay to get my hands on that 5 year plan... :)

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

What would you do with it if you got it?

He would get excited then get questioned he was really sincere about it......

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

OnPointTony said:
^ Sarcasm?

No. Your happiness will eventually lead to our happiness, and honestly, I'm not that picky. I'm happy with a waterpark expansion, a roller coaster, a boardwalk, some cool sidewalk 3D drawings, or any number of things.

tambo said:
What would you do with it if you got it?

Keep it all to myself, knowing better than to tell anyone else the park's secrets. But I'd be happy knowing what would be coming to the park in the near future.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Hey - we're all on the same team! I just can't tell my teammates some things. :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service