Camper village 2014

I was surprised at first that they were pre-fab. But after a quick thought it makes more sense than building them onsite in who knows what weather. And they can be done quicker, and cheaper pre-fab.

Now which company is building these? LOL

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

Not recommended for guests over 5'8'.

JW Addington said:
10 people...maybe oompa loompas!

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardscp/status/443431173549600768

I'm having trouble picturing those having an upstairs.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Well the door since it is the only exit on those cabins has to be at least 6 ft 8 in by commercial standards. you also have to take in the perspective when judging the size of the top floor.

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

It's not an upstairs as much as it is a loft. Usually, you can't stand up.

I'm in the manufactured housing industry and these are very similar to park model trailers. They are built like trailers, pulled in, and set on piers, tied down, and skirted. They are not very well constructed (though they do meet HUD standards) and if you have stayed in one of the existing cottages you know what I mean.

To build them on-site would mean they are permanent structures, subject to all applicable building code and also treated as real estate instead of personal property as these cottages are. There are some very real and substantial tax considerations among other things.

Seen today during the quarterly conference call that out of park spending was down significantly. Of course so was attendance. And it may just have to do with the water main break and the loss of 3 operating days. Since none of the other parks have resorts this would basicly pertain to CP and not the other parks. Was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the new cabins or seen whether they are used fequently? I sure miss staying in my camper onpoint. As did lots of other people. Do you think the removal of Camper Village has anything to do with the decrease in out of park spending?

I haven't been up to the point this year. Waiting till closing weekend. But had I been able to camp without paying $110 a night to set a pop up camper up, Pretty sure we'd have made a trip up there already.

Ive been at Camper Village (or Lighthouse Point) on 4 different trips so far this year. The last 2 times we were there, the new cabins were open and seemed like they had a very high occupancy. Of course, the campground was at 100% occupancy for most of our trips since the supply of sites has been reduced.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

You listed a major reason for out of park spending being down - the water main break. Not only were the resorts shuttered, but they refunded an awful lot of money.

The removal of Camper Village will make the park huge amounts of money. Definitely more than they were making with RV's.

Brandon

CF's decrease for Q2 is still much MUCH better than SIX

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

After they adjusted the attendance for the water park they sold the difference from last year was around 104,000. I wonder how much different that would have been if CP wasn't closed do the water main break for a few days.

I have no idea how many guest CP would have on a typical weekend day but it would most likely take a chunk out of that number.

As for the out of park spending they stated there was a 3 million decrease from year to year. Having Breakers, Sandcastle etc... shut down for 3 days - along with the restaurants had to be a decent portion of that as well.

You basically repeated Brandon xD

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I was just curious if the cabins were being rented. I haven't been up there this year. It's hard to estimate how much they lost with the water main break because there is not a precident to go back on. I just wondered if they had a high occupancy. DSShives answered my question. Thanks.

The New Cabins are almost always sold out at the premium rate of $450, been trying to get one. And we always stay at cabins four to five times a year and my mom brings her RV twice a year.

Overall I'd say a great addition to Camper Village.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service