2015 Dining Plan options announced

There is lots of fine print on the back of a platinum pass card.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Which, again, has little to do with the dining plan.

It's still within their rights to change it as they want. They could even make it so you can only get peanut butter and jelly on Tuesday's and they wouldn't be doing anything wrong. Yes, there would be lots of upset people and demands for refunds, but it's still within their rights. I'm still thinking about getting the dining plan, but seeing how they keep changing them makes me want to reconsider. The time issue isn't a deal breaker, but if they start removing places from the plan, that's when it becomes a problem. But I buy the plan knowing that they can change it and I take that risk.

Brian

They switched back to the 4 hour window....that was fast!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I'm glad they switched back, the designated meal times were a major negative with the plan.

Thabto, I disagree that they can do anything they want with the plan. If a plan is purchased after the menu, locations, times and rules are published, you are buying a service based on that information. If they change the menu to peanut butter on jelly on Tuesdays, they are providing a different product than what was purchased and opening themselves up to fraud complaints.

They know that, they did put all the people who purchased a meal plan last year after Midway Market was made part of the plan on a list, so they could still use Midway Market after it was removed from the plan. People who purchased the meal plan early couldn't use Midway Market because it was not part of the plan when their meal plan was purchased. But, later purchasers were grandfathered in because taking Midway Market away from those people would have meant that they did not get what they purchased.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Fair enough, although the example I gave was rather extreme. I'm kind of surprised though that there is no terms of service that you must agree to before purchasing the plan. If you agree to something, then they can do it as long as it falls within those terms. Almost everything I do requires that these days.

Brian

Thabto said:

It's still within their rights to change it as they want. They could even make it so you can only get peanut butter and jelly on Tuesday's and they wouldn't be doing anything wrong.

Dude, c'mon, you're being ridiculous if you honestly think that.

RCMAC said:

Um.....
You don't know me very well, do you?

;-)

Then again... Maybe he does, and he realizes you were just that drunk that you did a 180?

IMO, that my friends, is exactly the reason why you don't purchase anything before you know for sure you need or want it. Just like college text books, why buy them before the first week of class where you find out if you need them or not.

Er, I knew I wanted it with the 4hr wait time as advertised. Your post sounds a lot like the text on the book being changed by the publisher after it is already in your hands. Something like ripping out a bunch of pages, redacting some lines, etc.

I think he meant whether you need the book or not. I've had classes where we barely opened the textbook and wish I didn't buy the book.

Brian

Generally speaking I do not eat college textbooks, perhaps that is why I haven't the foggiest idea of how one can compare purchasing the Cedar Fair dining plans to purchasing college textbooks.

What is near Los Gatos? I bought the dining plan for the season. My daughter loved hers last year.

Jayme
ghostlymanor.com Sandusky, OH

Skyhawk, Antique Cars, Mine Ride, Snake River Falls and Wave Swinger are near Los Gatos.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

topthrilldragster4lyf said:
Er, I knew I wanted it with the 4hr wait time as advertised. Your post sounds a lot like the text on the book being changed by the publisher after it is already in your hands. Something like ripping out a bunch of pages, redacting some lines, etc.

Or more like you made a purchase before things are set in stone. Especially when you know things are always subject to change during the off season. Heck, I renewed my season pass for the 2012 season before they made the announcement of Wildcat's removal.
How dare they charge me the price of a Platinum Pass for 17 coasters and I was only able to ride 16. Actually, 15 once Disaster Transport was removed. I demand a refund! ;)

JUnderhill said:
Generally speaking I do not eat college textbooks, perhaps that is why I haven't the foggiest idea of how one can compare purchasing the Cedar Fair dining plans to purchasing college textbooks.

You seem to become very hangry then my friend. However, it's the exact same concept. Why pay for something before hand, when its subject to change. With your logic, you don't eat your dining plan either. You eat the food that you can get from it ;)

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

It isn't the same though. There were terms of the dining plan at the time they were available for purchase, and while there was a note that locations participating in the dining plan were subject to change I did not consider that a deal breaker. The ability of CP to change the locations available on the dining plan would remain even if you decided to wait and purchase it on opening day instead of prior to the season starting so there would be no difference.

Everyone needs to eat, therefore purchasing the dining plan would not be useless whereas college textbooks would indeed be useless as one does not need them to live. Unless of course the North Atlantic current stops suddenly and your trapped in a library in New York City... but that's another story I guess.

Listen, I understand what you're saying, but quite frankly I'm still not convinced with the argument. I understand you're mad because you feel that the new dining plan is basically telling you when you can eat. I mean, I for one, don't seek concession food as a good dinner, but that's just me. However, if it is a big deal to you, maybe get a lawyer involved. But just know, things will change even if you bought early at a (possible) discounted price.

Has anyone ever contacted the park to express displeasure about their changing what's offered with the Dining Plan? I suspect they'd refund you, given the circumstances.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

That's crazy talk. You have to lawyer-up!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Twisted - I am not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything. Furthermore I am not mad at all, I simply stated that I am not happy about the change (that has since been changed back) to the time windows. I am also certain that I said on more than one ocassion that I know they have the right to change the terms. Had this been a huge deal to me I would have contacted the park, but alas I did not... As far as lawyers go, I think I am one of the few people left that doesn't have a lawyer on speed dial...

Thank you though for letting me know that things can change... even though I clearly stated I already knew that...

And this situation is still, nowhere even remotely close to purchasing college textbooks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service