2015 Dining Plan options announced

http://cpfoodblog.com/2015-cedar-point-dining-plan-updates/

What do you think of this? Will you get the plan? I think the options are better than last year, but I'm still on the fence.

I wish they came out with a plan where you could pay a little extra and go to Midway Market. I still would like an all season drink pass.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Wow! I think that's a huge improvement.

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

I agree. Last year was pretty meh. I wish they would also come out with a snack plan. I like to go to Toot Sweets for funnel cakes or Auntie Anne's for pretzels. It would be nice if they came out with a snack plan to use at those types of places. There might still be more yet to be announced regarding dining.

Brian

I am not happy the perch sandwich was removed from the Lakeside Express season meal plan.

It is still part of the one day meal plan.

It was the biggest reason I bought the plan for.

It won't change my mind since I already bought one, but I'm glad to see the expansion. :)

For those who would rather have official confirmation from the park, it's also up on their website:

HTML

PDF (printable format)

The big win for this year IMHO is Red Garter, Celebration Station and Los Gatos. Boo on the removal of perch sandwiches from Lakeside though, that was one of my favorite dining plan sandwiches. Also, I wish they could have done something with Midway Market, like using both meals for the day for one Midway Market meal.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

After looking at this again, I just noticed that a drink isn't included in the season plan. That's kind of bogus.

Brian

It never was

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Much improved, and I don't eat fish sandwiches anyway.

The one day option is a steal if you eat every 90 minutes, or walk away and hand-off food to a friend.

The kids and I get the souvineer cups anyway, so the drink isn't an issue.

Having the fruit-cup option is a nice touch. Being able to eat in Coasters and Pinks works well. We also tend to eat the mini-dogs and fries a lot.

We ate at Midway Market once, the last day of the season. Good food actually, discounted price, still not worth it as a main meal on a regular basis, so there is that. I'd agree that cashing-in both meals for one "premium" meal such as the Midway Market, or Chuck Wagon, or something, would be a nice feature.

I'll have to punch the numbers. Could be worth it if we hit CP as much as last season.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

^I did exactly what you described with the single day plan with a friend. We purchased one plan and both ate for the day, and it worked perfectly.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I'm glad that Los Gatos is part of the dining plan. I went there a lot in 2014 because it was something quick and wasn't that pricey. The only thing I am wondeirng is If it's on the Dining plan for season or platinum members?

Yes, it is part of the season plan:

Los Gatos
– Burrito & side of chips and salsa
– 2 Tacos & side of chips and salsa

I wish those nachos were included in the season plan, but it's part of the one day plan.

Brian

Wow, there's tons of places/choices, and the healthier side options at most of the places is nice (as long as the fruit cup isn't diced fruit in heavy syrup like I'm imaging lol). Our family is definitely considering adding this on to our PP's this year.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Coco said:

[...] and the healthier side options at most of the places is nice (as long as the fruit cup isn't diced fruit in heavy syrup like I'm imaging lol)[...]

Unless they change the dining plan fruit cups from what they used at Coasters last year, that's exactly what they are. Those junk little syrup-drenched plastic cups. I was hoping that was going to be a good option but I'd just rather eat fries.. That's not to say it's a terrible option for everyone but to me it's an empty gesture.

See also: http://cpfoodblog.com/caesar-salad-fresh-fruit-cedar-point-meal-plans/

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Ohh, of course that's what they are. I guess eating crap at a theme park for a day has never killed me before. I suppose variety is nice even if it's this junk food vs. that junk food. At least there's a choice.

The veggie burgers were a nice surprise, something new for CP.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

The option of the fruit cup vs. deep fried french fries all the time is a big plus, even if it is a bowl of sugar soaked fruit.

If there was anything I would like to see different it would be upcharges for other options, as was already stated perhaps using both daily meal credits for one meal at Midway Market, or charge an additional fee for other options. Disney has something similar where their signature restaraunts cost 2 table service credits. In any case the all season dining plan was an easy choice for us, with how many times we go to CP and other CF parks each year it is well worth it as is.

I was happy to see fruit cups offered last season actually, not sure that these in the meal plans will be as big.

From what Google Tracks showed last season the kids and I were walking an average of 7.5 miles and on the early open/late departure days we hit 12.5 miles for the day. So calories and such are not a factor much of the time. But we also come so often it is easier to sleep the extra hour, eat breakfast before leaving Bowling Green, or do lunch off-point before arriving. There were a few trips we actually arrived about 4 p.m. for dinner and some fun before going back home.

Lots of ways to make the math work.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service