2015 Dining Plan options announced

A better question is why at the food stands, since they are giving the bands away right there, you can't simply buy the plan there for $30.

Btw, https://www.cedarpoint.com/images/uploads/file/2015%20CP%20MEAL%20P...205_11.pdf (note the "rev 5-11 part") no longer differentiates between season-long and all-day (it certainly did on opening day). a) That's a good thing, but b) it sure adds to confusion on both parties as to who gets what if the details continue to change.

Yeah, that's also a good question. Making it as friction-free as possible for customers to hand over their money seems like a complete no-brainer to me. During the Panda Express-Red Garter-Grist Mill fiasco, we were tempted to just pay for the meal at Panda Express, then go get a refund on the dining deal. Handing over money should not be so frustrating.

That PDF doesn't match the card I grabbed at Guest Services on Saturday, as Panda Express isn't listed on the PDF.

Brandon

The changing terms of the all-season dining pass are why I decided not to get one. I seriously considered it once they added Panda Express, but they could suddenly decide that arrangement isn't working out and remove it, much like Midway Market last year. I'd feel much better about buying a dining plan if I knew that the meals listed at the time of my pass purchase were guaranteed to be available for the entire season.

Last edited by birdman,

I think the bigger question lately seems to be the long lines for ordering and getting food. Regardless of debating "how it should have been during early days of opening," let's just hope come June there aren't still huge, slow lines for food.

And as a snapshot of another food situation problem, I wanted to use my meal for chicken fingers and get a walking taco. After waiting 20 minutes to order, I ask for the fingers meal, plus add a walking taco. They were unable to do so and I was told I'd have to wait in that line for the taco. "That line" was the 20-minute line next to me, 2 feet to my right. The food areas were freely connected, the tacos were right there, yet they couldn't get me a walking taco for this order because it wasn't in the computer.

Yeah, that's crazy. To my mind, if there are no walls between you and Food X, I should be able to buy Food X at any window.

I will say, despite the terrible experiences I mentioned, there were bright spots. The employees at Panda Express flat out hustle, and the only reason that line is slow is because the customers mostly suck at being ready to order when they get to the counter, despite having been in front of the menu board for 5+ minutes.

Also, our return visit to Los Gatos in the evening was just fine, though the park had really thinned out by then.

Brandon

The way CP divides their stands up for the different foods is flat out stupid. Yes, it *might* make the wait to get chicken fingers shorter for those that only want a corn dog but what about those that need chicken fingers AND a corn dog. Its the same way at Harmony Hall at Carowinds. One kid wants pizza, one want BBQ and another wants chicken fingers. Three different lines at 20 minutes each (easy) means cold food for all.

You know, I never thought about that. All of the volume counter service places at Disney typically have at least six entree options. Universal has a few places that are cafeteria style that work really well. SeaWorld has the cafeteria style too.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Wow yeah...The Festhaus..er I mean Harmony Hall at CWinds is multi counters with only a few entrees at each.

I will say though, just go for the Brisket...it's the best food item there. The pizza isn't bad, but Wings does it better for some reason. You can also get their variation on Chicken & Waffles there, and it's worth the diabetes.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service