2015 Dining Plan options announced

CP is great for getting some exercise, I've had a similar experience where my fitness tracker shows that I walk somewhere between 6 and 10 miles every time I spend time in the park. The sole on my shoes goes bald way before the rest of the shoe wears out. No problem indulging in some of the park treats with that amount of walking.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Google Tracks is fun to use at CP, you can also ping Google Earth and post your location and path as you go...assuming you can get data reception.

Ah, nothing like being on CCMR and having Google think you are stuck in traffic because your moving so slow.....

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

I have no problem indulging in the treats CP has to offer. I miss the cheese on a stick, fresh cut fries, etc... However, with how many times we go to CP each year I get tired of french fries, burgers etc... It's really not a health issue for me as mush as I just get tired of eating fries everytime we are there so a salad or fruit cup is a good alternative.

When I skimmed over the list of options on the all season plan I missed that the perch sandwich is not included, that's a bummer as it is one of my favorites to get. Hopefully, they will change that and add it as an option.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

I don't get Cedar Point more than once a year, but when I do, I indulge. Counting calories goes out the window. Once a year, it's okay to have chili cheese fries (and enjoy them while sitting under the Sky Ride).

Cedar Point is a good workout. I tried using a fitness app on my phone but I forgot to turn it off on some rides and my phone battery sucks. I would guess that I walk around 5 miles each time I visit. And some pants last year fit me better and I think I credit that to my Cedar Point walks.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

They need an adult beverage dining plan :P

Seriously though with the Luminosity bar and the beer garden in Frontier trail, I've had some things here and there that isn't unique persay..However I'd like to try out some wines & whatnot at some point, maybe a wine flight if offered, or even a beer flight. First time I tried any Sierra Nevada products and I really enjoyed their IPA

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Good thought, I'd pay $300 - $400 for a season drinking plan that allowed, let's say, 4 drinks per day.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Same here...Biggest thing is trying new things in the back. I'm not a bud drinker or anything so this season I spent alot of time up at Chickies & Petes having a cider or a New Belgium..Back of the park I was trying a bit, especially the local wine, I think Firelands if memory serves correct.

But CP is enjoyable..CP with a buzz is even more enjoyable...

thedevariouseffect said:

But CP is enjoyable..CP with a buzz is even more enjoyable...

So, were you trying to give *Po!ntBuzz* an entirely new meaning? LoL

This site has deserved a toast from time to time..or a shot of Whiskey when very ridiculous comments come out..

Yes, a 'adult beverage' plan(add on), would be a great idea! It would save the hassel of many guests having to go back to their car to enjoy a beer, or any other adult drink of choice. Keep them in the park, where they could potentialy spend additional $$. And yeah, a limit (spacing & qty.)could be set per day, to prevent the 'drunkards' from running rampant! It's a very prospective proposition IMO. How about it Tony? Can you work some magic?

Keep passing the fun along!

Pete said:

Good thought, I'd pay $300 - $400 for a season drinking plan that allowed, let's say, 4 drinks per day.

Sounds like they'll lose money on you, Pete! :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I never drink alcohol much, so that plan wouldn't be of much use to me. I'll just get an occasional beer at a bar every once in a while. I've never got a beer at CP, but if there's any exclusive drinks there, I'll try some that could be reccommended.

But,I'd be happy if they just came out with a plan to get pop. But I doubt they would since that would most likely hurt souvenir cup sales. I don't get souvenir cups because I hate carrying them around and the number of rides that prohibit you from putting them in a bin is increasing, so the cup in my opinion never pays for itself due to the need to rent lockers. Maybe a season locker plan could help.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Yes -- I'd rather have a soda pop or two through the day then have to deal with an unwieldy souvenir cup that I have to carry all day.

souvenir cup...of beer bahaha

I'm not an expert on Ohio liquor laws, but I think a drinking plan like that wouldn't fly. Give aways, 3 for 1's, stuff like that are currently prohibited and it sounds like this would fall into that category.

Speaking of drunk at C.P., one time I was at the Breakers for a week and Mike Roberts drove over to spend the day with me. He left late afternoon and I was bored so I went to Fridays for a sip. Which turned into 6 Long Island Iced Teas, and the bartender was sooooo friendly. Anyway, I walked (walked?) out of there s-faced DRUNK.

And into the park I went. I rode Windseeker, maXair, Dodgem, Millenium Force, Magnum (twice), Skyhawk and finished the evening on Maverick (twice). It was a slow evening at the park and it had rained a bit.
After the rides closed I walked back down the Trail. The Starlight lights and the floats were all on, it was eerily quiet, everything was closed, and I didn't see another soul the entire trip down the trail. It was like everyone had disappeared and I had the park all to myself.

Now, I dont do that kind of thing all the time, and I surely do NOT recommend that disgraceful behavior to my fine friends here at PointBuzz. Drunkenness at the park is not permitted for good reason, and thank goodness I didn't get in trouble or place myself, or anyone else, in harm's way due to my wanton carelessness. But, for just that once it was kind of awesome...

Well, until the next morning when I woke up in the Bon Air with a really, REALLY bad dizzy headache.
And my room was in the Tower...

Last edited by RCMAC,

Man, I went to Friday's once with Pete one Coastermania and had a beer, which turned into, I dunno, lots. Remarkably, maXair was a completely different experience, and there was no regurgitation. But I wouldn't recommend that either.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I greatly enjoy drinking at the park, however knowing your limits is extremely important. As for the Ohio laws regarding discounting intoxicating beverages the basic rule is that you must make a profit on anything sold. So 2 for-1 deals/including an adult beverage are not techincally permitted it is easy to get around those rules by building the pricing structure correctly.

TGI Fridays is currently featuring a deal that includes an adult beverage.They simply build it in back end their computers that a specific dollar value is assessed to the beverage. So if the deal is 10 dollars they would apply 8 dollars as food sales and 2 dollars as adult beverage sales(only an example) and the state gets the taxes they desire and they are within the law.

For buy one get one discounts typically you would recieve a token or coupon or something that you turn in for your "free" drinks. On the back end the restaurant/bars system would simply reconize that as a sale. Just like a gift certificate more or less.

As for a season long adult beverage pass of some sort, in theory it could be done easily. As long as a limit was placed on the number of items. Example: Pass costs $100 can be used for 50 beers each time you used it the parks POS would basically read a two dollar gift card sale which would be over cost and within the law.

Adult beverages at the park sell well with high margins, it would not be benificial to offer this deal unless the price point was high but still a nice thought.

Since this already is off-topic, I saw a team of college women at Epcot the other day with matching T-shirts that said, "Look like a BEAUTY, drink like a BEAST."

And I would also not recommend this:

Picture it: 1974, a Thursday night in July at Cedar Point. Food service worker RCMAC leaves the weekly employee dance and walks from the Ballroom directly across the street to Cedar Downs which he finds, for some reason, inviting. He climbs over the rail, then the wall to the center of the ride and lays down in the soft grass to stare up at the sky through the hole in the roof. Then, inexplicably, ZZZZZzzzzzz........
Fast forward to 6 in the morning when RCMAC is awakened suddenly by the sound of loud banging. To his horror, he realizes maintenance men have the floor boards of the ride pulled up and are working away. He sneaks over the brick wall, does the soldier crawl between the horses and falls over the rail into the Turnpike. He crawls through the mud, climbs the fence across from Pirate Ride, straightens up quickly and strolls back to the Cedars as if nothing ever happened.

And I swear, it was the ONLY OTHER TIME I was ever drunk at Cedar Point.
:-)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service