2014 - Changes to Platinum Pass Benefits

Scottyf said:
I'm mostly talking about the hot dog/brat deal.

Oh, I totally get that this and the fries deals were excellent values purely in terms of money saved.

But my issue has always been that I don't want to eat a brat and/or fries every time I'm at the park. So, for those of you that didn't mind eating the same thing every visit, I can see how the new deal is a downgrade.

thedevariouseffect said:
I think both are sans drink but don't quote me.

Pretty sure you're correct.

So far only this years cups are accepted @ KI, no prior year, not sure if that policy carries over at CP this year, we will see.

I haven't purchased a souvenir cup in some time, but I always assumed they didn't accept previous years' cups for refills.

Thabto said:
...I could see myself using like BOGO Go-Karts and mini golf.

What bums me out about the mini golf deal is that it only works for 9 holes. And when we visited last year, playing 9 holes only gets you access to the front nine.

So, no matter how you cut it, you can't use this deal and play on the back 9. Not sure why that restriction exists (or it may have been the employee's misunderstanding), but it was absurd and frustrating.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Me and my son played last year and it was BOGO for 18 holes each person. Are you thinking that each course is 9 holes? They are both 18 holes.

Yeah, I played CP's mini golf last year (for the first time ever, amazingly), and we played 18 holes.

Maybe I have the hole quantity screwed up. But I distinctly recall not being able to choose to play the second course.

Brandon

No in past years I used to take my giant Windseeker cup and get the same refill deal, or I would pay double (wooo) because it was bigger. Now, you have to buy that years cup to get the deal.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:
For drinks, get a cup, pay 99 cents / refill.

I'd probably pay a lot more than $9.99 if I could get a season of 99¢ drinks without the pain of carrying around a souvenir cup - assuming I even remember to even bring it. :)

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

As long as the cups can fit in my cargo pockets, I'm good with it. Buying the cup with 99 cent refills is the best value.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^I see your point. I wish they did do a season long drink deal to go onto your season pass as well. I mean I think of cruise ships, pay to get drinks the whole trip, gets put on your room card/key.

Maybe in time, this is the first year of this deal, they may make future changes.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I kind of liked the specific meal perks better. The Frontier Trail cookie deal was a steal (6 huge cookies for $6). The Johnsonville hot dog one was pretty good too. The 10% off isn't that great. $1 off a $10 chicken basket isn't really a bargain. At least it provides more freedom of where a pass-holder will eat.

Last edited by coolkid,

It was 6 cookies for $6.

^Yeah I have know clue why I typed $2; thanks for catching that.

I'm also sad about the cookie deal!! That was my favorite....mmmm, sitting down with a giant cookie and watching luminosity was at the end of the day was nice (and having a few cookies in my backpack to eat later hahaha!)

I bought a season meal plan at Kings Island just last night. But for a few small exceptions, the rules are the same at both parks.

The plan is loaded onto your season pass. There's a little icon on the window or front of each participating location. There are only certain meals at that location that qualify, but it usually works out to an entree and a side. To avoid over rings and voids, please tell the cashier you'll be using the plan before he or she gets started. (trust me on that one) Your pass must be scanned each time. At Kings Island the time between meals is two hours, not ninety minutes.

I used my first meal at Skyline and got a 3way and fries. At LaRosas I got two slices and breadsticks. The menu boards there show pictures of dining plan meals and they happen to have guess what?- a regular soft drink included in the picture. So even though I had my money out for my drink they let it slide. And I think a fix for that is definitely in the works.

Now, y'all don't go to CP and expect the same thing, I'm just sayin what happened to me at KI last night.

Truthfully, I'm not sure why they don't go ahead and include a small drink in the plan. Pop is a huge money maker, but it's also cheap to give away, and it would only amount to two a day anyway. The only thing that comes to mind is they are trying not to cut into their souvenir cup sales, which always offers a refill deal of some sort. And we'll see how it looks at CP this year, but I noticed they're giving the cups a huge push at KI. There's opportunities to purchase everywhere- there's even a large kiosk outside the park gate.

Also- if you dont see your favorite pass perk on the list this year, (cookies, fries, etc.) don't expect it to be available when you get to the park. I predict the "percent off" and the meal plans will be the thing moving forward. There may be a theme here, but I'd bet it's to provide consistency throughout the park and ultimately the chain.
For someone like me, because I spend money at the park, a percentage off on everything I choose to do will probably be a better benefit in the long run than BOGO fries or 6 cookies I don't need. I can see where those of you who refuse to spend a dime and sit in the parking lot eating peanut butter sandwiches would be upset.

I really like the meal plan and we will be getting it opening weekend. If they would include a small drink with the meal plan, its a home run in my book. We get the souvenir cups every year but dont always remember to bring them or dont like having to lug them around on the rides.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Does anybody know if I can buy the $19.99 Passholder Appreciation ticket online, or at Hotel Breakers instead of buying it at the front gate?

Alex- Last year we were able to buy the Passholder Appreciation Tickets at the Magnum gate to the park coming from the Breakers with no problem.
We didn't try at the Windseeker entrance.
Hope that helps!

Last edited by chris9ty,

Yes it did, thank you chris9ty

RE: Meal Deal "Participating Restaurants":

That list includes: Dragon's Inn

I have no memory of a food place called The Dragon's Inn. It doesn't appear on CP's list of places to eat either.

Where is it in the park?

EDIT TO ADD: After sleeping on this - I seem to remember a food stand next to Iron Dragon. Is that what this is?

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

Cedar Point guest since 1974

On "Bring a Friend Day" do your friends get in an hour early or do they have to wait in the car? (!)

Cedar Point guest since 1974

I am sad the cookie and fries deals are gone. Those were good deals. The 10% isn't that big of a discount. On most things, it will end up being less than a dollar discount per meal per person. I don't eat enough during the day at CP to justify the meal plan. It would be a waste for me, but I can see the value in it for others.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service