2014 - Changes to Platinum Pass Benefits

Walt said:
YMMV, but the new Season Meal Plan might end up being the best deal.

Where can I find info on the Season Meal Plan? I can't find it on the CP website, even after doing a search for it.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Never mind, just found it. :)

Here ya go Pete

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/dining

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Thanks Steve. This does seem like a good deal to me that I would get to use a lot.

It sounds like a good deal, but I hardly ever eat inside the park. The only food items I get in the park are cup refills.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I notice it says, "As Low as" $72. I think I'd probably buy it at that price if it gives me two meals each time I visit. I find myself wondering how much more it might be when I get there or what else I have to buy to get that price. Or if $72 only includes one or two food places and you have to pay more to unlock others. $72 almost seems too good to be true.

This seems like something that would be difficult to price fairly in a way that is profitable for the park. What is a fair price for a 5x per year visitor might be way too cheap for someone who lives up the road and wants to skip buying groceries all summer and just eat at CP every day.

-Matt

Now that the good Platinum Pass deals are gone and I saw that CP was offering the season dining pass, it seemed like a no-brainer at first.

But, the food selection is very weak in comparison to Kings Island's offerings. I'll probably still get it at only $72, but I'll sure be eating a ton of Pink's cheeseburgers and fries.

I would have loved to see them come up with something not so greasy and fried. Generic subs, chicken wraps, soft tacos, or even a simple grilled chicken sandwich?

DSShives said:
Click on participating locations and it will open up a new window with the details. I think very good food choices overall.

All I see listed are locations for the Single Meal and All Day dining plans, nothing for the All Season plan.

Ffej said:
Now that the good Platinum Pass deals are gone...

I'd be interested to see how much usage the deals get this year compared to last, because for us, a straight 10% discount is much more appealing than the random BOGO deals and whatnot. Not only were they too random for us to remember, none of them were particularly appealing. With a flat discount, we're much more likely to participate.

I would have loved to see them come up with something not so greasy and fried.

And that was one of the reasons we haven't used the PP deals in the past. It seemed like most of them were for greasy, park-type food.

Then again, we had such a hard time remembering the deals that there may have been more appealing offers.

:)

Brandon

It's "As low as 72 dollars" if other people buy the pass along with you. Just like FastLane, the more you have in your party, purchasing at the same time, the cheaper it gets. The soft drink thing and the locations offered won't change.

So, make that first trip with friends who also want the dining deal and you'll get the lowest price.

Are there actual details on the plan? I see the page with the three dining plan flipper things, but it doesn't give details on things. Is it supposed to be the same as the all day plan, with the same restaurants, etc.?

Last year there was some deal with the cheese on a stick where if you bought one you get a free drink to go with it. Or maybe it was buy 2 cheese's and get one drink..? I don't remember.

Anyway.. I don't see anywhere on the CP website about that deal, or the specifics to any of the food deals. Does anyone know where I can find the specific details if they are even available?

Yeah I would love to know more information about the All Season Dining Plan. Is it like the All Day dining plan where you can eat every 90 minutes? Will other restaurants be included? Maybe I'll call the park on my lunch break and I'll post back with more information for everybody.

From what I'm gathering, it looks like it'll be two usages of the single meal plan per day, i.e. entree, side, pop.

If someone could confirm this, it'd be nice.

If someone could also confirm the PP hot dog/brat deal from last year is/is not on the table, that'd be nice too.

I just got off the phone with the Season Pass department, and I was told that for the All Season Dining Plan, it is 2 meals a day and must be 90 minutes apart, just as the All Day plan is. Same locations and everything. The locations are listed in this link:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/images/uploads/file/MEAL%20PLANS.pdf

EDIT: I also asked if the Dining Plan was available at all Cedar Fair parks or just Cedar Point, and she told me just Cedar Point. But as I have been reading, a lot of other Cedar Fair parks have much better Platinum Pass deals than Cedar Point, so I'm not even worried about it.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Scottyf said:
The random BOGO-type nonsense was a much better deal than a near-meaningless 10%.

+1000

At 10% off, that eliminates most of my food purchases, which were split about 50/50 between the Brat deal and the Fries deal last year.

Last edited by Rugrats2001,

Scottyf said:
The random BOGO-type nonsense was a much better deal than a near-meaningless 10%.

Scottyf said:
The meal plan just won't work for me. I'll buy it, then suddenly I'm forced to eat at certain places, which will instantly make me not want to eat there.

Previous years' PP deals were pretty limited, so it's odd to me that you preferred those to a straight discount on everything, while at the same time you don't like the dining deals because they're limited to certain locations.

From my perspective, both the dining deals and the previous PP deals were poor values for the same reason - I was "forced to eat at certain places".

Not sure if I have a point. I just found it an interesting observation.

Brandon

I'm mostly talking about the hot dog/brat deal. If the brats meals were $8 (w/ pop & chips), getting an entire other brat was about a $5 value. In contrast, saving 10% equates to a measly 80 cents.

Speaking of, is the wonderful Frontier Trail cookie deal (6 for $6) gone also?

TwistedWicker77 said:
I also asked if the Dining Plan was available at all Cedar Fair parks or just Cedar Point, and she told me just Cedar Point.

I don't know about all Cedar Fair parks, but I know King's Island is also doing a season meal plan.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

They have daily & seasonal meal deal

daily 30 buck meal gets you combo every 90 min

Seasonal gets you two meals / day only and spaced 120 min apart

I think both are sans drink but don't quote me.

For drinks, get a cup, pay 99 cents / refill. So far only this years cups are accepted @ KI, no prior year, not sure if that policy carries over at CP this year, we will see.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Scottyf said:
I'm mostly talking about the hot dog/brat deal. If the brats meals were $8 (w/ pop & chips), getting an entire other brat was about a $5 value. In contrast, saving 10% equates to a measly 80 cents.

This. While I don't eat in the park much, this would be a better incentive. But all other platinum deals are great that I could see myself using like BOGO Go-Karts and mini golf.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service