2014 - Changes to Platinum Pass Benefits

^ Preach on person whose name I have never been able to pronounce. America is raising a generation of wusses.

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy referring to the heavy-ass TV sitting on the wobbly TV tray: "Ah, let him pull it down on him a few times...he'll learn."

Turn your head upside down (actually don't!). I know it's messed up but it's Funhouse upside down, see signature. The worst part was making the E.

Thanks, this is why you have this today:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theemploymentbeat/2013/09/20/helicopter...yer-to-do/

I'm trying my darndest to raise competent, independent kids.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Perhaps it's the late hour, but I fail to see a connection between a rule designed to reduce the number of teens, tweens, and kids in a hot-tub without a parent around down and the ability to raise competent independent children who can walk to school on their own.

Promoter of fog.

3snoH un=l said:
This isn't cute. I am not trying to brag on my kids. I am saying they aren't wild in a place like that and I don't think most children are either.

It's sad that society has placed such a low bar on all children that it is expected that they are helpless and misbehave. Maybe that's why you think they haven't got their act together by the age of 15.

I do not agree.

What he said. We're talking about a fraction of a water park that is otherwise dedicated to kids.

Dedicating some floor space to "adults" is kind of a no-brainer. And it's a pretty relaxed age limit.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Be glad I'm not in charge, because I'd raise it to 18. Maybe even 21.

I'd say that their policy has more to do with state law than guest attitudes toward children. Hot tubs and pools are present at most hotels. And due to unsupervised children using pools and spas at hotels there have been a few pulled out dead. When the state sets laws regarding supervision in tubs and pools the hotel is responsible for abiding by the rules. Sure all hotels are setting the same guidelines.

Back to topic: wonder when list of perks will be out. Trying to book room ahead during a ride night and I can't get a pass discount on the room using the 2013 code of PASS. I hope they don't discontinue the discount!

Aha! I got it to work. The problem lie in the fact that there is no discount for Lighthouse Point for Platinum Pass holders. Bummer!!

I noticed that the 10% dining discount has been expanded to all locations.

Platinum Passholder Benefits

That's awesome. Much better than the random BOGO-type nonsense that was impossible to remember. This should also make it a lot easier from an operational standpoint.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

It does say "in the park". Hopefully it will be expanded to outside resturants like Famous Dave's...

The random BOGO-type nonsense was a much better deal than a near-meaningless 10%.

Good point on the limitation. The only out-of-park restaurant with a discount is Bay Harbor, which offers 20% off.

And I don't recall if this was mentioned before, and it's not a listed perk, but PP holders can use Preferred Parking for $10. That could come in handy on those busy days when the lot in the back is closed.

Brandon

It says Bay Harbor is 20% off through April. I wonder if there will be any discounts there come May and after. 10% would still be nice.

10% instead of that Chili Cheese fry deal is a huge bummer, but discounted Preferred Parking is a plus.

I, for one, am sorely disappointed in the food perks we are getting this year for plat. pass holders. 10% off, thats it? Previous years food perks were so much better! Especially the fry deal!! I used that one quite a bit, as the fries are my favorite food item to eat at the park. I wonder if Cedar Fair just figures they were losing money on the old perks and now just said do the 10% thing...that totally sucks....oh well...guess I won't be getting my fries as much this year..

YMMV, but the new Season Meal Plan might end up being the best deal.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

The All Season Meal Plan is tempting. The only thing I wish it included was the drink too. I'd rather increase the Meal Plan by a few dollars and include the drink. That is a perceived better value. Throwing down $3-$4 for a Coke every meal really increases the overall cost of the plan.

If they want to increase the value to a Platinum Pass, include the drinks with a Platinum Pass and don't include it with a regular season pass.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

The meal plan just won't work for me. I'll buy it, then suddenly I'm forced to eat at certain places, which will instantly make me not want to eat there.

Does anyone know what the details are for the All-Season Meal Plan?

All I can see is $72 for Lunch and Dinner EVERY visit...

This sounds like it may be a really good deal to me, as I am staying there for 8 days in June, in addition to my 4-5 days each month.

The changes to the PP benefits look good to me

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Click on participating locations and it will open up a new window with the details. I think very good food choices overall.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service