2011 Platinum Passes

Maybe you shouldn't use an estimate.

Goodbye MrScott

John

The platinum pass is certainly a good value for those that go to the park more than 3 or 4 times. If you're going more than 8 or 10 it is an absolute steal.

When you think about it though, if you buy a regular season pass today, you are giving Cedar Point your money 8 months before they will have to earn it. It's a trade off, help CP's cash flow in the off-season and they'll break even on you.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

What am I submitting a dissertation here? No, I'm stating my opinion. I'd spring the $300-700 for a Universal or Disney Pass who provide value, rather than the $150 for a CP Platinum Pass, especially because I can get a chicken sandwich, fries, and a drink at Universal for the same I'd pay at Wendy's.

UpsideDown! :-)

UpsideDown said:
What am I submitting a dissertation here?

Obviously not, that would require research, not just knee jerk, "Park sucks", reactions.

And Kyle channels his inner DJ.

Life has come full circle. ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

:)

UpsideDown said:
Yeah, too bad the United States went through net deflation in 2008-2009.

So what? That's one year. You're ignoring the other years where the opposite occurred.

Cedar Point doesn't offer anything new...

OK, I concede that you don't find value in what CP offers - that's a subjective measure. But they don't offer anything new?!? Since 2004 (the year on which you apparently base your "OMG CP has actually raised prices since this point in history" rant), the park has added the following new attractions:
- Lighthouse Point & Soak City improvements
- Maxair
- Skyhawk
- Maverick
- Planet Snoopy
- Starlight Experience
- Shoot the Rapids

I don't see how any rational person could claim that CP hasn't been offering guests "anything new".

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

A couple of carnival rides, an over priced resort, some used kiddie rides, a water ride that is boring, some christmas lights that are already burnt out in a lot of places. The only really "worthy" attraction they have added as of late is maverick.

But, I have to say that I am looking forword to windseeker. That looks like a great new addition.

I don't want to start a six flags "vs" cedarfair argument, but I find more value in a six flags pass than a cedarfair pass. I get more for less money with a six flags pass. Again, let's not start a huge argument about this. That's just my opinion.

With that said, I am planning on getting a cedarfair platinum pass next year as well, because we are doing a 17 park tour with 6 cedarfair parks in it. I will also have a six flags pass, because we will be doing 8 six flags parks on the same trip.

But I am not going to give them my money untill I have to. Why give it to them now, and not get anything untill next year? I will keep that money in my bank.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

crazy horse said:
The only really "worthy" attraction they have added as of late is maverick.

Your opinion is completely irrelevant. Whether or not you like what the park has added, the fact remains that the park has made significant additions to the park.

I don't want to start a six flags "vs" cedarfair argument...

Then why bring it up?

Why give it to them now, and not get anything untill next year? I will keep that money in my bank.

Because you'll save money. :)

You'd earn, what, $0.50 in interest by the time spring rolls around, when passes will be $10 more. The math is easy.

Brandon

1. If you call christmas lights and a few carnival rides "significant" than that's fine. But to me it's not.

2. The same reason that universal and Disney were brought up. To show the value of the pass compaired to other venues.

3. A lot of things could happen between now and opening day next year. House could burn down, car could get stolen, medical problems...ect. Why shell out the money to them now? To save $10? $10 is the cost of a meal(unless you eat inside cedarpoint:)).

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

I don't care who you are - $15 million (the approximate combined cost of Skyhawk, Maxair & SE) is not insignificant.

Brandon

It may be a big investment "money wise", but to the average Joe that visit's the park it is not.

Only according to you. :)

I see scores of happy, satisfied people exiting both Skyhawk & Maxair on every visit.

But again, whether or not you personally like these so-called "carnival rides" is not at all relevant to my point, which was that CP has, in fact, made significant additions to the park, contrary to what UpsideDown claims.

Brandon

I think they are "ok", but that's not what brings me to the park. I don't travel 5 hours round trip to ride maxair.

Sure people are riding them...they are there for people to ride. Do you think people would stop going to the park if they never built maxair or skyhawk?

It's just icing on the cake, but it's not "significant" enough to bring the masses to the park.

Would people stop going to the park if they never built Dragster, or Maverick or Raptor?

Goodbye MrScott

John

crazy horse said:
I don't travel 5 hours round trip to ride maxair.

So the real problem is how far away you are?

Perhaps.

The park is what it is today mostly because of the coasters, not because of maxair.

I am not saying that maxair sucks or that skyhawk was a waste of money, it's just not the main reason why people come to the park.

Kyle2154 said:

crazy horse said:

Not at all.

Just pointing out that I would not drive 5 hours round trip to ride maxair. But I would drive 5 hours round trip to ride millennium force or raptor.

crazy horse said:

Kyle2154 said:

crazy horse said:

Not at all.

Just pointing out that I would not drive 5 hours round trip to ride maxair. But I would drive 5 hours round trip to ride millennium force or raptor.

So whether you want to drive 5 hours for MaXair or Millennium, you still want to drive 5 hours, right? Cedar Point wins?

Sure they do, but your missing the point I am trying to make.

If cedarpoint only had maxair & skyhawk, I would not be driving 5 hours to ride them.

Why on earth would Cedar Point only have MaXair and Skyhawk? Last I checked the addition of MaXair didn't require the removal of all of the coasters that pull in people from all over the world (let alone 2 1/2 hours).

And call me crazy, but IMO their two newest coasters, Dragster and Maverick, have wonderful theme.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service