2011 Platinum Passes

Don't get me wrong, it'a a great perk, just not for me.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If we want to make the morning ERT, we have to be up by about 7:00-7:30. It's funny because I get up for work at 7:30, but many a Saturdays I'm up earlier because of CP :)

With ERT starting at 11 during Halloweekends, we won't have to get up before 9:30 to make it.

*gets excited about HW*

Thank you crazy horse. Nothing better expresses my words than this Six Flags promotion for their pass:

http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpass.aspx

Now that's a promotion done right, if even too extreme... That screams to me "What an insane deal! I need to buy now!"

If only I wasn't 10 hours away. I don't want this to get into some lame "Yeah, and Six Flags went bankrupt." or "Six Flags sucks; Cedar Fair rules." debate or about the value of that pass versus Platinum Pass debate.

It's simply very strong wording with reasons to buy the pass now. Compare that to Cedar Point's website.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission/season_passes/index.cfm

A link to purchase passes for $150 or $99.99. If you're from the general public, how do you even know they're on sale? This company just doesn't know how to sell their stuff.

You don't accept that in park spending is going down because of passholders...you adapt and find ways to increase that spending. I've seen very little effort there, and I don't get how anyone could disagree.

You're kidding, right?

First of all, here is the link to CP's point perks: LINK

Secondly, that SF promo page sucks compared to CP's...

"Buy 4 get free parking" - Um, just one CP PP does that.

"FREE Fright Fest 2010" - Same as CP with Halloweekends

"Pays for itself" - Really?!

"Free tickets for friends (on select days)" - Cool, but can I get some stuff for me?

"Free admission to all six flags parks" - Same as CP PP

Basically the same... well if you leave out ERT and about 40 other things the CP PP offers that that lame SF pass doesn't.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Kyle,

You & DJ are completely missing the point.

Think of Cedar Point and Six Flags being directly next to each other in Sandusky and yourself as an average consumer wondering, "Hmmm we usually hit up Cedar Point / Six Flags a couple times per year...I wonder if a pass would be worth it?"

You go to the Six Flags website...big banners on their website getting you to here:

http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpass.aspx

then you go to the Cedar Point website...small scrolling square that's hard to find, taking you to here:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission/season_passes/index.cfm

AGAIN, I am NOT debating the value of the pass or its features. I'm saying they're promoting it poorly. One of those 2 companies clearly wants to sell some passes; the other doesn't really care; that's my viewpoint as a non-enthusiast, general public consumer when visiting the two websites. The Point Perks page is a joke to be found.

Even I struggle to find the Point Perks page and always resort to typing "Cedar Point Perks" into google to find the page quickly. If I was a more casual visitor, I'd never find that page at all or even know what Point Perks is.

Let's see. I went to www.cedarpoint.com, clicked on the "Buy a 2011 Season Pass" banner when it came up, and on the left side is a link to Point Perks.

Is it really that hard to find?

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

I got free tickets to use on ANY day of the year when I bought my six flags pass. I also got a few that can only be used on select dates.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

If I just bought a season pass why in the He(( would I want tickets?

Last edited by AIRTIMELUVR,

1)Magnum 2) Blue streak 3) Millennium 4)Diamondback 5) Maverick 6)Dragster (Point lover since 66 age 8)

Do you have any friends or family?

JuggaLotus said:
Let's see. I went to www.cedarpoint.com, clicked on the "Buy a 2011 Season Pass" banner when it came up, and on the left side is a link to Point Perks.

Is it really that hard to find?

Are you a non-enthusiast, general public consumer that casually visits Cedar Point every once in awhile? No.

If you were one, why on Earth would you click on a small link titled "Point Perks" to the left? Why wouldn't this information be prominently displayed, bulleted right before a purchase button of a 2011 Platinum Pass...with price crossed out, regularly $165 (Is this the price of a Platinum next year?)...now just $145 through X date? Six Flags promoted their season passes perfectly as they should have on their site; Cedar Point has failed here. This is just 1 example...

Ffej said:
Think of Cedar Point and Six Flags being directly next to each other in Sandusky...

When you have to resort to make believe scenarios in order to prove a point about the real World, you've already lost the argument.

Are you a non-enthusiast, general public consumer that casually visits Cedar Point every once in awhile?

Why would someone who only visits the park "every once in a while" need or benefit from a season pass? Your argument keeps making less sense with each new post.

Look, I get it - you're not pleased with the value proposition of CF's season pass program. Super. It doesn't matter that you're displeased, though, because plenty of other people see the obvious value in the pass, and the park will actually survive without your patronage.

Brandon

I received an email that said if I renew online, I will get $20 off of the purchase price of my 2011 Platinum pass. The regular 2011 price is $150, so I was expecting to get a renewal for $130 (which would be a great deal). However, when I followed CP's link they provided in my email, it takes me to the regular renewal page and says the renewal fee is $145. Has anyone else received this email? Are they really offering $20 off for Platinum renewals or not? (I've also emailed CP but no answer yet)

The regular price is 165 for a platinum pass.

165 - 20 = 145.

What you see on the website right now is the discounted pricing. $15 off if you are a first time PP buyer (at 150).

I see very little difference in the websites and their advertising.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

So I'm possibly looking to get season passes for my family. I used to buy them every year when it was just me, but haven't done that in over five years. Is it no longer possible to buy a parking pass on its own? In order to get a parking sticker, I would need to buy at least one platinum pass and the rest regular season passes? Or am I still able to buy the parking sticker individually?

We won't be going to any other Cedar Fair parks and we do not go to Soak City ever. Just looking to see what makes the most financial sense.

Last edited by Rusty,

Parking stickers/ passes are not available. In order to get parking you will need atleast one platinum pass. If you don't care about early entry and if one of your children are under 48inches, buy them the cheaper platinum pass and get regular passes for the rest.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

2006 was the last year you could buy a parking pass without a season pass.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I believe parking passes used to be $50(I could be wrong), so even if they did still sell them, it would still be cheaper for one person the get a platinum pass.

@RUSTY

The value really boils down to how many times you will visit the park, but I would argue the pass has much more value to it than simply breaking even on the investment. Let me put it this way:

When I was a kid, we would go once, maybe twice per season, and never had a season pass. When you do that, you are counting on two major variables playing into your favor: 1) weather, and 2) no breakdowns on what you want to ride. Needless to say, there is much anxiety and frustration when one or both of those goes wrong on what is to be your magical day at the park.

The true value I see with the P. Pass is that this is no longer an issue...it has freed us from that "one day" working out, to a much more relaxed way of visiting the park. Along with that, I was been able to rediscover areas of the park long forgotten, simply because usually I was trying to cram everything into one afternoon. The pass really lets you pick and choose when you want to go, how long you want to stay, etc.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

In 2006 the parking pass was $65

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

This will not be a popular statement, but I will say it anyway:

I wish the platinum passes were more expensive. Then, fewer people would buy them, thereby improving ERT's, making the campground easier to get into, etc. I would happily pay double the current price, if it meant a more exclusive experience.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service