2011 Platinum Passes

Cedar Point now has their 2011 Platinum Passes available for $150.00, and $145.00 for their new program of "instant renewal"

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission/season_passes/index.cfm

Very nice - You're able to do instant renewal right online. It's about freaking time. Also means I should be able to get in on the 'cheaper' price for renewal here in Oklahoma instead of having to wait until I visit the park to renew.

Anyone know when this offer expires? Doesn't say on the web page. I thought I had seen Oct. 31 somewhere, but can't seem to find it now.

Most of the other Cedar Fair park sites are listing October 31 as the cutoff date for the lower price, so I assume CP is the same, especially since that's the last day of their season.

I wonder if this is as good as it'll get, or if they'll do some kind of bonus event again like last year...

I think they should do a Passholder Appreciation Day every year, but skip the free garbage bags. How about a free cookout meal or $10 food voucher? Cedar Fair really doesn't know how to run promotions well...

Something like that, and I'd be there, locked in with the $145 renewal.

I still have a problem with the cross-park pass thing. The CP site is nice enough to tell me my pass is a Kings Island pass that must be renewed through them and directs me to the KI site. But then the KI site tells me to contact customer service. Grr.

Ffej said:
Cedar Fair really doesn't know how to run promotions well...

Wait... a cheap-as-dirt season pass that includes parking and access to almost a dozen parks isn't a kick ass promotion? I guess some people are never satisfied.

Brandon

You can whine about a lot of things CF does, but I honestly have never understood how the platinum passes can be so cheap. And no, for once I'm not being sarcastic.

Promoter of fog.

The PP break-even is what, 3 trips to Cedar Point once you include parking?

That's a weekend trip.

Throw in a day or two to another park and you're very easily saving money.

Goodbye MrScott

John

The way I figure our "break even point" is 2 single-day CP admissions, one Starlight visit and one Soak City trip:
(45+5) x 2 = $100
(30+5) x 1 = $35
(30+0) x 1 = $30

Seeing as how we make the above visits and then some without even breaking a sweat (we typically do at least 3 full days, 2 starlights and 1 SC (total would be $250/person without passes), it's easily a fantastic deal. Even more so if you visit the other CF parks.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

The Platinum Pass is the best deal going. Besides the admission and parking there's the Point Perks. We use it often for games, Skyscraper, mini golf and go carts. Plus, we've used it for discounts on rooms, on meals at Game Day and other discounts.

I'm always using the pass for the games :)

I'll probably renew through Kings Island online (since I have to). For CoasterMania! and BooBuzz next year, it doesn't matter that I will be a Kings Island Platinum Passholder, does it?

No, I don't think it matters. For those events, you simply need a way to get into the park, either by ticket or pass or whatever.

Brandon

Or cut across the headchopper zone! Oh, wait -- wrong park. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You guys are nuts. $150 for a Platinum Pass to a regional park? Just a few years ago it was around $120-130 range. I bought one year of Platinum Pass, then they raised the price, it's not worth it at $150.

I visited twice this year, once with a ticket from Meijer's another with a free ticket from a friend. I don't get the value from CP that I get from other amusement activities, or I could even buy a pair of shoes and get more enjoyment out of those than what CP has provided me lately. Adding a stupid swing ride isn't going to change that either. I think they need some serious reorganization from the top down.

UpsideDown! :-)

UpsideDown said:
You guys are nuts...

I visited twice this year...

Yes, if I only visited twice a year I would be nuts to buy the platinum pass. But looking at 16-18 days at the park this year I would be nuts to buy 18 discounted tickets at meijer vs the pass.

UpsideDown said:
You guys are nuts. $150 for a Platinum Pass to a regional park? Just a few years ago it was around $120-130 range.

Ignoring the value aspect for a moment, have you ever heard of inflation? Something that cost around $130 in 2004 would cost $150 in 2009.

...I could even buy a pair of shoes and get more enjoyment...
...stupid swing ride...

Ah, so your disappointment with the park (and the pass pricing) is emotional, rather than intellectual or analytical.

Don't worry, little guy - I'm sure CP will build you a nice, shiny new coaster soon. :)

Brandon

Yeah, too bad the United States went through net deflation in 2008-2009.

Cedar Point doesn't offer anything new or a retaining quality anymore, it's not worth the price, for the value they offer.

Based on what facts?

Value is a subjective thing. For you, going twice a year, an annual pass doesn't make sense. For someone going 6, 7, 15 times a year, it makes perfect sense. Just because you don't find value in the product being offered by a company doesn't mean other people don't as well.

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:
Based on what facts?

Value is a subjective thing. For you, going twice a year, an annual pass doesn't make sense. For someone going 6, 7, 15 times a year, it makes perfect sense. Just because you don't find value in the product being offered by a company doesn't mean other people don't as well.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankord...2rank.html

20 United States -0.30 2009 est.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service