2007 Ride Testing

I agree with Ken. The front car was slightly on the incline....the farthest it has been. My guess is they're doing something with the LSM's to get them ready. I noticed that, before today, the entire train wouldn’t really be over the LSM's....so maybe moving it slightly up the incline meant something.

But IMO, testing is still going to be a while. Those canyons need to be finished first.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^^I'm sure they will once the season starts and there is more to see. I'm sure not that much construction work goes on around 7pm.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

^Damn unions.

*shakes head*

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

i think there should be some type of live feed to their website of various shows or even the fireworks show.

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

At this point, I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a handful still working at 7 p.m. If it's light outside, there's likely some work happening. That becomes more true the closer they get to opening.

For the misinformed, it has nothing to do with unions. They have a project to complete and they're going to work the hours required to get it done. I worked plenty of preseason OT at Cedar Point while a member of the union.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Paradroid[DK] said:[/DK]
I think it's further up the track, than it's been before.

Aside from that time when they pulled the train all the way through the course. Although, I don't know if they did the lift or launch at that point because of the LSM installation, so they may be hitting those now that LSM's are in.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I heard that a new ride must go through a 100 hours of test runs before anyone gets on. is this true?

I believe its a set number of hours for each ride & ride vehicle per season. 100 sounds about right, but im not sure.

Well since the web cams are down again for mantainace I would quess that they have started testing.

Or they could just be down for maintenance.

2010: TL Millennium Force
2009: TL Iron Dragon | 2008: ATL maXair
2007: Wicked Twister | 2006: maXair
2002-2005: Ride Photo

All three again.

Maybe they're applying the DST patch? :)

After all the patching and whatnot, my outlook finally decided to accept the exchange tool and update appointments this morning.

What a joke.

It appears the cams have caught the spring flu.:)

I thought that they might be testing using "Down for maintenance" as an alibi at first......but they just cant be testing with those sexy (yes I'm using it again) canyons not finished. They probably ARE just down for maintenance.....though they might not be......but they probably are......though there's a chance they’re lying.....but I doubt it.:)

*** Edited 3/23/2007 2:32:29 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Do they typically kill the cams when they test new rides?

Brandon

They did for the pull through.

What type of web cam needs maintenance? maybe there just moveing them

I would guess it's about time for them to start moving trains back and forth in and out of the station block(s), brake block(s) and lift block(s).

They probably killed the webcams so they can do a nice PointCast showing the first (non hand-pulled) moving trains shuffling around on any LSMs and kickers that need to be tested.

Mark

that could be

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service