2007 Ride Testing

Well people get excited about Ride Testing because they want to make sure everything will be open when they visit opening day. Remember last year? Almost everything last year on opening day was down. Magnum was down several times. I believe Mantis was down. And there were others I cannot think of. I went opening weekend of 05 and was stuck on Millennium Force lift hill for like 45 minutes. It was a cool view, but I would have prefered to the very top. That would have been better. The good thing out of that though was they let our train go a second time because of that. :)

TTD 120mph said:
I feel the same way, I love mechanical things, finding out how they work and how they go together.

Me too, that's why I take things apart. :)

That's also why I helped my friend build a roller coaster, and that's why I've taken part in the design/construction a couple of fighting robots - never got to take them to a fight, though :(

-Josh

Whenever theres a problem with the tools in my construction class, Im the one my teacher turns too.:)
^^So was Wildcat, Iron Dragon (I think), CCMR, Skyhawk, etc. Dragster seemed to run better than everything else.;)

*** Edited 3/28/2007 4:44:36 PM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Didn't see a need to start a new topic for this, so...

Does anybody know if that's a crane by Wicked Twister's front spike? and if so, what it is doing? It doesn't look like a shadow because it's been there for a while, but it's not like I've been wrong before.

http://funcam.funcoast.com:8010/temp/1175288199382.jpg
*** Edited 3/30/2007 8:15:31 PM UTC by IntiMANIAC***

^I think you might be over observing that picture a bit.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

IntiMANIAC said:

Does anybody know if that's a crane by Wicked Twister's front spike?

http://funcam.funcoast.com:8010/temp/1175288199382.jpg
*** Edited 3/30/2007 8:15:31 PM UTC by IntiMANIAC***

Nope, it is not a crane. That would be the antenna structure that is on top of the Disaster Transport lift.

Disaster Transport TL 2010
Blue Streak TL 2009
Wicked Twister ATL 2008
Wicked Twister Crew 2007
Wicked Twister Crew 2006

That's just what has been on top of Dispatch Master Transport since I can remember. I've always wondered what exactly it is, because it looks kind of like an old weather station system, but also kind of makes me think of a communications broadcast point.

Anyway, back to ride testing...I don't necessarily get excited about it, but I do like watching the rides run. I'm not too worried about rides running on opening day (other than maXair and Maverick this year) because I know they are usually pretty good about having everything up, but also because I usually don't do a lot of riding opening weekend; I mainly walk around, take pictures, eat, and just enjoy the park atmosphere.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Watching the cleveland cam TTD maintinence lights are appearing on at the top,so thats a good sign. I also hope they put new covers on the christmas countdown lights, looks like crap without them on.
*** Edited 3/31/2007 2:55:08 AM UTC by brieeee***

They better be testing come April 21st!:)

^there will be :P

Caught some snaps on the funcam:

Skyhawk...

http://funcam.funcoast.com:8010/temp/1175439119266.jpg

Space Spiral:

http://funcam.funcoast.com:8010/temp/1175439216022.jpg

And I think I might have just missed Maverick coming up to the final brake run there before someone moved the camera.

this could possibly be a mean april fools day joke. ;)

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

I can vouch for Skyhawk and Space Spiral but Maverick.....well I need to see it to believe it.:)

Yes. But I would still like to see skyhawk testing, just to pass time.

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

Skyhawk was running the bay-side arm for most of the morning. Space spiral seems to have been stuck in the same position for a while now, and Maverick, well, might have been my imagination. You know how excitement can lead to these things. :)

I havn't seen anything test yet but I was told by my mom at lunch just a while ago that she was watching MSNBC and saw a headline saying that there was an accident at Cedar Point concerning maintenance (or something like that).
Sorry I dont know much about it as she cant remember what the headline said and I was at school. I tried looking on MSNBC's site but cant find anything on it. Anyone else know more?

I think she was a day late on her April Fools joke.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

thats a good way to catch someone off guard. do it a day late.

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

Yeah, something tells me there would have been mention of it here (or anywhere, for that matter) before making national news.

Brandon

Just searched MSNBC, CNN, Cleveland, and Toledo local news... I didn't find anything... Hmmm.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

try www.thefakenews.com

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service