2007 Ride Testing

I already posted this in the other thread, but for those only reading this one, here ya go:

http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/2007-04-10_Maverick/index.htm

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I don't understand why people have to constantly nag on others just because we can get excited on seeing our park come back to life and the rides making some noise once again after these nasty winter months.

If you don't get a kick out of it, like others do, don't ruin it for everyone else. Just shut the hell up, that's all you have to do.

For crying out loud, I would have loved to read posts about what rides were testing, but instead, I read a lot of posts that dropped my intelligence. Thank you.

CP is a "happy place" for many, and this is a great way to kick the offseason out of the door. Don't jump on us.

Get a life.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

Most people get "nagged" on because they post meaningless drivel or are lazy and don't read the threads before they post. Then we end up with 5 threads on the same topic. That's why people get called out.

Everyone gets excited about the park (some more than others), but that's why we're all here. So, its not like people are getting ragged on because they think CP sucks. Its because there are "rules" to posting for a reason.

Whoa, Brandon, what set you off?

No one said anything to anyone on this page. Where'd that come from?

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

And they called me a lier when I said the reason for the web cams being down was because of testing.;)

Back on topic, has anyone noticed that wave swinger is back together now?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Loopy said:
Whoa, Brandon, what set you off?

No one said anything to anyone on this page. Where'd that come from?

Huge accident on my behalf. It was meant go in the webcams topic.

Sorry.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

Where has all the testing been? Do they have to test the rides for 100 hours before opening? I know they will undoubtedly be ready for OD, but it just seems like to me that they would have to start at the beginning of April to get that many hours in. It just sounds like a whole lot!

Only new rides need the 100 hours of testing, I believe.

Ride on, MrScott!

but its still a good idea to test older rides too.

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

What Coasters make the longest in their TESTS each time of the day around this time of year?

^^

Yes, obviously they still test the other rides and inspect them.

Only new rides are required to have 100 hours of testing prior to being certified.

Ride on, MrScott!

Ohh my bad. I misunderstood. I thought that ALL rides had to be tested the 100 hours. I was thinking, they better be hoppin to it!

Well I remember Dragster didnt start testing untill around the last 2 weeks of April last year and it still opened by opening day. There's still ample time to test rides.....lets just hope there's no "speed bumps".

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I actually prefer riding rides that haven't been tested. I like getting on them after they've been sitting still for six months. It's more of a thrill that way, not knowing if all systems will be working properly or not. ;)
*** Edited 4/16/2007 4:37:56 AM UTC by Vince982***

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

But they make their "maiden voyage" way before you even get a chance to sit in them.:)

Sorry Adam I edited my post to get my sarcastic post across more clearly. :)

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

See newcomers, take note: It can be hard to tell if someone's being sarcastic without a smiliey.
You'll all have a test on this by the end of the week!
End of class.......:)

*** Edited 4/16/2007 11:57:10 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Yay Blue Streak!!!!!! :)

Let's Get Weird.

Iron Dragon:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3642/idxd0.png

The train has not moved from the lift.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service