2007 Ride Testing

You know, I also thought about that. I think the next pointcast will be about the full circuit tests.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

We didn't think they could do the pull-through without the canyons done either. But, they did. So, I don't see why they couldn't do circuit testing without them done.

^^ - Unless they are actively working on the canyons right now. Don't want a train moving around the track while there may be machinery in the area.

And DJ - They had the cams up when maXair tested.

And if they are taking the cams down to hide testing, why take down the Main Midway cam? They are probably doing maintenance on the server (not on the cams themselves) and that's why all 3 are down at once. The guys in charge of the cams are probably having a good laugh right now at the "buzz" they've created by doing simple maintenance.

Goodbye MrScott

John

MrInkspot@aol.com said:
They probably killed the webcams so they can do a nice PointCast showing the first (non hand-pulled) moving trains shuffling around on any LSMs and kickers that need to be tested.

Why would they need to turn off the webcams to film another PointCast?

2010: TL Millennium Force
2009: TL Iron Dragon | 2008: ATL maXair
2007: Wicked Twister | 2006: maXair
2002-2005: Ride Photo

JuggaLotus said:
And if they are taking the cams down to hide testing, why take down the Main Midway cam?

They had to turn it off so the "Down for Maintainence" excuse would be plausable. ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

JuggaLotus said:
The guys in charge of the cams are probably having a good laugh right now at the "buzz" they've created by doing simple maintenance.

This happens every time the webcams are down. I will never understand why some think CP is so secretive about everything.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Seems to me, every time the cams are "down for maintenance," something cool is happening. I'm with the conspiracy theorists on this one. CP only lets us see what they want us to see, and only when they are good and ready. Really the way it should be, too.

And Craig, if the cams are really "down for maintenance," I'll buy you a corndog at The Roundup...heck, I'll even do the ordering. :)

They were pretty darn secretive about Maverick!:)

I think that;

1. They're moving the cams

and/or

2. Some kind of testing is going on.

I think T&T knows, that those who watch the podcasts and read the blog often, are the same people who check the webcams, and spend time on forums like this. I think there's a fairly good chance, that they want to present the "goodies" for us themselves. Just as they did with the pullthrough, as mentioned before. What the goodies are this time, I don't know. But if they're ready to begin some sort of testing, I don't think the canyons not being done would be a problem. Looks to me like there's enough clearance, just some plastic covering the track that needs to be removed.

They could also be moving the cams. Remember the blog entry, where you could suggest new cam positions?

But again, no doubt that T&T are following the fan buzz. I remember reading, that they enjoy readnig fan forums often. And it's mainly for the fans, that the podcasts are made, correct? I think they like having a few surprises for us. ;)

That's not a conspiracy theory is it?
*** Edited 3/23/2007 7:53:26 PM UTC by Paradroid[DK]***

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
-Ken :::Denmark's No. 1 Cedar Point Fan:::
R.I.P. MrScott ~~<@

Paradroid[DK] said:[/DK]

...They could also be moving the cams. Remember the blog entry, where you could suggest new cam positions...

I believe that's what's happening, and was going to say the same thing.

RIDE ON, and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON...

Walt said:
At this point, I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a handful still working at 7 p.m. If it's light outside, there's likely some work happening. That becomes more true the closer they get to opening.

For the misinformed, it has nothing to do with unions. They have a project to complete and they're going to work the hours required to get it done. I worked plenty of preseason OT at Cedar Point while a member of the union.

Walt, I was just putting forth a small joke that is often shoved around about unions being lazy. I was not saying that there is no chance there is nobody working after 5 pm. I should have added the winky.

My mother in law is a UAW employee for DCX and she puts in plenty of overtime so I do understand that unions do work overtime when appropriate, or when their buddy on 2nd shift punches them out an hour after they actually leave, which ever comes first.

Tony and Tyler said:
The webcams are down for server maintenance. Please stand by!

And I highly doubt they are lying to us to cover something up.

2010: TL Millennium Force
2009: TL Iron Dragon | 2008: ATL maXair
2007: Wicked Twister | 2006: maXair
2002-2005: Ride Photo

Paradroid[DK] said:[/DK]
Looks to me like there's enough clearance, just some plastic covering the track that needs to be removed.

And it's that plastic (which is on both the track AND supports) that will most likely stay on untill they get the canyons done.
I doubt they'd take the plastic tarps off, with the canyons unfinished, to allow for testing.....only to then put them back on. It makes more sense to finish the canyons and THEN test, that way you're not putting a hault on their construction. Plus when they do start testing, they're going to be testing it ALOT and for long periods of time.

You're probably right, Adam, that makes the most sense.

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
R.I.P. MrScott ~~<@

(sry for double post)

I see Power Tower testing right now on the cleveland cam (you can see it on funcoast cam as well). Just thought I' ld mention it.

R.I.P. MrScott ~~<@

Power Tower always seemed to be one of the first to test.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Mmmmmmmmmm..... Steeeeeaaaaks.......

one down..so many more to go. personally i can't WAIT for FROG HOPPER to test! :-D
*** Edited 3/26/2007 8:08:45 PM UTC by maXaiRaptor***

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

^ Really!?? Me neither, I was just too embarrassed to tell. ;)

*** Edited 3/26/2007 8:16:52 PM UTC by Paradroid[DK]***

R.I.P. MrScott ~~<@

golly gee. at least im not alone..

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service