2007 New Employees

southpuddle said:
Never train at Skyride. Never train at Skyride. NEVER TRAIN AT SKYRIDE!!! It's pretty much the most terrible, labor-intensive ride to work at... and those 2,000-lb cabins come in every 9... yes, 9 seconds.

No, you're just a wuss who can't handle real work. :p

Really though, Sky Ride isn't bad. If anyone here who is applying for 2007 ends up on it, be prepared to do more work than any other crew in the park. But also be aware it is a very tight crew. There are perks to working it. Since there is so much down time due to wind, the crew does a lot together outside of work. I don't know how many times we went to Kalahari or out to eat together this past summer. And another great perk, very very little drama compared to other crews. Even though the crew spends a lot of time together outside of work, drama is still minimal. I think I know why that is, but I won't say here so I don't offend anyone.

So yeah, Sky Ride is actually a great ride to work, it you don't mind putting more effort into work than any other ride, and you appreciate not having drama in the work place... Because call me crazy, but I went back to CP last summer in large part because I wanted to get away from drama. Go figure.

Sky Ride TL '07
Sky Ride ATL '06
Sky Ride '05

While I'm bored and have nothing better to do... Here's a question for some of you...

For those of you who worked at the park the summer you graduated, what did you do about graduation parties? Did you just miss them, or try and make the ones you could, or what? ....Just planning for the future... :)

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I held my graduation at the park on my day off. And to be honest, the job was too much fun, for me to worry about missing parties. Every day at work was a party. (And every night at Louie's was a Banquet).

I'm too sexy for my harness!

If you want to get those days off for Graduation parties, make sure you contract them off with you apply because people get them off fast.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You'll have to to make some sacrifices as a result of working at the Point.

I really recomend making the start date after the parties.

Park Op Jen
2003 Park Op Office
2002 Park Op Office
2001 TL Swings and Swans/Monster Triangle
1999 TL Peanuts Playground / Kiddy Kingdom
1998 Kiddy Kingdom/ Bear Country/ Iron Dragon/ Disaster Transport

t_biggs said:
No, you're just a wuss who can't handle real work. :p

Shut your face!
Hi Travis it's Brian ;) Of course the crew was awesome. I loved you guys... but in my opinion, the ride sucks to work at. People pissed me off more frequently at Skyride than anywhere else I was at in '06. People don't understand the phrase "Please step in QUICKLY and carefully". I was always sore - always in pain. I may be a wuss but I never complained while on the job and I always gave my all... and I was there a lot - probably a month all together. But yes, there is little drama at Skyride for... reasons ;)

Skyride is seriously one of the best rides in the park to work on.

campfreak06 said:
I held my graduation at the park on my day off.

bholcomb said:
If you want to get those days off for Graduation parties...

Raptor Man said:
You'll have to to make some sacrifices as a result of working at the Point.

parkopjen said:
I really recomend making the start date after the parties.

It's pretty much what I figured it would be. Thanks for the input.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Well technically nothing can be worse than working Kiddy Kingdom for 15 hours.

2008 ATL Blue Streak
2007 Every Ride in the Park
2006 Cedar Point Ride Whore

How about working GCA for 15? That sounds worse to me. But at least you get a coaster then... But does that make up for having to wade in the bumper boat pool?

Sky Ride TL '07
Sky Ride ATL '06
Sky Ride '05

Well given the fact that your in 110 degree weather for most of the day, wading in the bumper boat pool would be a relief lol. Other than that, it still ranks as one of the worst locations to work.

2008 ATL Blue Streak
2007 Every Ride in the Park
2006 Cedar Point Ride Whore

There's nothing wrong with working at GCA or Kiddy Kingdom. Every ride in the park is equally important and there are different people who like working at different locations. I know people who loved working circulars and kiddy rides, even after having the chance to work on one of the coasters, because they were able to interact with the guests more. It's all what you make of it. I spent the past two years working on Dragster.. But I'm not gonna lie, I would have loved to have a chance to work in GCA or Camp Snoopy for a day :)

Oh Andrea, you always look on the bright side.

maXine
2005- Corkscrew
2006- ATL Corkscrew/Top Thrill Dragster

Haha! I do have a strange talent for that

the only bad thing about working at the kiddie rides are the seat belts...they are like regular seatbelt, but they have a piece of hard plastic covering the release button. there is a hole drilled into the plastic so that you can stick a key in the hole to open the belts...therefore, if you are working at woodstock express, every 1 minute 20 secs. you have to unload every little kid which means finding the seat belt, and then reaching over them to unlock the belt, then loading everyone into the ride and then rechecking all the belts and making sure they are tight because the lap bars aren't holding the kids in if the parents are riding with them because the parents are so much taller...then checking all lap bars, spieling, and then relaxing for a minute before you get to do it all over again!

i worked at almost every ride in zone one this summer and i think, the one day i had to go to camp snoopy because raptor didn't want to open on the last day of the season, it was the most annoying place to work just because of those seatbelts!!!!

Acting ATL Raptor 06
Gemini/Skyhawk/Maverick 07

...I wonder why Raptor didnt want to open the last day of the season...

'08 Planet Snoopy ATL
'07 Raptor ATL
'06 Wicked Twister/SkyRide

'04 Six Flags Over Texas - Rides Lead

Andrea....You wanna work GCA...how come you never volunteered when we got one of those phone calls from our fantastic sups? haha

Rated the most attractive male crew member of TTD 2006...my life is complete

Cause I wasn't allowed to! I did ask once if I could be the one to go and they said no :(

May I ask what is GCA is?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service