The Boardwalk - New for 2023

The sign for the new Boardwalk area is cool, nice throwback.

Hudson:

Is a Bratwurst burger: sausages in a bun, or a ground sausage patty?

At Progressive Field it's a ground sausage patty on a pretzel roll. And it's delicious.

kylepark:

The sign for the new Boardwalk area is cool, nice throwback.

So good to see this area of the park have character and charm.

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

All the rides are running and all the midway lights are on right now. It looks really pretty.

So, Media preview on Thursday, Ohio State on Friday, Opening day on Sat. Anyone see any earlier invitation events? Anyone attending before Sat?

Forecast has a nice break in the rain with temps up to 70 on Mon. Can't wait to get back.

edit: Didn't notice the Pavilion had those roof lights till just now.

Last edited by Hudson,

5:50pm it looks fairly steady rain on the webcam. I saw Matterhorn, Scrambler, & Wild Mouse all cycling at the same time. Hopefully a sign of future rainy day OPS.

Cycling rides in the rain for testing is different than cycling in the rain with passengers. Flats have a greater chance of running in the rain than coasters, though, right? And never when there’s lightning present.
Anyway, and it’s probably my age talking, but whipping around on a Scrambler in any kind of rain is pretty much one of the last things I’d rather do.

Well this looks fun! Tony's on ride video of Wild Mouse!

https://twitter.com/TonyCla...75201?s=20

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Rides that induce nonstop giggling are fun to ride. Looks great!

Promoter of fog.

I was so bummed when they ripped the Reverchons out of Animal Kingdom. Yeah, they were out of place stock rides, but my kid loved them. Every park should have a spinning mouse.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

We liked that ride, and now I'm having a reminder of how fast time flies since our now 11 and 15 year old girls were 5 and 9. I can see how Disney fanatics would dislike it as it certainly did not fit the mold of a typical Disney coaster. Back then it seemed like the park just needed things to add to the space (Avatar Land was well into its construction).

Promoter of fog.

The long-view webcam shows a beehive of activity lately, especially today. Matterhorn has been spinning pretty much continuously. I also noticed with relief that the crown lights have been installed atop Atomic Scrambler and I was nervous for a second that they wouldn’t return. They’re the best decorative look Eli ever developed for that ride.
Friday is literally around the corner. It may be a small miracle but I think Cedar Point has done an outstanding job lately of making new additions look like they’ve been there all along- there was a time when new rides had to operate over mud pits at first. You can look all the way back to Maverick and Gatekeeper to see environments that were attractive and ready to go when the attraction opened. Even Farmhouse and the latest restaurants looked complete and ready to go right away. I have every confidence The Boardwalk will be clean and sparkling this weekend and I’m getting excited about returning to the park for a look-see and a new credit.

The park has truly done a complete 180 on stuff like this.

In the 90s and early 2000s the new ride would be open, but you'd be riding over a mudpit and potentially stepping through one as well in the unfinished queue. But you'd generally have 90-95% of the rides in the park operating at 10am on Opening Day (weather downtimes excluded)

Nowadays you walk into a picture perfect beautifully manicured and taken care of park on the morning of Opening Day. But if the park opens at 10, you'll be lucky to find more than two major rides operating and you will likely have anywhere between 4-7 coasters not even power up for the day.

I assume the Boardwalk preview for "content creators" is Friday?

Brandon

I’m sure some of it is probably based on staffing, but why does the park keep cutting back on the walk-up quick service food stands & the live entertainment?

When can they operate the park as they SHOULD & get rid of the terrible rain policy?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

The move away from "quick" serve toward larger venues is to improve efficiency and quality. It's much more efficient to staff a few large venues and oversee their quality as opposed to dozens of tiny joints.

Brandon

I know some have moved past this, but I watched Tony's ride through again. For a ride that spins, I feel like Wild Mouse is the right length. Not too long. I think this little attraction is a perfect addition to the park, I am really excited to ride and see the new section of the park.

I would love to see some of the other areas of the park receive a "Similar" attention to detail and redo.

argues just for clicks

Jeff:

I was so bummed when they ripped the Reverchons out of Animal Kingdom. Yeah, they were out of place stock rides, but my kid loved them. Every park should have a spinning mouse.

Wow, I really haven't been paying attention for the last few years. I had no idea those were removed. They always seems a bit out of place, but they were fun.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

djDaemon:

I assume the Boardwalk preview for "content creators" is Friday?

From what I know, and who I know was invited, I'm assuming it's Thursday with the Media.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

And isn’t Friday The Ohio State day?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service