Wicked Twister Deconstruction

You can zoom in with your phone with this link....

https://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/https/cam1.html

Obviously not taking control of the camera.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I like the new look for now. Excited to see what’s next

First ride; Magnum 1994

I meant take a snapshot and zoom.. you cant control the cams.

^Yeah...I showed you how a couple of posts back.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Limited Edition collectible slices of Wicked Twister's track are now available.

https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/products/limited-edition-wicked-tw...rack-slice

I just saw this on Twitter and was still able to buy one. So either supply is large, awareness is low, or both.

I would not have guessed they would last almost 4 hours at this point.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

There are 1000 track souvenir pieces available.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I got one, yay! I was hoping to have more advance notice for when, specifically, these were going to go on sale, but I was able to buy one at 1pm without issue. It'll be interesting to see how long supplies last.

I'm also glad to see more WT buttons and t-shirts available for purchase. Good for CP for addressing the fiasco that was the distribution of "last launch" merch over Labor Day weekend...

Thrills Around the Corner!

scott sarah said:

I meant take a snapshot and zoom.. you cant control the cams.

It's interesting... There actually used to be a website called FunCoast(dot)com that had a "fun cam" which allowed you to control live cameras of CP through your computer.

I ordered one! I guess you could say it was an "implusive" purchase

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Jordan_Vanichek said:

I ordered one! I guess you could say it was an "implusive" purchase

Impulse buy.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand they’re gone. All sold out.

ROUNDABOUND.

Well that was a quick $200,000 for them.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

A thousand units at $215.00 a piece, that's a quick $215,000, probably more than the scrap value

While I'm sure the rest of WT is on the way to the scrappers or smelters or wherever it is that the steel goes from here, it does make you wonder if they've got another section of track or two sitting around *just in case* this sold as well as it did.

I had the exact same thought last night: that was a quick $215,000. I wonder how much of that is profit.

I'm almost surprised that the park didn't sell more of the ride to enthusiasts. I could've totally seen people buying everything from control buttons to train seats. (I myself did have a desire to put a seat from row 18 in my office... Lol) Maybe the park could've recouped its initial investment in the ride!

Thrills Around the Corner!

That Crazy Dan said:

While I'm sure the rest of WT is on the way to the scrappers or smelters or wherever it is that the steel goes from here, it does make you wonder if they've got another section of track or two sitting around *just in case* this sold as well as it did.

Perhaps one of the math wiz's on here can calculate how much of the track has been known to be sold as of this time. The 1000 pieces were 1.5" long, I believe there was some other previous sections sold such as at WCO, and prior to disassembly there was that few feet section removed near launch zone. Someone likely knows how much track in total was on this ride.

I had a similar thought to this. I was wondering how much of the removal/replacement costs they could recoup by selling parts. Not only track sections to enthusiasts but to other parks as well. It may not be cold hard currency but I'm sure they have some sort of larger budget allotments that they could move around within Cedar Fair, I don't know if they need to but it was a thought that crossed my mind.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

In the words of the late great Glenn Frey, I've Got Mine.

Who knows, maybe the cost for removal was 215,000 so that’s what they planned to sell.

First ride; Magnum 1994

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service