Wicked Twister Deconstruction

I guess haven't seen this evidence then. Has there actually been some demolition already? If you could share the evidence, I will rethink my position. Apparently I'm just hopeful it finds new life somewhere else.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I don't mean evidence of destruction. I'm referring to evidence, or perhaps a better word would be reasoning or logic, of the ride being worth the cost of installation and operation elsewhere. After all, they could have relocated Volcano and chose not to.

Brandon

Fair enough. It's just a waiting game now.

Joe

I know of the structural issues year 1, where they had to frequently weld track on the spires and modify the ride profile (less trips to the top of spire etc.), and the subsequent addition of the yellow supports the following year

But did structural issues persist after this? Have they still had to re-weld track and such?

IF it gets moved, perhaps modificafions could be made while on the ground to address some of the structural issues. For what its worth I dont think it has required near as much welding in the past compared to earlier in its life. Could be wrong though

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

The standard height Impulse coasters all got extra supports many years after they opened. No reason Wicked Twister couldn’t have additional supports added if needed.

ROUNDABOUND.

Sure, but if the company can't justify the operating cost at Cedar Point as-is, can they justify investing additional money not only into the careful disassembly, relocation, and installation, but also the nontrivial cost of retrofitting additional supports, it at another park?

Brandon

Perhaps the equation isn't just the operating costs. It could be operating costs as a function of popularity and ridership numbers. At a smaller park where WT could be a marquee attraction , maybe the draw could justify the cost.

Yesterday, it was reported that the Wicked Twister sign was removed. I forget where I saw it, but there you go. The first part of Wicked Twister was carefully removed.

Photo was posted on Facebook of a crane lifting the sign. The first things removed: the entrance sign and test seat were removed in September.

For those still holding onto the false hope that Wicked Twister is being relocated, CP Food Blog posted today that different sections of the ride are being labeled to go to different parks. So, I think that solves that mystery.

Bummer

Joe

Bummer, yes. But hopefully that means Possessed and Steel Venom have a new lease on life.

ROUNDABOUND.

Longshot...but MAYBE one of the twisted spikes is going to possesed, and one to steel venom. Bam. 2 "new" double twisting impulse coasters...2 parks get "new" rides (perhaps given the careful removal of the wicked twister sign even one would get renamed?). Just a thought, with no clue about the feasability of course

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

Obviously this is nothing more than a clever ruse to hide the true plans for WT. ;-)

Brandon

^True plans being that they are leveraging one of the twisted spikes to replace the damaged track on TTD. Fresh coat of red & white paint, and we're getting a new heartline roll at the end of TTD. ;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^ That's funny!

I saw the pictures that CP Food blog posted, and I'm not ready to conclusively say that Twister is going to be scrapped. The pictures that I saw of parts to be re-located looked to be: 1) The propulsion / braking system. 2) The restraint release system. It is still conceivable to me that they are going to put new trains on and replace the induction motors with synchronous motors.

Last edited by 0g,

Now I thought I held out hope for too long! You have eclipsed me!

Joe

0g said:

...I'm not ready to conclusively say that Twister is going to be scrapped.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service