News: Cedar Fair plans for 2022 include return of Cedar Point events, Frontier Town restaurant

Yeah I've personally never been to a Raising Cane's but saw the Peanuts all over the site when I clicked Brandon's link.

I like canes ok, it would work well there with its pre-set meal style.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Updating this thread; because I’ve heard from several individuals this week that apparently the antique cars in Frontiertown are done after this season, as that is the location of the new chef restaurant announced earlier. I’m taking it with a grain of salt but because it’s coming from multiple different sources it may hold some truth. I guess we will see.

Oh how I HATE it if that is true. That part of the park is so damn beautiful with the old trees, street lights and overall charm. Huge restaurant, not even lost for a new ride. I had thought they'd use the Miss Keats to Lusty Lills buildings. Awful.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Still betting on revamp/redesign of existing place. Frontier Town already has 6 dining locations, don't see them adding a 7th structure & taking out the better iteration of antique cars.

I hope this is a lemon chill guy level rumor as well... the trees, shade, an old-time family ride... it's a big part of the overall area. It can't be a "vote with your feet" justified removal as well... I see a steady line for that ride most days of at least 15 minutes past noon or so for most of the day.

In the meantime, Antique Cars is surrounded by an empty former Jitney Arcade, a closed and empty (or half-renovated) Town Hall building, and the entire area from Miss Keats to Lusty Lil's is a potential spot to renovate for a foods location. Why do something like this?

Last edited by Top_Thrill_Tyler,

-Tyler A-

Essentially the entire "town" part of Frontier Town is either closed or underutilized. From the general store all the way to Lusty Lills and, as mentioned, the now closed Town Hall Museum, whose renovation was postponed "indefinitely" per information given at this year's chill out. Just hate this rumor.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

If the park was going to remove one of their two antique car rides (which makes sense), it makes little sense to remove the one that actually fits into the theme of an area and keep the one that feels out of place in the front of the park.

But what do I know?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I saw that rumor today as well and hope it's not true. Miss Keats, Jitney Arcade, Lusty Lil's/Saloon, the general store area, the goofy place back by the train (Sagebrush Sue's or something I think), even the Stockade would all be viable areas for a new restaurant and as others have said, they all seem kind of underutilized. I'd be disappointed to see the new restaurant take the spot of the cars, especially with Wicked Twister leaving and the future of both MaxAir and Dragster also in question.

I still say the park needs a better food offering by Iron Dragon/Millennium Force and they even have that area that seems to get filled with temp bleachers each year, but in general looks like trash. Why not make that your restaurant spot and you could probably even allow people from town or the resorts/marina to enter from the other side and not even need to be in the park. Heck - have a fancy upstairs VIP seating area for the nighttime show even or something like that. Or build something permanent where the Millennium VIP area is right now. Or ditch Coasters and put something better there.

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

With how successful BackBeatQ had been, I'm sure they want a structure similar to that but frontier themed. But I do agree with others; didn't need to remove the antique cars to do so. There's plenty of other underutilized buildings in the area that could use some love

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Personally, I would take these rumors with a huge grain of salt. It hasn't been uncommon for Antique Cars to close for the year around this time for the past several seasons.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Interesting about the closing of the Antique Cars.

Wondering if Tony Clark’s 4/16 tweet “scouting for new webcam locations “ is related?

samosuband said:

Personally, I would take these rumors with a huge grain of salt. It hasn't been uncommon for Antique Cars to close for the year around this time for the past several seasons.

I recall it being closed during Halloweekends as long as I can remember. Good thing too, does anyone recall about 3 years ago there was a heavy storm one Halloweekends evening and a large tree came down in the area of the Antique Cars footprint. Good thing it was wasn't operating at the time.

Plot twist: Wicked Twister to be relocated to Antique Cars area, and renamed "Western Cyclone."

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned one of Tony's latest tweets here.

Promoter of fog.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but it was posted on Twitter that the magnetic gates have been removed from the Antique Cars as well. Via the Theme Park Archive account. Maybe they were removed for use somewhere else but that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Unless they are replacing them.

Ugh. I so don't want this to be true. Damn.

BLACK SHIRT HIGHER UP: "It's time to start removing the antique car ride to make way for my new restaurant."

BLUE SHIRT LOWER TYPE: "But ma'am, wouldn't it have been polite to let everyone know it was going away?

BLACK SHIRT HIGHER UP: "They'll never know. The same ride is at the front of the park.

BLUE SHIRT LOWER TYPE: "But ma'am, everyone on Facebook is already claiming to know this is happening".

BLACK SHIRT HIGHER UP: "The removal process must begin as scheduled. Remember where we start with all ride removals?"

BLUE SHIRT LOWER TYPE: "But ma'am, won't that be too obvious?"

BLACK SHIRT HIGHER UP: "NEVER QUESTION ME!"

BLUE SHIRT LOWER TYPE: "Yes ma'am. Sorry ma'am. I'll....get rid of that magnetic plate asap."

BLACK SHIRT HIGHER UP: "It has begun"

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I appreciate the attempt at humor, but as I said it could very well mean that part was being replaced or used somewhere else. No one actually knows what’s happening which, as a concept I think we’ve all beaten to death around here.

Bingo.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service