News: Cedar Fair plans for 2022 include return of Cedar Point events, Frontier Town restaurant

I really think it would be nice to see a place like Miami River Brewhouse at Kings Island! You order, sit, and it brought to you - made fresh! not cafeteria style. There is a bar with bar seating and tall tables - booths and short tables are also available. The food menu is great - not like the normal fries and burgers. they have items like tots, roasted veggies, burgers with flair, hard to describe. just not the normal CP burger. Heck I even like the Hanks Mexican Grille. Another nice option would be a restaurant like Canada's Wonderland Backlot Café - it has multi national food fare. All mentioned include meal plan options.

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

We have only eaten there once in it’s current incarnation and it was awful. The “barrel” tots were unappetizing and I still can’t figure out how you screw up tots. The ranch dressing was unlike any ranch I have ever had and not in a good way. The burger was a hockey puck, worse than Coaster’s.

Other than that the atmosphere was nice and the menu items looked great, execution lacking.

^

Bummer to hear that. The 5 times we have really enjoyed our food. It must have been a real bad day.

The great thing about politics coming out on sites like this and other social platforms is seeing people expose themselves for who they REALLY are. I hate finding out, later, that someone who was nice to my face, actually supports things that harm me. Just because you love amusement parks doesn't mean I have to like you and now I can avoid you. Or, on the positive side, even though we may not agree on certain, minor things, we agree on important issues.

Zoug68?? What is this in reference too? I am confused -

I’m going with the discussion around Chick fil A and whether they deserve to be banned from the planet or not.

Yes, the main factor I use in determining whether I can like someone or not is where they eat lunch.

Not whether you can, but whether you should.
But we’ve been over that already.

So Chick-fil-A triggering aside, has there been any more news/rumors about what new dining options might be coming back there? You know - the actual point of this thread in the first place?

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

lol.
No.

PointMan said:

Yes, the main factor I use in determining whether I can like someone or not is where they eat lunch.

Ah, cool, thanks for the straw man. Really adds to the atmosphere this time of year.

Brandon

I really hope Chick-fil-A stays at the park. In my opinion, they have the best chicken sandwiches. I think people are just mad they're closed on Sundays.

Shawn- That’s not why they are mad.

ROUNDABOUND.

If they take out Pappy I will be upset. I need Pappy's advise on life. I see him every time I'm there. His advise is well worth the dollar I pay. But with them going cashless I would imagine the anamatronic fortune tellers will be gone. Didn't make it to CP, but made it to KI twice this year. My grandson has to ride the water rides every time we go. They have the pay to shoot cannons on the river rapids ride. Minimum $5 purchase. Nobody is gonna pay $5 to shoot the cannons at strangers. So they go unused, as opposed to dumping a dollar worth of quarters into the cannons. Ruins the experience of the ride. There are some drawbacks to the cashless system I am not looking forward to. I wander what Pappy thinks about it.

If I could confirm they were Gold Passholders, I would pay $10 minimum to shoot water cannons at them! Bwahahahahah!

if only there were some kind of mandate to make them show their gold pass cards...

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

redsfan said:

But with them going cashless I would imagine the anamatronic fortune tellers will be gone.

It's pretty rare these days to see a vending machine that doesn't have a card reader, with many having NFC capability.

So while those animatronic fortune tellers may go away, it won't be because the park is going cashless. It will be because they don't generate enough revenue to justify their ongoing existence, in which case they weren't long for this world to begin with.

Brandon

"Big Surprise" (tied to some kind of contest) being revealed tomorrow...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVLe1cYLRUH/

Name the new log flume?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:

"Big Surprise" (tied to some kind of contest) being revealed tomorrow...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVLe1cYLRUH/

Name the new log flume?

Name the new log flume? That’s an easy one. Lake Erie River Rapids

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

^^Why aren't more people talking about this?This could be a new ride coming to the park.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service