The Rumors

We need a professional ruling on this one.

@Kevinj 🤓

Some people are so dramatic!

Cargo Shorts said:

We need a professional ruling on this one.

@Kevinj 🤓

Promoter of fog.

I was at the park yesterday (Saturday). Other than being too crowded to get more than a couple of rides on the "big four", I had a good day. It was a "busy day at Cedar Point beats a slow day at home" kind of day.

Last edited by 0g,

What about if they put in the flume similar to race for your life Charlie brown? They already have the plot of land, and they can pump and water from Lake Erie like they do on the other two water rides. Problem solved

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

They do not "pump water from Lake Erie like they do on the other two water rides".

Thunder Canyon is the only "water ride" that uses lake water.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Hopefully a Log Flume is next. They sure did mention it quite a bit during the CoasterMania Q&A. They fulfilled the return of a boat ride, and I'm hoping they bring in a good log flume to fill that void. Shoot the Rapids just didn't fill the shoes that WWL did.

As long as we're wishing for a log flume similar to that of another Cedar Fair park, I'll throw Timber Mountain Log Ride out for discussion.

Red Garter Rob said:

They do not "pump water from Lake Erie like they do on the other two water rides".

Thunder Canyon is the only "water ride" that uses lake water.

I hate to sound rude, but you’re actually wrong. They actually do use lake water at the “top” part of snake when you’re going around the bend before the drop. A few years ago, I was in line for Skyhawks, and they had to drain the flume part for some reason or another.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

*deep breath*

There is a pump just for moving water from the lower pool to the upper flume.

Trust me, I'm right.

Would you like a shovel?

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I'm pretty sure you're (Jake10) mistaken about that.

Most of the water in that upper flume is recirculated, and my guess is that the pipe is big enough to hold almost all of it when the pumps are off. Some of the spills over to supply show water for the drop; that's replenished from the pond below...which is isolated from the lagoons and is treated water and serves as the reservoir for the entire ride. I'm pretty sure about that; there's someone else participating in this thread who knows better than I do. I'll let you guess who that is.

If I ever ride Thunder Canyon again I'll be wearing goggles. I have no such restriction for Snake River Falls.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Since we're on the subject of pumps and water. What kind of make up water system is equipped with SRF? Just curious, I work with automated controls myself.

Not ready for a career change at this time, but thank you for the heads up.

0g said:

As long as we're wishing for a log flume similar to that of another Cedar Fair park, I'll throw Timber Mountain Log Ride out for discussion.

A flume ride similar to Timber Mountain would be cool, maybe occupying the Antique Cars area. I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to build something like that.

Not much more than any of the coasters they have installed the last decade.....

Shawn Meyer said:

During coaster mania yesterday, somebody texted Tony about What park Wicked Twister would be headed to. He didn't answer it, but later in the day I heard someone say that Wicked Twister was going to Michigan's Adventure next season. I'm just taking that rumor with a grain of salt there.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! The constant rumors of Wicked Twister leaving CP (how long ago was it supposed to go to CGA?) and the more recent rumors of the demise of Possessed at Dorney Park (they have room for a GG shuttle AND Possessed) make me sad. I’m a sucker for an Intamin Impulse and if they both go bye-bye the closest one will be V2 at SFGrAm, a solid 10-12 hours away.

ROUNDABOUND.

Ah, the Lemon Chill Guy. Does anyone remember Adam’s great LCG video at CoasterMania a few years back? Good stuff.

ROUNDABOUND.

^ I don't remember that one.

I do have a question. With it being August, has anyone heard any rumors for next year? I know on the coaster pages on facebook, everyone is speculating all kinds of roller coaster rumors. Some people speculate certain roller coasters might be removed.

I guess its possible for a ride removal but I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) if some major like a coaster was coming for next year we would have seen markings or some kind of construction by now

The FB pages are full of it, just to get likes I would imagine.

While I would never pretend to have an actual clue, I would offer two bits of "evidence";

1) As mentioned above, there has been no signs of anything all season in the park. I don't actively look for this type of thing, but they do tend to stick out.

2) I think the park went above and beyond in pulling out all the stops for the 150th celebration this year. Snake River Expeditions is not a small investment, and they continued with the parade, etc., despite the financial nightmare of 2020 (one that is not over yet, either).

Next year we'll have the Town Hall refurb (hopefully). I just don't see how something "big" is fiscally possible.

I'm happy to crowd-fund for a logflume, though.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service