Virus Impact on CP

What exactly are they hunting with those hunting rifles?

Count me as intimidated by anyone holding a gun in a crowded public space.

Again, constitutionally protected right to bear arms. That supersedes your feelings. Let law enforcement do their jobs.

That was a pretty neat trick you did there where you tried to debate linguistics and I engaged and now you are debating legality, which I never argued in the first place. I don't have a horse in this race, have an upvote.

Man, the internet sucks.

Jeff said:

MaverickLaunch said:

It’s a lean left paper.

You didn't read it during the Obama administration either, obviously, but it wasn't afraid to report what actually happened. That's what the press actually does. The weird thing is that when the president is a narcissist and autocrat, there's more to report.

The MSM is the MSM for a reason, they usually get it right. Journalists are usually liberal, that does not mean that they lie. Liars are delt with harshly. Remember Dan Rather?

Sometimes they do stretch the truth..

No, the linguistics issue is one you are still incorrect on.

There is a difference between the act of threatening, and feeling threatened.

How you feel does not matter, so long as no illegal act of threatening occurs. I don't mean that to be rude, but if making someone feel a certain way was illegal, nothing would be legal. I could say seeing people walk the sidewalks makes me feel intimidated, and nobody could argue it. Doesn't change their right to do that, though.

I'm just glad the guys with the guns were wearing masks to help keep them safe from the virus.

At least I am pretty sure that is why they were wearing them. They have the right to walk around in public with those guns so why else would they want to hide their faces?

I can't wait for things to get back to normal and Just Coasting will be complaining about the wheel installment on Steel Vengeance

692 new cases in Ohio in the last 24 hours alone. Tell me again why we're rushing to re-open everything in the state so quickly in 2 weeks? Oh yeah, cash registers > public safety. Got it.

19APR was, at last I heard the current predicted peak in Ohio.. That could be what we are seeing. If predicted peak has changed please correct me.

While I agree 01MAY is too early to begin re-opening seeing these numbers rise should be expected. I am curious to see cases 7-9 days from now and see if our peak prediction was accurate.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Michigan has its best day today in a while (new cases not deaths), I do believe we are past our peak.

Yeah, things are really turning around!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The problem is, we don't know what the peak is anywhere, simply because no city, state, or country, outside of possibly South Korea, are doing the required amount of tests.

MaverickLaunch said:

Protesting is a constitutionally protected right. Now I know that liberals like yourself don't care about the constitution, but some of us do.

Right, you care so much about the Constitution that you've been constantly and baselessly attacking the free press throughout this thread, making repeated false claims that you refuse to (read: cannot) substantiate.

You claimed that Whitmer was lying about the presence of guns and politics at the rally. I posted pictures showing that her claims were accurate.

As others pointed out, the mere act of standing in a group with semiautomatic rifles is threatening. I mean, it was their goal to threaten. Why else open carry in that situation?

I'm a big supporter of gun rights, and have a cabinet full of them. Been around them long enough to know that there's a time and place to bear arms. A rally about COVID restrictions is not the place for that, unless you're trying to send a message. In other words, to intimidate.

And people were flying flags with a President's name and campaign slogan on them.W

Whitmer wasn't lying, as you claimed.

Brandon

In Illinois, they are testing roughly 5,000 to 7,000 people per day, resulting in 130,000 total tests so far. That's about 1% of the state population. How could we possibly have any idea about the peak when 99% of the population is untested?

Also, here's a crazy thought: If they were to continue testing at this rate, it would take roughly seven years to test 100% of the state's population. Presumably they will find ways to isolate and treat the virus well before then. But that just puts into perspective how slow the testing is going.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Right , I don’t see how we can make any assumptions about peaks or projections when testing levels has essentially been stagnant for almost 2 weeks.

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Either testing and thus confirmed cases has leveled off because less people are needing them, or we have reached our testing capacity and really flying blind to what’s going on. I tend to think it’s the latter.

Last edited by Joe E,

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

djDaemon said:

You claimed that Whitmer was lying about the presence of guns and politics at the rally. I posted pictures showing that her claims were accurate.

INCORRECT! What I said is that she lied about people brandishing assault weapons. There were no assault weapons, and there were no reports of brandishing.

Words matter. You completely distorted what I said, and what the governor said.

As others pointed out, the mere act of standing in a group with semiautomatic rifles is threatening. I mean, it was their goal to threaten. Why else open carry in that situation?

Once again, whatever their reasons, they have a legal right to open carry those weapons. If people feel threatened, that's on them. And it's certainly not for you to determine what their goals are.

And people were flying flags with a President's name and campaign slogan on them.W

Whitmer wasn't lying, as you claimed.

Who cares that people were flying flags (there were a lot of American flags too, BTW. Whitmer lied. She lied about the ambulance (as I have already established, the hospital disputed that claim as erroneous. And she lied about brandishing of assault weapons. And perhaps most importantly, she lied when she said the protest "was not about the stay home stay safe order". That's an absurd position to take simply because SOME folks choose to display their support for our country and the president.

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

Jeff said:

Yeah, things are really turning around!

Daily new cases are on the decline. Of course deaths, which lag, will continue to increase but it does seem even looking at the chart you posted that we are past the peak of new infections.

I was not claiming that we are out of the woods. Just improving.

Sunlight destroys coronavirus

Some decent news about summer months based on scientific experiment that could help support the optimists for CP opening this summer.

Essentially what people were thinking and hoping about the effects of heat and humidity on the virus. But doesn’t apply to indoor or enclosed places of course.

No problem. Just rip off all the queque sail shades and station roofs. Oh, and all the tunnels have to go. And shut down the park by 6PM or thereabouts. Maybe the dorm kids could start early entry at 6AM.

Desperate times desperate measures and all that. 🤣

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Mav if anything that shows the measures/guidelines are working.

Why people feel the need to bring a "Hunting" rifle to the capitol, beep horns and fly Trump flags just puzzles me. It sucks for everyone, it inconveniences everyone. The leader of this country is Trump, his administration has laid out the guidelines. He tweeted today that he stands with these states protesting and they should be liberated? I don't understand.

How different are the policy's in Michigan than in NY? I know NY's are tighter than the Fed's recommendations in certain areas.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service