Goodyear Blimp?

The blimp was in Ann Arbor for the Michigan\Wisconsin game Saturday night.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Maybe going to Cleveland for the Browns game?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Yup, as I am now sitting at my desk, it is hovering over my place of employment, right near the factory of sadness.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

And they should be back at the Wingfoot Lake base near Akron now.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Blimp sighting near the park today, heading SW by the looks of it. I thought Thabto would like to know

-Craig

Ugh. They couldn't have waited until Friday to fly over the park when I would be there. Don't know why they were out that way. They went out there and all the way back to base in just a matter of a few hours. Maybe they were testing to see if the propellers were put on right.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

My guess would be coming back from the Detroit Grand Prix on Belle Isle. As far as I know, they moor at the Grosse Isle airport (located in the Detroit River). We live near Fermi II and it's not uncommon to see it going there and also to the Ann Arbor airport for Michigan games.

They were at the Akron base this morning, so basically they just flew out that direction, then came right back. Probably some kind of flight training.

Brian

Thabto said:
Maybe they were testing to see if the propellers were put on right.

Maybe that's why the capacity per hour is so bad.

-Craig

The capacity is so bad, that if you are lucky enough to win a ride, you may be waiting several years to actually take your flight. True story, I know a few who are still waiting to take their flight.

Brian

They must have asked the ride host from SV for a front row blimp seat...

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Thabto said:
Ugh. They couldn't have waited until Friday to fly over the park when I would be there. Don't know why they were out that way. They went out there and all the way back to base in just a matter of a few hours. Maybe they were testing to see if the propellers were put on right.

I know it’s just a joke, but why do you keep bringing up about the wheels on Steel Vengeance? Yes it’s a year old, and yes it’s going to occasionally break down. Anyways when it’s really cold like it was opening day, it has nothing to do with the wheels. When I was working opening day in 2013, not only did Mine Ride valley during the final helix, millennium and iron dragon both valleyd too. So that just depends on temperature.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

The wait is so bad because they filled the whole cabin with FL+ people!

-Craig

Jake10 said:

Thabto said:

I know it’s just a joke, but why do you keep bringing up about the wheels on Steel Vengeance? Yes it’s a year old, and yes it’s going to occasionally break down. Anyways when it’s really cold like it was opening day, it has nothing to do with the wheels. When I was working opening day in 2013, not only did Mine Ride valley during the final helix, millennium and iron dragon both valleyd too. So that just depends on temperature.

Because someone in all seriousness suggested that Steel Vengeance valleyed because the wheels were put on wrong, when the truth is... well, more like what you just said. It was so ridiculous that it kind of stuck as a joke.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

The blimp flew over the park today according to FlightAware.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N3A/history/20210910/1434Z/4OH6/4OH6

They are supposed to go to Ann Arbor for the Michigan game this weekend so they may fly over again this weekend.

Brian

I did see it yesterday in the marina. My supervisor thought it had to do with college football. My question is, how often do they fly over the park.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Can confirm Goodyear blimp is in the air over CP right now.

Skyhawk06 said:

My question is, how often do they fly over the park.

Usually once or twice a summer we would see it fly over. I always enjoy seeing the blimp when it passes by. Last year, late at night, I was leaving one of the arenas at ESPN at Disney during the NBA finals and the Goodyear Blimp was really low overhead. It almost startled me when it caught my eye since it was so low and super quiet just sitting there in the air. Very cool to see.

Last edited by 99er,

The Blimp was positioned over Michigan Stadium for all of last night's game, beautifully showcasing the American Flag on its screen.

Look to the skies soon. It's heading back to Ohio. Watch its position on radar here.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N3A/history/20210912/1614Z/KYIP

Brian

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service