Passholder Preview Night

So im currently sitting at the Thirsty Pony grabbing a pint before heading back to Pittsburgh...figured id give my thoughts. I was actually on the last train before the breakdown. We had to wait about 10 minutes before the train moved back into the station and we could unload. So...we got super lucky. The ride is insane. My first RMC...and I totally get the love. I cant say its my number 1 yet based on 1 ride in the middle...but if its not, its no worse than 2nd. Seriously was concerned for my arms during the manuevers in the structure. CP did a fantastic job with the event. Well worth the drive from the Burgh.

I need to ride SV more times to really get a gauge on it myself. I could see me going as high as 2nd in CP, right now I still leans towards MF as my favorite.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Now in line 1 hour 20 minutes. Been broken down again for last 15-20 minutes

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Thanks for the update. I knew this event would be worth going, we have a 5 hour drive and were debating do we go or not. I know if I missed it i would kick myself. I'm impressed with the selection of samples. Does anyone know if there's accommodations for handicap people? I'm assuming not and I will have to just tough it out but im thinking it wouldn't hurt to call CP tomorrow ok the way there and check. I don't want any special treatment just have a hard time standing and it sounds like it could be up to an hour and a half or even more. Thanks again for the report!

Knowing that Tony Clark lurks these pages I wanted to take a moment before driving home to say that I thought the pass holder hoedown was a great event. Thanks. Well done. Be sure not to forget to give a “feather in a cap” to all the employees who worked the event, especially those serving the food samples. The food lines never died down and yet those employees were continually serving food with a smile.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Took a total of 2 hours 15 minutes plus 15ish before 730 que opened. Last breakdown really slowed things down for a good half hour

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Sounds like breakdowns were a bit of an issue, but that's not uncommon for new rides at all.

harmony29:
Steel Vengeance is no different than any other ride at CP and has an alternate access, lift to the station platform etc. I even have some pictures of it from Media Day. Don’t worry, if you decide to go CP will take care of you.

Urumqi said:
As soon as posted my question to RCMAC the crowd erupted with excitement at the sound of the lift chain. Now, the real endurance test has begun.

How can I help you? I wasn’t there tonight, I’m not able to attend the passholder previews.

Sounds like it turned out to be a long line though.

harmony29 said:
Does anyone know if there's accommodations for handicap people? I'm assuming not and I will have to just tough it out but im thinking it wouldn't hurt to call CP tomorrow ok the way there and check. I don't want any special treatment just have a hard time standing and it sounds like it could be up to an hour and a half or even more. Thanks again for the report!

Yes they have accommodations because I saw TTD Ron and his crew go through handicap entrances several times.

Anyways, this event worked out absolutely wonderfully for me. Cool to see Tony Clark as I arrived at SV reminding us we need the tickets. I got on the back row of the very first train of the day for Steel Vengeance. The other rides I never waited more than 20 minutes, last 2 hours, they were walks on. I marathoned Maverick last half hour, was in front row and since no one else was in line, was able to ride in front again on very last Maverick ride of the day.

The food lines were actually the longest waits for me, most notably Sidewinder Sue's. But I really appreciated and enjoyed the food samples Cedar Point provided. Just anl Frontiertown experience ended being an extremely enjoyable trip for me!

It is a shame about the breakdowns unfortunately Hopefully it's better these next 2 days.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

F1rePhant0m said:

I was actually on the last train before the breakdown. We had to wait about 10 minutes before the train moved back into the station and we could unload. So...we got super lucky.

As were we. We were actually on the stairs and they called back for two riders so we got lucky to jump about 12 people and grab that train. Othwewise we would have sat through the breakdown near the front of the line.

First ride; Magnum 1994

The Hoedown was great! We were one of the first groups to ride before any of the mechanical issues. We only had to wait about 15 minutes and that was with a little bit of extra wait for the back of the train. SV takes more than one ride to wrap your head around. I'll be there on Sunday with Fast Lane, I'm ready for a few more rides to be able to comprehend all of the elements. SV is relentless and it never lets up. Cedar Point has knocked it out of the park with Steel Vengeance! I made sure to thank all of the employees that I encountered, including Jason and Tony. I never take these events for granted.

I got in line at 7pm and finally rode at 9:30.

It was problematic all night with breakdowns and long dispatch intervals.

Started with just 1 train, but it was 2 trains rest of the night.

Just got back home. Couple of thoughts.... We waited the entire queue plus most of the haunt queue which ended up being just over 2.5 hours, which was better than I expected with the frequent downtime and slow dispatches. I imagine when running like a well oiled machine the entire queue can’t be over 2 hours.

As far as SV... wow. Gonna have to write more about this later, but being my first RMC I didn’t really know what to expect. I was completely blown away by its intensity but still being very smooth and I imagine very reridable. My only very small complaint is with the onride camera, it’s in a really bad spot.

The food was great and we managed to time it so we didn’t sit through the long lines. They went above and beyond here with I believe six different stands handing out food, and not only that but several of them were still serving when we left SV around 10:30 (well after the 10pm the event was supposed to end).

We got two rides on Maverick, and it was nice to see most of the tunnel effects back. I don’t know if this is new, but I noticed on Mavericks fast lane they have a scanner setup to unlock a turnstile to access the fast lane queue. Also, any one notice the “Shady Hollow” setup in the former smoking area next to the rail road tracks? They had some games setup and two small camp fires, almost like a small scale version of what they’ve been doing on the beach.

Overall I really enjoyed the event. The downtime caused a bottleneck at SV, but the wait wasn’t terrible, and on the bright side we ended up riding it at night.

During passholder night do they contain people to frontier town with ropes or security guards or can you roam the empty park? Thinking it would be a great chance for pictures of other rides up close or to just walk around an empty cedar point.

We walked around the majority of the park with no issues. It was definitely different walking around certain areas with literally noone else around. On our way out we went and checked out where the stadium used to be.

Thanks! We just left Kentucky. What I wondered was if I will go to guest services like I would when the park is during normal operating hours. Cedar fair has been so wonderful with helping me be able to enjoy the parks. If not for the ride pass I wouldn't be able to do it. Even though this isn't CP, kings island ride ops have been so extremely kind this year it's been really great so I know it will be just as good at CP. Last weekend almost every employee I spoke w was talking about SV and how awesome it is. We haven't been to CP since 2016 so I'm excited. We will be coming back right after Memorial day to bring our friend from Georgia, she's never been and thinks the park is like Six Flags, she's in for quite the surprise.

Only the main midway and down the frontier trail was open. The rest of the park had security or barriers keeping it inaccessible.

The event was incredible. The food was great, and the characters walking around was a nice touch. I arrived late (7;30) and got the 8:30-10:00 time slot. By the time I got in line, they must have worked out the bugs because it ran smoothly with 2 trains the whole time. The wait was just under an hour, around half of the queue was full. As for Steel Vengeance, there aren't any words that will accurately describe it, but it's definitely a new #1 for me.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

How was the restraint for SV? I'm a little larger and wondering if its worth me going if I cant fit in the ride.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service