Passholder Preview Night

Cartwright said:

Sealedseven said:
I'm guessing they'll be two lines possibly for Steel Vengeance. Ones with passes get priority, but if needing to fill the other line gets moved.

Tho it also depends on the amount of tickets they plan to sell per day.

No - it is pretty clear you get one ride.

My thought is if line for people with passes ever depletes enough to not fill a full train.

Then they will run a train that is not full. One ride for the event means one ride, it is very clear.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Just Coasting said:

The choice is yours, you get to pick.....

Monday 04/30

Tuesday 05/01

Wednesday 05/02

It will be a Frontiertown Hootenanny.

1 ride per person on the record breaking Steel Vengeance.

Kudos to the fine folks at CP! I feel whole again.

Pete said:

As far as the marina platinum passes go, I don't think they can do anything until we get our passes from the marina office. It is just like someone renewing or purchasing on 4/17, I'm expecting all the passholder preview tickets to be long gone by then. I just look at it as the cost of getting two free platinum passes every year.

You are correct it is the Marina office that is the bottleneck, not necessarily CP themselves. I just think that if a Marina member pays their dockage in full, whenever that may be, that they should be able to have access to their passes. If you haven't paid the full amount yet, then you aren't entitled to the benefit.

Carowinds opens at the end of March, my 2018 platnium pass would be good down there if I were to go. But I would need it first. I don't know what the logistical hang up is, other than "that's the way its always been" which is a terrible way to run a business.

Agreed, if the dock is paid in full you should get your pass instead of being delayed. In my case, I usually cough up the money right around the last day it is due, so I get what I deserve even if they distribute passes as soon as full payment is made.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^ Yeah, that had been my plan too. Now ... not so sure. Have to see if the days could work or not. I actually would really like to go, but having two kids under 3 not sure if the wife will let me go solo. Bringing them could work, but my daughter will be disappointed she cant ride all her rides. I'll be there opening weekend getting the boat ready anyway.

This is awesome, thanks CP!

My family of four all has passes but only I will be able to go. I guess that means I'll have four vouchers for myself. My back probably can't handle that, so maybe I'll give out a couple to some lucky kids to get a second ride each.

My mistake, looks like the vouchers will be distributed on site.

But also I didn't realize this was an evening event, so the whole family can go. Super excited!

I understand the marina not wanting to issue passes until docks are paid for, but in my case, mine is paid for and I cant that i understand why they can not just have a renewable marina pass that gets activated once its paid for. Not exactly fair that I would be penalized as a marina passholder and not have the opportunity to attend the preview night but dont have a pass to sign up. Plus, my wife and I have talked about an early season visit to Carowinds or heading out to Knott's but cant exactly do that until we get our marina pass in mid April.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Was thinking about rain for the Passholder Preview. Barring CP's own policy, SV, like any other RMC, should be able to run in any rain except lightning storms. I hope that CP will offer tickets for another day of the event in case they do shut down SV.

Unfortunately, that won't work for me because I can only go on 5/1 because that's my finals week. I'll probably book a ticket for that day, watch the weather, and make my decision the day of. Hopefully it'll be nice so I don't have to gamble on CP's judgment.

DSShives said:

I cant that i understand why they can not just have a renewable marina pass that gets activated once its paid for. Not exactly fair that I would be penalized as a marina passholder...

Sounds like a case of marina pass entitlement. Sorry - I couldn't resist.

You know, I was thinking that same thing after I read what I typed. At least I do feel whole about it.

Steve Shives

LightDark18 said:

Was thinking about rain for the Passholder Preview. Barring CP's own policy, SV, like any other RMC, should be able to run in any rain except lightning storms. I hope that CP will offer tickets for another day of the event in case they do shut down SV.

Rides may not be available due to weather or maintenance conditions

Limited tickets available each day. Only one reservation per passholder for the duration of event.

DSShives said:
You know, I was thinking that same thing after I read what I typed. At least I do feel whole about it.

I think we have a legitimate concern here, as a fellow dockholder, we pay a small fortune in fees. We should habe at least an equal chance to reserve spots for passholder preview.
I am not sure why the marina office waits so long to issue new passes. Every year we get a new colored pass. The only reason I can think that we do is for the guard at the marina parking gate. They used to just look at your pass as you drove up, starting last year they now scan your pass for clearance. This means a different color is not needed and we could use the same pass year to year.

I emailed Bob about the passholder preview night situation and he responded right back that marina passes should be ready to pick up as early as next week. You would need to call ahead to make sure. Bob has always answered questions quickly.

Im not entirely sure why the marina processes passes the way they do. Marina passes could stay a different color but not have them year specific. They scan passes now anyway to get into the marina parking lot. They could be active for following year once you pay your dock deposit in the fall. If you do no have your dock paid by April 15th, then CP deactivates your pass. Make it similar to the payment plan for regular platinum passes. As long as your pass is paid by April 15th you are good to go. Then you could use your pass at other Cedar Fair parks in the spring before CP opens.

Now if the marina would install WiFi like in the rest of the park.

Docks can be pricey, but you know what they say about owning a boat. Even with what we pay in dockage with a meal and drink plan, we still spend less than a third of what friends of mine pay for a week at Disney and we have a full 6 months of FUN.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives

That's good news from Bob, thanks for emailing him.
When comparing marina fees around the bay area we do get alot of extra benefits. I have friends over at Bay Point who pay more for similar sized dock. Another friend pays less out on Cawtaba island, but pays a fine if they forget to turn off the A/C when they are not at the boat .
We definitely have the best location, being right next to the park. Also the busiest, loudest and brightest. My family likes all the commotion, some families don't.

Because you paid for a slip, not a pass.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:
Because you paid for a slip, not a pass.

Not true, the marina dockage is a package that includes dock, platinum passes, parking in the marina lot and others. You cannot split up the package, so passes are part of the deal. So you are technically buying passes also.

I agree. The cost of the season pass is built into the annual dockage fee. Dockholders are Platinum Passholders just like everyone else. Pass is just a different color. And it does draw attention when visiting other Cedar Fair parks. Had an admissions associate at Valleyfair question whether it was an actual Cedar Fair pass once.

Steve Shives

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is the link to the recent blog entry clarifying information about the First Rider Benefit and Preview Night:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/ride-steel-vengeance-first

The most important thing I got out of it aside from the information we already knew was for the Preview Night. As I initially suspected, you get a timestamp to get in line at SV at a specific time (like a Disney Fastpass). Depending on how many tickets they sell, you may or may not be able to choose your own row. They may sell so many tickets that they will have to do random seat assignment to keep the line moving for the people at the next time, or they may offer enough room between the times that they can have people choose their own rows and run more trains to compensate for the high demand for the front and back.

Either way, if you decide to go the Preview Night, I would hope that you receive your time when you book the ticket so you can plan around that time if you can't be there for the whole evening.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service