Steel Vengeance

camera 3

They're starting to top off Steel Vengeance.

^^
did I miss something? What in the world was that outburst about lmao

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

Oh, Scotteh's mad that people started calling him out for guessing every conceivable name for a ride with a Western theme known to man. And now that Steel Vengeance is announced, I'm assuming he's a little butthurt that people are discussing the actual name of the ride instead of all the fake ones he so cleverly came up with.

Never change, Point Buzz <3

based off the web cam I think its safe to say the wood structure is now topped out

Looks awesome; I just wish they would turn the webcam back towards SV so we could watch the entirety of the topping off.

Man, I know the clearances are totally fine, but man that ride looks like it's going to have intense head choppers, even better than Gemini's drop.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Yep, that was perhaps MS' only partially-redeeming feature - traveling through the structure. SV looks to have that turned up to 11.

Brandon

^ Voted up for the Nigel Tufnel reference!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Topped off!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

And it looks as if they moved the flag. Or had that already happened?

I dunno... Maybe it’s just because I’m a sick old fart, but, Steel Vengeance still sounds like a name for a vibrator to me...

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

Am I the only one who really likes the name? In fact, I think it's one of the best names in the park.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I like the name too. I think most people aren't fans of the name because it's an abstract term and not concrete; an idea rather than an object. Personally I find it a unique choice that makes sense given the ride's backstory.

Last edited by JCoaster25,

I feel like a vibrator made out of steel would be freezing.

I love the name. A little generic, maybe. But personally I think it sounds pretty bad ass, and I think it sets the tone for the chaos this thing is presumably going to deliver. Whereas, I imagine the general public walks up to Rougarou and wonders what the heck a Rougarou is.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I get they kinda had to have steel or iron or titanium aluminum alloy in the name to help some people realize that it's not the old wooden backbreaker known as Mean Streak. But for some reason "Steel" and "Vengeance" don't seem to work together for me. Just Vengeance would've been great, though...

ROUNDABOUND.

Amorphous Solid Angry Retribution

Steel Rails
Western Rails
One Fast Mutha
Awesomeness
Steel Naner-Naner

See, Steel Vengeance is actually pretty good. I am just super happy the Marketing division didn't do the alliteration thing. CP Shores is almost nauseating with so much of it. Gimmicky.

Steel Stupendosness
Steel Streak
Aphorism Avenger
Cowboy Cutthroat
Fairly Fast Falling Freedom Flinger
Vanishing Veneer of Vanity Vanquishing the Vengeful, Vindicating the Viligant and the Virtuous

See, it could have been much much worse...

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service