A ride that CP doesn't have & you wish it would...

CPNostalgia said:

Now now. cp flyin might get a little too enthusiastic at times but we're no better if we talk smack about him like this.

Thank You!!

Oh, and i'm not Bryce Fourn. That kid ticks me off too...

RMC Mean Streak: 215ft Tall, 75mph, 4 inversions. 2020)ALL BLACK B&M Flying Coaster on Millennium Island. 2023 or 2025) Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter like Takabisha

Back on topic.

kylepark said:

Back on topic.

This would be a perfect replacement for Shoot The Rapids.

Didn't the old slide cause some of the most trips to the CP nurse?

That was all part of the experience on the old slide. A little friction burn!

Sky Slide was indeed the number one injury inducing ride of its time.
The number one injury ride at any park, (surprisingly, maybe), is the carousel.

2 weeks ago, I went to Hershey and Dorney and one ride that I liked at both parks was the Whip. I wish they had something like that at CP.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Im still holding out for a great dark ride. This is something that is noticeably missing out of all the great rides at CP. There is a lot of space around the park that a dark ride could be placed. Hopefully one day in the not to distant future.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

A log flume. Where's our famous mountain? :)

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Huss Top Spin, a log flume (similar to white water landing), and a dark ride like plants va. Zombies

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I kind of like the Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. It doesn't seem to take up much area, is medium intensity, potential neat theming. Put it in place of Monster\Witches Wheel.

I think this somewhat fits in this thread. Last week I drove up to Six Flags Great America with a couple friends, neither is an enthusiast but they both enjoy roller coasters. Out of all the coasters at that park they both said that Superman: Ultimate Flight was their favorite. This kind of shocked me because I'm like, there's a fantastic RMC right over there. Their reason for liking it so much was that it was disorienting and made them feel sick. It's funny because that's the exact reason I don't enjoy flyers.
I don't really believe CP will get one but getting one would provide an experience that the park doesn't have and if my friends are any indication, it would be something the GP would eat up. I will be at Magic Mountain for the first time in a few weeks so I'm hoping to get to experience Tatsu, a larger custom flyer. I doubt it will change my opinion of flyers since it also has a pretzel loop which is the only reason flyers make me sick. But it's towards the end of the ride so I'm hoping I can enjoy the rest of the ride up until that point.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I don't understand the design decision to include a pretzel loop on so many flyer models. Only two do not include that element. I found it to be the least thrilling part of the whole ride.

Most people who like flyers consider it to be the best and defining element of them. I've even heard it described as the single best inversion ever created. Single worst IMO. I would love flyers if they didn't have them.

2018- Raptor

Is that based on your extensive polling? I think the worst part of flyers is any looping inversion where you're on your back. It's an extremely uncomfortable and disconcerting feeling.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I don't need to poll anybody to know that I have definitely heard something said numerous times.
I'm fine with the zero g rolls, but that's because riders aren't on their backs for an extended period of time.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

Those on-your-back loops seem to be the manufacturer's way of sending us around vertically without unnecessary strain on the riders. Or the restraints. B&M's rides dive into it from the top while most Vekoma rides flip the cars then send them through the loop from the bottom.
I think both types are disorienting and certainly provide a unique experience.
We're used to traditional loops where we are upside down at the top. Flyer loops put the riders upside down on the way down and sitting straight up on the way up and facing toward the ground at the least forceful spot of the loop.
I don't hate em, but they can feel strenuous, or something, by their counterintuitive-ness. I don't know if the one on Tatsu is any larger or faster than the other B&M's, but it seems to be the most dramatic they way it's situated on and around the mountain. One thing's for sure is that it provides some fantastic views from high up.
I have no doubt Cedar Point would consider one, but I kind of hope not.

CoasterCam said:Out of all the coasters at that park they both said that Superman: Ultimate Flight was their favorite. This kind of shocked me because I'm like, there's a fantastic RMC right over there.

My friend Mark and I rode SUF and he immediately deemed it Superman Ultimate Proctology Exam; and I can't argue with it. For me, it's just not fun.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Like I said before I don't enjoy it either, which is why I found it so fascinating that they both adamantly said it was their favorite by far. But subtract the pretzel loop and I'd probably feel quite different. If CP decides to go with B&M again in the future, I hope they consider a flyer, because although myself and obviously you guys aren't too high on them, I think it would be a crowd pleaser and add a little diversity to a lineup that can't get much more diverse. **After a woodie of course**

2018- Raptor

Its easy for anything at SFGA to be someones favorite... theres just so much wrong there, that its a joke.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service