Halloweekends 2016

Anything in the park promoting Halloweekends 2016 or giving a hint as to what new.changed attractions we might see?

Way too early. It's barely June. (Although, to be fair, we're talking about 2017 additions [RMC] in June 2016...)

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

It's too early for announcements, but maybe not for construction work. The past 2 years they have built entirely new buildings (Slaughter House, Hexed). If they were building another, we might see some work going on soon, but I'm not sure if that will be the case this year.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Oh please, God. No! Let's enjoy summer and not rush Halloween please!

I know that in previous years they've posted a teaser image for the coming season pretty early... I remember seeing something for Eden Musee when I was there with a school group in early June the year that it was the new haunt.

Last edited by AndyG,

TwistedWicker77 said:

Oh please, God. No! Let's enjoy summer and not rush Halloween please!

I agree. Don't worry, Halloweekends will here before you know it.

There HAVE been teasers in the park opening day the last few years (the witch, Slaughter sign, etc.) BUT....not this year. The only thing I have seen is a 20th anniversary celebration for Halloweekends sign by the front gate. Maybe there might not be any new haunt additions this year. We'll have to wait and find out.

It would be a big shame if they didn't do anything major for the 20th of Halloweekends. Something like that should get a pretty big event overhaul and a few new/refurbed attractions.

I agree with 99er, I'd be disappointed if they didn't do anything major this year. I can't really think of what they could do that would be a significant addition to Halloweekends though. Any ideas?

My suggestion is more Screamsters roaming around! Oddly enough, I like a random scare, but not willing to freely enter a haunt. I can then slowly get into the spooky feeling of the atmosphere!

Keep passing the fun along!

Steve-O said:

I can't really think of what they could do that would be a significant addition to Halloweekends though. Any ideas?

At the very least they should add a house/scare zone that encompasses all the past houses/zones and re-theme a few of the current ones. I would go pretty heavy on the 20th merchandise and possibly have some sort of Halloweekends museum or "look back" at the event. Id also tie in an event host, similar to the Overlord from a few years ago that would be available for pictures all night. There is a lot they could do to really send the event over the top but I also wouldn't be shocked if they didn't do anything.

New for 2016....Fright Lane Plus. Unlimited number of times you can go through haunted houses. 😉

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

They could give Halloweekends an RMC make-over. The stakes are already there. :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

99er said:
I would go pretty heavy on the 20th merchandise and possibly have some sort of Halloweekends museum or "look back" at the event.

I have a few things they could show off. ;)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Between the two of us we would have a pretty sizable collection. I'd be ok loaning it for a small fee :)

Maybe a throwback attraction... turn the Frontier Trail back into the Fright Zone for the season, since that was the original "scare zone" on the park?

HalloWeekends...
20 years of all your fears!

ROUNDABOUND.

It'd be amazing if they brought back all of the retired haunted houses, but I really don't know where they could fit them all. It'd be great if they at least changed all of the current haunted houses and walkthroughs back to the old ones just for the 20th anniversary.

Well we now know one of the first events will be a funeral procession to deceased rides cemetery.

Now that sounds really cool. For me it's never too early to talk about Halloween. I've only been to CP once during that time and it was probably 15 years ago at least. My husband and I are going the last weekend in October, little worried about the weather but I grew up in Detroit so I know I can handle it. Not sure which days we are going to go, we have a 2 day pass and fast lane one day, which we will probably use Saturday unless it's bad weather. We are debating on which other day to go, we are driving up Fri so we can go that evening or Sunday. Any tips I would love to hear since I really don't know what to expect.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service