Halloweekends 2016

I'm sure they'd love to call them what Kings Island does, "Buyout Weekends". Kings Island's Haunt would probably start when Cedar Point's does if not for those corporate dates. I don't think it has much to do with being ready.

Maybe they should just advertise September Haunt dates as having some scary attractions closed. Then they can open additional areas/mazes as they have the proper staffing to do so.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Chuck Wagon said:

I don't think it has much to do with being ready.

Maybe they should just advertise September Haunt dates as having some scary attractions closed. Then they can open additional areas/mazes as they have the proper staffing to do so.

Agreed on the first part, not sure on the second. Does anyone outside our tiny, ultra-sensitive bubble even notice or care about the things we notice and care about? I think the answer is almost certainly "absolutely not". The park can call these weekends Halloweekends, even though a few things aren't in full swing, because 99% of visitors have a fantastic time regardless.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

Does anyone outside our tiny, ultra-sensitive bubble even notice or care about the things we notice and care about?

I agree that the majority won't notice but I still take issue with it. Whether a guest will notice or not doesn't mean the park should let something fall through the cracks.

For years the event has not been ready for its first and sometimes second weekend. Most guests, even on here, never notice this but internally the event is a mess. Opening the event 2 weekends later at 100% would be much better than opening earlier at only 65% regardless of whether or not guests will notice or complain. I was always on board with delaying the opening and going back to having "bonus" weekends like in the past. Or better yet have a two weekend Oktoberfest event that features craft beer vendors and food with Halloweekends starting after that. Bottom line though is that its been happening and isn't getting any better. Eventually the guests will take notice of it.

Last edited by 99er,

I'd love to have Oktoberfest again, but the Halloween stuff brings in more customers. They extended it to meet those demands. An unfortunate side effect is having less staff fully trained to start the Haunt.

Anyone know if they have a gravestone up for Shoot the rapids yet? I know they have a new one up for Mean Streak being that his funeral was last friday night.

I recall last seeing a gravestone for the original shoot the rapids some time ago..

Maybe they just decided to just use the same one.

Does anyone know if SlingShot is open on Sundays during Halloweekends?

Cedar Point + Kings Island = Heaven

It was open last Sunday.

MID-HALLOWEEKENDS THOUGHTS!

Halloweekends Haunted House/ Scare Zone 2016 Review (so far) I will only be covering the 12 haunts! No talk about shows or extra events like the fortune telling!

Since I did a review at the beinging of Halloweekends 2016, I'm going to do a review of it in the middle of this years event and at the end in November!

First of all before I start talking about all the haunts I noticed 2 bins one at the front entrance and one by the marina entrance with all the haunts logos on it, and im wondering if Cedar Point is using this voting system to decide which haunt will be the next one to go for next season it shall be interesting what the bins resemblance really means!

Now Lets Get to the haunts

Indoor:

Slaughterhouse: This haunt has been pretty good this year not amazing but not bad for me at least. I remember one night it was almost midnight and I was the only one in the house it was amazing, all the screamsters went after me! Slaughterhouse has been pretty good this year .... Rate 6/10

Hexed: Last year it seemed like Hexed was good but this year its taken a step back in my opinion. There are times where your walking for a long time where you see no screamsters. I enjoy the some of the props to look at though .... Rate 5.5/10

Zombie High School: This house has been amazing this year! This haunt is always gonna get you at one point in it! I love lots of the cool rooms and amazing props! This haunt has been a scary one this year the people in this haunt have found brilliant hiding spots and know when to jump out on you! Oh yeah and my Homecoming dance is tonight at my school so it time to dance GO BEAVERS!!! .... Rate 9.5/10

Erie Estate: This haunt has always been the best traditional haunt and like I said before it always reminds me of the Hunted Mansion in Florida! This haunt always comes to play! .... Rate 7.5/10

Wax Museam: This haunt has been very inconsistent! Sometimes you go through it and you don't get scared that much and sometimes you go through it and its frighting! I love some of the newly added props to make this haunt more interesting and i like the strobe lights! ....Rate 7/10

Eternity Infirmary: Out of all the indoors this is my favorite themed haunt! I love hearing the siren every 30 minutes and I enjoy all the crazies in here! I enjoy walking through this haunt always! ..... Rate 8/10

Outdoor:

Cornstalkers: This zone has been absolutely amazing this year! Some of the props that didn't use to work in prior years they have gotten working again! I love the audio in this haunt and the fog is always greatly positioned. Sometimes in this zone i cant tell where I'm going! I love many of the great props and I love the smell of the corn! ..... Rate 10/10

Blood On The Bayou: I love the themeing of this zone and looking at some of the props this zone has to offer! This zone has done pretty good with staffing! Nothing much to say! .... Rate 7/10

Screamworks: This haunt always gives me the laughs! The workers here always know how to make a person really chuckle. I like all the props throughout the zone and the benches are always nice to sit on to rest your feet! ...... Rate 5.5/10

Cut Throat Cove: This haunt was amazing last year but this year I cant believe I'm saying this well its been still good but compared to how good it was last year its taken a big fall! The audio has had issues and without the audio in this haunt it doesn't feel like Cut Throat Cove. I'm still believing in this haunt but as of now its been kinda a disaster! ..... Rate 6.5/10

Tombstone Terror-Tory: I like the themeing of this haunt and the screamsters but its just too short to be comparable to the other zones! ..... Rate 4.5/10

FearyTales: Still horrible in about every-way possible! At least they got an announcer this year! ..... Rate 2/10

Looking for a little help: I work in the Skeleton Key room of Kings Island's Slaughterhouse and last weekend one of the other guys in the house said that we should have a name on the front of our building, not just "Slaughterhouse". I told him that CP's Slaughterhouse had one but I can't remember what it was. I know it's something like "__________ & __________" but... I'm drawing a blank. Lame joke, I know. So can someone tell me what it says on the front of CP's Slaughterhouse?

Selfishly, I love that Halloweekends opens a week earlier than KI's Haunt. I've been going to Halloweekends opening week every year for the past 8 years now because of that!

Kings Island Halloween Haunt
2008 - Club Blood - The Bouncer | 2009-2017 - Slaughter House - Sam the Butcher

Split and Trails Slaughterhouse.

Thank you! I knew it was something punny.

Kings Island Halloween Haunt
2008 - Club Blood - The Bouncer | 2009-2017 - Slaughter House - Sam the Butcher

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service