Mean Streak?

The Beast isn't a pinnacle. It WAS I will give it that. It's only the longest now because it was made ridiculously long and has a ton of flat straight areas and large sweeping turns. The rest it's honestly old and outdated. There are new wooden coasters that are smoother, faster, turn better, and have way more appeal than this. The Beast is nostalgia, it is not a great ride.

No, they don't respect opinions, I can name MANY examples of this. MANY

Also, multiple accounts, ok:

I had TheDevariousEffect (my go to name for most stuff)

I had TheCandyManCan (I even posted for awhile, very normal posts, no trolling, etc. go look, I was abruptly found and removed after I think half a year)

I have a current account. It does not post, I only login to look and see developments and see whats going on in the park.

I have never had multiple concurrently, nor do I need to. I am willing to let the past that happened be that. It's whatever, noone has to get along perfectly and be friends. There are several KICers that I don't want to affiliate with really, and that's fine, it's life. It's even funnier that some members who have been banned are back and fine and I am not. I even encountered a ban here a long time ago for being an asshat. I was pissed for something genuine between another employee and I, it's whatever, I was young, and I was irate that I got the short end, stupid 18 year old mistake, it's whatever. I'm back here, life is good, things move on.

But it's whatever. I go to parks, I ride rides. I'll continue to lurk and watch, maybe occasional post, we will see. I mean noone really knew I was CandyMan except a very select few that found out in the end. But I'll sit back and watch me be the scapegoat. Maybe I'll change my profile picture to Goldstein on there. Maybe someone will get the 1984 reference :P

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Meanwhile, in Sandusky...

We have RMC mean streak that will hopefully be awesome. I only made 50 No Limits recreations.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I apologize if this was already mentioned, but in case you forgot, this is Mean Streak's 25th year anniversary. And what could say "happy birthday" more than an RMC makeover? This would be the perfect year to shut it down, transform it into something amazing, and open it back up next year.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

That was my thought as well. The park has been pretty quiet about Mean Streaks' 25th anniversary...

I hope CP recieves the 1st RMC coaster in the CF chain. Mean Streak's giant looming structure over the back of Frontier Town is iconic and should remain in some form. And I would think that CP would be able to come up with something special and marketable even if it isn't taller or faster than El Toro or Goliath.

Edit: I also am on RMC for MS since it looks like KI is also getting a woodie for 2017. I just don't know if that is marketable to open two coasters that will be viewed as similar by the GP at parks that are so close together and both owned by the same parent company.

Last edited by MIcoasterGUY,

"Raptor will turn you upside down 6 times in 4 different ways, that's more than Maverick, Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster combined!!!"

If RMC comes in I want them to retrack similar to what they did to the Carowinds Hurler. GCI is also acceptable here. I'd like to have a true wooden coaster stay that way, but if they went RMC I won't be terribly disappointed, but I'd like that nostalgic bit to stay, if not, cool, they could do a crazy layout with the size of the ride.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:
If RMC comes in I want them to retrack similar to what they did to the Carowinds Hurler. GCI is also acceptable here. I'd like to have a true wooden coaster stay that way, but if they went RMC I won't be terribly disappointed, but I'd like that nostalgic bit to stay, if not, cool, they could do a crazy layout with the size of the ride.

My thoughts as well, I would hope CP would go with a reprofiling with topper track, and still include inversions using MS's giant structure. That way we still have 2 true woodies in the park.

"Raptor will turn you upside down 6 times in 4 different ways, that's more than Maverick, Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster combined!!!"

You guys may think the Beast sucks, but I still think it's a great ride!

I love The Beast!!! But I am not against taking something I love and making it even better either. Funny because I just said this on KIC, but a reprofile from GCI would be great for Beast, IMO...

Not a complete overhaul just some extra banking in some turns after the brake shed leading into the 2nd lift hill to allow more speed, and a reprofiling of the "airtime" hill after the 1st lift hill to give some air. But I love Beast either way, but it could be made to be a Golden Ticket top 10 again with a few adjustments to an already great ride.

Wouldn't touch the 2nd half though besides removing the trim...

Last edited by MIcoasterGUY,

CP Maverick said:
I probably would, too. The Beast is the primary reason I drive 4hrs to KI.

Lemme guess, you live in Toledo?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

MIcoasterGUY said:

My thoughts as well, I would hope CP would go with a reprofiling with topper track, and still include inversions using MS's giant structure. That way we still have 2 true woodies in the park.

I could care less what some enthusiast groups say, RMC topper track is in no way, shape, or form a true "woodie". Real wooden track cannot do things like Outlaw Run.

Here we go with that debate again...
The wood that is in the Topper Track bends the same way as the steel on top does. Here is a great picture of how it looks.

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/2012/08/outlaw-run-silver-dollar-ci...pper-track

I count it as a woodie. It may not be a "true" woodie I will give you that. But when I get on them I will be ranking them in my wood list.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I don't know but I would think the GP would consider this a "Wooden Coaster" rather us enthusiast beg to differ, I am for once with the GP on this one lol

On another note I feel the...animosity on KIC as well @devariouseffect...

I posted something in @GoIntamin's post about The Beast being retracked and was completely ignored lol! They just posted around my post like it wasn't there and I wasn't trolling, just stating my opinion and asking for input...

Wood coasters ride on thin steel plates that have no structural strength but rather provide a wear surface for the trains wheels as wood would obviously wear very quickly without it. The RMC topper track provides a large amount of structural strength and stability. This is substantiated by RMC's own selling point in the topper track as they designed it for structural integrity for high stress track areas.

Someone show me real wood track like the Beast, Blue Streak, Mean Streak etc... That can withstand being used in an inversion.

I completely understand your point JUnderhill, that is why I made a point to say, "this would be a wooden coaster to the GP"...

I know all RMC refurbs have steel elements in the track and also structure, but the coaster polls still have them classified as Wooden I guess due to structural integrity, i.e. Goliath SFGAM??? But I am not really sure where the industry draws the line nowadays lol

The only place where it really matters to me is for records. Real wood track has many limitations, such as the ability to do inversions, height etc... The part of me that has an issue with the classifications has less to do with riding coasters than it has to do with carpentry. A wood coaster relies on wood for all of its structural integrity, I stand in awe of Mean Streak the structure as wood beams provide all the structural support the coaster needs to operate. The RMC track relies upon steel to bear forces that a laminated wood sub-structure simply cannot withstand on its own.

All of this being said I still know some folks that say Gemini is a wood coaster so I understand MICoasteryGuy's point about the GP considering something a wood coaster.

A question for experts: If a wooden coaster train technically rides on steel rails (those thin rails that JUnderhill was talking about) what makes it rattle so much more than a steel?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Because that thin piece of metal has very little structural integrity. So even though the wheels are traveling a long the metal piece the warping, bumps, and general wear of the wood is still felt and effects the way the train travels. The metal is not thick enough to keep the wood underneath from not being felt or causing an effect of the ride. Best way I can compare it to is like a computer mouse. If you put a piece of paper on a bumpy surface, it will help make the mouse work but you will feel every bump on that surface still (wood coaster/thin metal piece) but if you use a mouse pad which is thicker and stronger you will only feel the pad and not the bumps (topper track from RMC) Hope that helps

Last edited by Theme Park G,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service