Cedar Point new security checkpoint

Maybe it's just b/c someone rumored a person bringing in weapons and the park went all crazy. Hopefully this won't be an all-summer thing. If that's the case, then it will very much take FOREVER to get into the park. Expect long lines backed up taking a few hours to get in. Wasted riding time too. wow

They should put in a fast lane pass to get though security faster. $$$ ;)

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Miss_Maverick07 said:

it will very much take FOREVER to get into the park. Expect long lines backed up taking a few hours to get in. Wasted riding time too. wow

There we have the absolute root cause of why people dislike this...

It didn't seem to add more than a minute or 2 on to any of my visits last year, so why should that be any different this year?

XS NightClub said:

They should put in a fast lane pass to get though security faster. $$$ ;)

Cedar Point Pre-Check?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I think how much time it adds varies depending on the day, time of day, and the efficiency of the Barney Fife du jour. If there's a line of 10 people at a few extra minutes per person no big deal but if the line is 70 and you're at the end of it you will be waiting more than 1 or 2 extra minutes. Luckily I rarely enter the park at peak times.

Last edited by Paisley,

Haha! "Barney Fife du jour" is an excellent name for the mall cops checking the bags. Maybe if the security theater becomes a mainstay at the park they can add it into the park guide under "live entertainment".

-Tyler A-

Barney Fife du jour is indeed excellent!

There's a TV commercial running* currently where a bank robbery is under way and the guy in the security uniform explains he's a security monitor, not a security guard, his job is to inform people if there's a robbery going on. Always makes me think of these security theaters.

*Clearly not a very effective commercial since I can't think of what it's actually advertising.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

It is disappointing to have this in place so early. I was hoping that they would limit this to Halloweekends.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Seeing the line at the resort entrance, if they get security theatre there, at opening, that line could very well be 2 hours.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

So, is it still happening now, or was that just random? If someone sees it today or tomorrow, please let us know.

noggin said:
Barney Fife du jour is indeed excellent!

There's a TV commercial running* currently where a bank robbery is under way and the guy in the security uniform explains he's a security monitor, not a security guard, his job is to inform people if there's a robbery going on. Always makes me think of these security theaters.

*Clearly not a very effective commercial since I can't think of what it's actually advertising.

That was an ad for credit monitoring & protection. I love when after he explains he's just there to let you know if something is wrong, the guard says "oh by the way there's a robbery..."

ROUNDABOUND.

It was in place today (Sunday) but not yesterday. I personally saw the "guards" at the resort get be very rude with a group of kids for bypassing their table. They had their table sitting out about 15 feet from the gate and these kids came around the corner on the sidewalk coming from the front of breakers. The kids never even saw the security theatre as the came in behind it but yet the guards were berating them for trying to enter without being wanded.

I spent 35 minutes of the 1 hour early entry in line for the security theater. There was one "guard" at the Magnum entrance.

Today I spent at least one hour in a security line but it was at NASA for open house but you know what? It's NASA and I expect that if they are going to open up big time major important scientific labs and work areas that it is important to secure things as well as they can. There were what appeared to be bomb sniffing dogs being led around the IX parking lot but like I was saying...It's NASA...I expect this from NASA when they graciously let me run amok on their grounds for free. I don't expect a big to do like this to get into the amusement park.

I'd bet money that they do this just to piss people off!

And they're really hoping that they get their panties in a wad so much they go to social media and tell the world about it !!

We are staying on point Monday -Thursday this week, if I see these people doing the job they're paid to do, I'm going to be courteous, polite, and thank them- just like I do the people checking my pass.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

The security wands were in effect today at the Main Gate around 1pm but not on a twice as crowded (Valravn's World debut) opening Preview Weekend Saturday May 7th. Very strange. Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

It's a trap. They left the gates unguarded for Preview Weekend so that word would spread and all the terrorists would try to sneak this Sunday (but apparently not Saturday which, as we all know, is the terrorists' day off) and be caught when they try sneaking in behind the table at the resorts entrance. :)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Carowinds had security setup today, as well. Just like every visit I've made previously to Carowinds this year and last year. I don't care that I have to wait an extra 30-60 seconds per person in front of me. They have it running very well at Carowinds with lots of lanes, and I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get in the gate even at peak times.

Not sure if everyone here has their panties in a bunch or if CP is just a whole bunch slower and inefficient. I haven't experienced it yet at CP, so I cannot compare the two directly.

Last edited by MichaelB,

Mostly just 20 pages of panty bunching.

Specifically old guys who still aren't used to post 9/11 security who were panty bunching for 20 pages

Last edited by CPNostalgia,

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service