announcement date 8/18/15

^ Well that was a useless article. There was more information in the earnings call yesterday.

I just saw a CP banner on a website that said "It's all going down 8/18/15".

Tony Clark and Jason McClure just tweeted "Be there. Witness history..."

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I'll be there. Who else is going? We should all meet up and discuss the announcement.

I'll be in Cleveland that day for an internship interview. So I'll be off and back in Sandusky by 9. I think I'll be there.

All of these clues seem to point to Mean Streak's demolition.
All will become clear.
It's all going down.
The lightning bolt over the water (mean Streak's logo)
That space is perfect for a dive machine. I think the wall is the misdirection.

Jason and Tony already confirmed that the 2016 attraction will be behind the wall.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

They could maybe announce the dive coaster and that 2016 will be the last year for Mean Streak. Although even as I type this I highly doubt it.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

"It's all going down" could be a reference to how dive coasters, well, dive.

Last edited by CPNostalgia,

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

CPNostalgia said:

Or... some kinda rival gang thing? Rougaroo's vs Valvern's celebration plaza turf war.

What time of the day will they announcement? I work til 3:30, and I probably will miss it. No big deal I will see it on the computer or get there later in the day.

It's at 9:00 PM EDT.

Redwolf said:

CPNostalgia said:

Or... some kinda rival gang thing? Rougaroo's vs Valvern's celebration plaza turf war.

And poor Iron Dragon is caught in the middle of the battle.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I thought it meant the Cedar Dorms are coming down.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

As a BGSU alum dark orange is welcome, but so much of it among three rides? Seems like a theme to me.

I'm curious if the search for vintage rides linked in another post I just made could factor into the next few years or this year.

Personally I think Coasters needs to move or simply get taken out and some more pathway get laid down over the water. The Corkscrew area is too crowded.

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Final Force 500 said:

All of these clues seem to point to Mean Streak's demolition.
All will become clear.
It's all going down.
The lightning bolt over the water (mean Streak's logo)
That space is perfect for a dive machine. I think the wall is the misdirection.

Probably reaching a bit much, but the 8 coaster on the wall is meanstreak, 18 is rougarou, 15 maverick. Maybe they're going to RMC mean streak, and open it with a 95 degree drop.

Not a single bit of anything points towards Mean Streak, whereas everything points towards the new project for 2016 going in the area once occupied by the Good Time Theater.

It doesn't take any sort of sleuthing skill to figure this out, other than listening. As stated above CP has already confirmed that the new 2016 project will be built behind the wall.

Tearing down GTT, moving a few rides, and building the coaster wall to mis-direct a few folks, that's a good one!

Safe to say dive behind the wall is most likely

You are clear and outta here

You know how you could integrate a dark ride and a coaster without putting it in a building?

Integrate VR goggles or screens into the headrests that swing in front of the riders' faces when needed.

Not saying that'll happen, cause that seems like it would take a lot of testing and verifying - but it could be done.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service