Rougarou teaser video

Though to be fair, I'm sure it was nothing like the "Chinese food" that's served at Panda Express. :)

Brandon

It was considered the railroad tracks the start of the Frontier Trail. Old souvineer maps showed this along when the Giant Wheel was located behind the Funway Station. Mantis' entrance was originally past the the railroad crossing, where you crossed the tracks again to enter the queue area.

Well I can see where you guys are coming from since Millennium Force is space themed. Also the fact of it not starting at the trail until you get to Panda Express. I think the wooden station would work because Rougarou is situated over a lagoon and is ware wolf themed. It's just like how they said it in the Promo video.

MF has a theme?

Promoter of fog.

Well, if they keep a vaguely Louisiana/Bayou-ish theme, it wouldn't take much to take the architecture of Mantis' station and make it look sort of like a French Quarter building.

I was always under the impression that the tunnel under Millennium's track was the start of the trail. We really need to get this cleared up ;)

Go to this linkhttp://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/CP_Brochures/1980_inside.jpg
If you look on the left, it has a map of the Frontier trail. Looks like it starts at (what is now) the Panda Express

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Panda Express was "The Trail's End" and "Coyote Cody's and Dastardly Dan's" previously, so yes it was part of the trail.

Wait, why the heck are we talking about this?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Keep up, the reason is to determine whether or not Rougarou and Millennium Force are on Frontier Trail.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Considering you don't even cross the CPLE RR tracks to get to Mantis I am going to say no. Millennium could be but definitely not Mantis.
Thanks for clarifying where the trail starts.

Has Rougarou been fully painted?

topthrilldragster4lyf said:
Keep up, the reason is to determine whether or not Rougarou and Millennium Force are on Frontier Trail.

I notice that you took the time to edit this tiny post. I was curious, did you edit it to be more jerkish or less jerkish than you had previously.

Scottyf said:

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

I notice that you took the time to edit this tiny post. I was curious, did you edit it to be more jerkish or less jerkish than you had previously.

Well, that's an awfully rude response. Chuck Wagon asked why we were discussing this. "Keep up" means "pay attention", or "that's what we've been talking about". It was my way of answering the question asked. If anything, it was slightly sarcastic; far from rude.

The only edit I made was that I initially said Rougarou and Mantis when I meant Rougarou and Millennium Force. That's what I get for making a quick post whilst lying in bed. Geez.

Chuck Wagon said:
Panda Express was "The Trail's End" and "Coyote Cody's and Dastardly Dan's" previously, so yes it was part of the trail.

Wait, why the heck are we talking about this?

On Mantis, you USED to cross the tracks in order to enter the ride. The crossing is the concrete path along the dive loop. That was the original entrance. I believe they moved it to its current location the year MF opened or the year after.

Weirdest queue entry in recent memory in the park

~Rob

^Makes me wonder If they'll move the Entrance a second time for Rougarou. ;) As far as where the trail starts, to me it starts at Millennium Force, but Mantis/Rougarou is right across from it so shouldn't the trail start after the railroad tracks?

The trail starts where you think it does.

"Last stand" tomorrow for me around 7:00 or so. :)

Promoter of fog.

The Trail started at the railroad crossing when it first opened, so for me that is still the start of the trail. MF, and before that the Giant Wheel, were/are rides that are on the trail.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^ Pete and kylepark are correct in the placement of the start of the trail. When the Frontier Trail first opened in 1971 (right after the RR tracks, the Giant Wheel wasn't even there yet) and was added the following year.

Here's a good pic for clarification:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--7FzyDp_BCQ/U3AZmE7ZjSI/AAAAAAAAOOw/VVBos...00/Map.JPG

BTW, Mantis is NOT on the trail, its to the right and parallel to it.

Technically, "The Trail" demarcation evolves over time. Right now, the mere presence of MF and a fast food Chinese restaurant have stomped on the theme in that area. If, for example, the Saloon and western photo place were replaced with something like a 80's dance club, I think people would then be really hard pressed to say it starts at the railroad tracks. Right now, those and the train station itself, are the only things keeping it "frontiery" from the tracks.

I agree with Kevin's statement, though not necessarily for the same reason, so I'll reword slightly: The trail starts where you believe that it does.

MF doesn't bother me being part of the Trail really, but Panda Express does.
I'm more interested in knowing if the Rougarou name and theme is meant to blend in with the Frontier Trail? And if so, does this move the "officially unofficial" start of the trail to Rougarou?

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service