Point Pavilion

It was fun in the past before there was no internet with message boards and social media. The park would make an announcement, similar to what they did for Rougarou, on any given day without most people aware of it. It would be heard first on radio, seen on TV, or read in the newspaper. Now there's a strong audience that expects an announcement for an announcement.

TTD 120mph said:
^^And I can see myself being 100% right about a lot of things happening in the "future" for the park. But I can also see myself being 100% wrong. However, I can guarantee the amount of @$%#& I won't give will be 100% in the event of being right or wrong.

There sure has been a lot of "You show me yours, I'll show you mine" going around here lately. I mean, since when does it really matter who's right or wrong? Speculation, as of recently, has been a lot less fun than it has in the past.

I totally agree with your first statement. I honestly don't care if I am right or wrong in regards to the Soak City being all under one gate or not, or anything else that happens... but this is the problem I have had with the progression of the thread and other speculation threads:

A FEW POSTERS: "Hey-- we think Soak City could be added to the gate in the near future.."

RESPONSE: "Shut up, you're wrong its not changing!"

A FEW POSTERS: "Really? I see it as a possibility because of A, B, C."

RESPONSE: "Shut up, you're wrong its not changing!"

A FEW POSTERS: "But what about A, B, C?"

RESPONSE: "Shut up, you're wrong, its not changing, you know nothing about business, you like to argue!"

To me it wasn't a "I'll show you mine, you show me yours"

It was: "Here's mine, if you show me yours I'm going to cut it off!"

Accurate summary, unfortunately the real place you're trying to elicit change are in the mannerisms on these boards. As such, I completely agree with "it's not changing."

Having just reread the thread, your characterization of the discussion is wildly different from my perception of it.

My take:
A FEW POSTERS: "Hey, we think Soak City should be added to the gate in the near future."

RESPONSE: "We think you're wrong, based on A, B, and C.

A FEW POSTERS: "Hey, we think Soak City should be added to the gate in the near future, because other parks do it that way."

RESPONSE: "Not all markets are the same. Also, we think you're wrong, based on A, B, and C."

A FEW POSTERS: "Hey, we still think Soak City should be added to the gate in the near future."

RESPONSE: "We think you're wrong, based on A, B, and C.

And repeat.

Brandon

The problem is, A, B & C were pretty much missing from most posts.

Maybe you see what you want to see? Skimming through the thread, I found at least 11 dissenting points of view complete with reasonable "A, B, & C's" of their own.

It seems that it basically boils down to SC should be expanded and included in the gate, because that's how they do it elsewhere, versus I disagree, because CP/SC is unique, and if it made sense to do so, they would have done it already.

If the latter view is deemed unsubstantiated, I can't see how the former view isn't also.

Brandon

No, those were opinions without much substantiation as to why they are valid.

So too is the "they should expand SC and include it in the gate, because that's how they do it elsewhere" opinion.

Brandon

S0-back to the original topic....I feel the Point Pavilion is a good spot to renovate, and a logical space to keep. It allows the smaller groups/clubs a place to gather, and not have to rent the catering area(potential repeat customers). It provides a quieter area away from the amusements without having to walk to your cars. An added food court would add some (hopefully) different dining options also. Now-Soak City- Inside the park, there are many water rides & 'fountains' the kids can play in. There is also the beach, hotel pools etc. I say clean it up a little as it looks filthy(IMO),from atop Magnum. And scale it down. This will add more potential areas for future growth/expansions. Again, IMO-the same could apply to Challenge Park. Maybe a ticket increase would be needed. But those areas should be included in general admission. It's like showing child a new bike, with no tires, if he wants to ride it, he has to pay extra!

Keep passing the fun along!

CP has done a great job with the entrance and my hope is that they'll continue to focus some of their resources on the front of the park, including the Point Pavilion and the Blue Streak midway.

Speaking of that area, we went back to visit the Magical House on Boo Hill yesterday and I didn't realize that Chickie's and Pete's was back there. I knew that there was one in the park but hadn't really looked to see where it located. We're still newbies in a lot of respects I guess. :)

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service