Rougarou teaser video

Good to see this transformation. I think it is hysterical that so many of us wished for this 5-10 years ago because it would be a better ride (with all the naysayers on this site) and it really happened.

So, Cedar Point will never build two adult rollers coasters in consecutive years. Wrong...Wicked Twister and Dragster.

Cedar Point will not remove Disaster Transport. Ah, wrong.

Mantis will not (and can't) be transformed into a floorless. Ah, wrong again.

So, anyone want to still defend Mean Streak will stay the same in the coming years? That's the last of what was the "absurd" coaster rumors at one point in time.

I really like mavericks restraints. But i really never had a problem with head banging on mantis personally

From Facebook:

"Why can't they leave well enough alone? Floorless isn't much different from inverted, except on a floorless, the track is below you, and they already have an inverted coaster. How watered doen will the floorless be? Really, I just don't understand CP's recent rash of bad decisions...it's really sad."

Gotta love the GP, "it's almost the same except really entirely different.."

thedevariouseffect said:
He knew the whole time! The hotel part, going backstage at Mantis, etc. he knew! ;)

I wouldn't doubt it if he decided those were areas for improvement, in addition to the beach and main entry with GateKeeper, on one of his initial walk-throughs as new CEO. So, yeah, he probably knew what he wanted to see from the beginning...

What I think is hysterical is how many people we have here just to say haha I told ya so...

For all the talk of people saying a conversion couldn't be done, I never read much of that. People weren't saying so much that it couldn't be done, but rather why would it be done? I for one was solidly in the group of people saying why, not that it was impossible, but rather why do it? Due to the fact that it had never been done before I felt there had to be a reason parks and companies like B&M never did it... until today.

Apparently Cedar Point, and B&M feel that changing the trains on the existing track will indeed take care of the problems people had with the ride. B&M would not risk bad relations with CF by selling something they know wouldn't help resolve the issues with the ride, and Cedar Point/Fair surely wouldn't risk the money on the ride if they did not have a reasonable expectation that it would be very successful.

So yea, I was wrong... big deal, ya laugh it off and say cool, maybe Rougarou will indeed be one heck of a ride.

DMan said:
Good to see this transformation. I think it is hysterical that so many of us wished for this 5-10 years ago because it would be a better ride (with all the naysayers on this site) and it really happened.

So, Cedar Point will never build two adult rollers coasters in consecutive years. Wrong...Wicked Twister and Dragster.

Cedar Point will not remove Disaster Transport. Ah, wrong.

Mantis will not (and can't) be transformed into a floorless. Ah, wrong again.

So, anyone want to still defend Mean Streak will stay the same in the coming years? That's the last of what was the "absurd" coaster rumors at one point in time.

So you like to complain about other people saying your wrong, but are just fine with telling other people haha it is hysterical that they were wrong...

Oh the hypocrisy...

Apparently they are already painting it, which is an interesting decision. I would paint it as close to the opening as possible to make it look fresh and new. Who knows how many birds will, well, you know...

With regards to why they didn't go with the new restraints style. Someone on my Facebook page suggested that perhaps the wider trains would have compromised the track/support envelope that was built around the stand up trains.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Kevinj said:
See?

We can change the world.

Jeff's boardwalk should be installed any year now.

:)

Cedar Point just referred to the area along the new Lakeside Pavilion and Hotel Breakers as "The Boardwalk." Basically they're calling it what it is. With the Giant Wheel and other rides there, the area is basically a boardwalk. And with the new pavilion and new Hotel Breakers, the area actually now has a nautical-boardwalk feel to it.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/New-In-2015/Lakeside-Pavilion#panel1-1

What would be nice is for a Boardwalk on the other side of the peninsula, on the marina. Think of tearing down Cedars and replacing that with a Boardwalk-themed hotel and entertainment/shopping district.

There still is more that Ouimet could do with the waterfront. Why do I also seem to remember him saying something about redoing Sandcastle Suites after Hotel Breakers? This would have been even before the official HB announcement last year. Anyone else remember this?

coasterJay said:

The CEO know whats going on? Oh come on now.

Was referring to Jeff moreover..but not sure you got that..no winkie at the end of your post or whatever..

Of course the CEO knew, I bet either this may have been part of the plan prior to him getting in (who knows how much of the Kinzel era stuff is still in effect), or shortly after with gap analysis knew what needed to be done.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I may be reaching here, but Tony did mention on the press release today that 2015 is the year of transformation. What if Rougarou is not the only coaster being transformed next year? What if Mean streak is the future October announcement? Just a thought!

Maverick Crew 08 and 09.

If you read the blog post, sounds like it will be getting some cool lighting and fog effects! I love the use of all the led lights they've been using in these last few years like with Windseeker. That thing looks awesome at night! And like some have pointed out, they are already painting it, and I like the color selection. Hopefully the station gets, at a minimum, a major cleaning and I'd like to see a refresh cosmetically (theme/lighting or what not). I'm also guessing this is the upgrade that was aimed at teens/thrill seekers as well...

Here's to hoping maybe they have one more secret up their sleeve!

Last edited by valcone424,

Also, this.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/RougaBlog

Tony just answered everything.

clevelander said:
This thing NEEDS a speaker at the top of the lift hill with a Werewolf howling sound effect like Banshee at Kings Island!

First off, I want to say that I'm Super HAPPY at the moment! This just made my day when I left work this afternoon! I love how Matt O. understands how guests feel and listens to their concerns about certain areas of rides or what can be Improved upon.

I'm sure when he first came into office, someone in the office told him about this rumor that went on for 14 years. He either laughed about it, or was thinking the same thing we were speculating over all summer of whether or not It can be done and would this fix the issues?

Also Clevelander, I would love that Idea! I know Holiday World has that same sound effect in the area over by Legend and it fits that area well! It also makes sense because of how popular it was with Banshee at Kings Island this year. :)

Oh and based on the blog post, i don't think we will be getting the new style of restraints unfortunately :(

Too many renderings (yes, I know things might change, I'm hopeful they will) of the trains with the classic B&M over the shoulders.

That teal(ish) color they already started painting it with looks great. Makes me wonder if they didn't like the test colors they painted, or if that test paint area really wasn't a test patch and was some sort of a repair.

So I just noticed this.

Anyone else think the color of Rougarou (Orange and Dark Teal) pretty closely matches PointBuzz? (Just look at the logo and color scheme of THIS site)

That might be a not-so-subtle nod to PointBuzz. Major props to the park for listening, if that is in fact the case. That's what the social media conversation is all about anyway!

JeffH said:
So I just noticed this.

Anyone else think the color of Rougarou (Orange and Dark Teal) pretty closely matches PointBuzz? (Just look at the logo and color scheme of THIS site)

That might be a not-so-subtle nod to PointBuzz. Major props to the park for listening, if that is in fact the case. That's what the social media conversation is all about anyway!

You've gotta be kidding me.... you really think that?

I'm personally waiting for Adam G. (TDD 120MPH) to admit that he was wrong all this time when he said "floorless isn't going to happen." ;)

And like Tony said in the recent post. The rendering isn't the tell all. Notice there are not any advancing tires when you leave the station? How are you supposed to get to the lift? They can't change the elevation between station entrance and exit enough to get rid of those.

Keep that in mind when you say "The lift brake is gone!!" or "It's not trimming on the block brake" or any other insane comment you make based on a computer simulation. :)

Last edited by Red Garter Rob,

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

TheMedic said:

JeffH said:
So I just noticed this.

You've gotta be kidding me.... you really think that?

I'm a professional graphic designer and work with color everyday. Everyone gets their color inspiration from somewhere. Whether a conscious decision or not, the colors match.

After all, the park has undoubtedly been referencing these threads for the past few weeks. So why not?

Last edited by JeffH,

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service