Rougarou teaser video

I would love to see three train op on that ride again. Now that they can load faster it will make sense to have the three trains.

This is terrific news! Given what surely will be a dramatically improved riding experience, Rougarou will be a fantastic addition to the park's coaster lineup. Can't wait to try it next year.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

The thing that I've noticed on certain posts is people commenting about the restraints. For a floorless, there really is no need for the vest restraints if you ask me.

Well, how much different is a floorless from a wing coaster? Not that different as far as seating, just where the seats are positioned. So it seems logical that the restraints would perform the same way.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I for one love the new best restraints and hope Rougarou gets them. It's not the end of the world of it doesn't, but I think they would only help the ride experience even more.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Considering all the floorless coasters out there that don't have vests...

Considering all the floorless coasters that opened after B&M first started using the vests... :)

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

This is very exciting news to me! While like others I would love to see something bigger, faster and record breaking, I also love the nostalgia of the older coasters as well.

If this makes the ride a better experience, and more appealing to people, then it will also allow greater ridership, which in turn will keep all of the other lines that much shorter.

I would have been more disturbed if they would have removed it, left a vacant lot for a year or more and put in another round ride.

I am extremely excited about this and can't wait to ride it! :-)

Go CP!

Nancilee Jones

Is the trim brake done?

I don't see why the new trains wouldn't have the vest, all the new rides including Banshee seem to have them. It is probably the new and improved standard design.

This is great news but it will be interesting to see how the restraints turn out. They look ginormous which could be painful on the head / ears. The vest restraints would have been preferable but maybe they require too much horizontal space for this seating configuration.

I would have picked different colors but that's just me.

Like I said before, if it were physically possible, B&M would tell Cedar Point how much it would cost. Money talks. This is probably the easiest way that B&M could ever make extra cash. This isn't even a new ride design. It's something tried and true that I bet they knew many years ago would work on this track. I am glad they finally are doing what many of us had hoped for and many "experts" on here said either wouldn't or couldn't be done. It's one thing to say you don't like an idea or that they might not do something, It's another thing to claim you know they won't do something or why they can't without actual knowledge of ride design or park management.

I think they've got some really great opportunity to play with some very cool theming, and I hope that they do. I'm liking this idea of some howling!

I hope its kind of like how Kings Island added decor to banshee I hope they do this with Rougarou

Banshee was the first invert with the new restraints; the last one before that was OzIris at Parc Astérix in France which had the old restraints. Then again, the first wing coasters arrived in March 2012 with the new restraints while Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India opened with the old restraints in 2013 with the old restraints. Based on the renderings, including of the trains themselves, I'm likely to concede that we will not be getting new restraints. However, B&M could surprise us yet (*fingers crossed*).

if the new trains do not get the new restraints, one of the major complaints about the ride will not be fixed. And that is all the head banging in the second half of the ride, that will not change just because there are floorless trains instead of stand up trains if the restraints are the same.

Agreed 100%. It's the head-banging I cannot stand.

I was just thinking the same thing Pete. I'll test it out once when it's converted, but if it still hurts, then it's still the same unrideable ride for me! I'm really hoping it doesn't because I've always wanted to like Mantis since I really do like the layout of the ride. But a headache all day just isn't worth it.
Also, sadly, I think this is all we are getting next year along with the hotel renovations and maybe a spiced up new food area.

Last edited by Coco,

Jeff said:

When I did the interview with Matt Ouimet a few years ago, he mentioned that trains from B&M were around a million a piece.

He knew the whole time! The hotel part, going backstage at Mantis, etc. he knew! ;)

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:

He knew the whole time! The hotel part, going backstage at Mantis, etc. he knew! ;)

The CEO know whats going on? Oh come on now.

Wait Dicks gone.......

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service