Rougarou teaser video

I'm just glad it's not called King James!!!

Meh, Mantis with floorless trains is still the same ride experience as Mantis with standup trains, you just won't feel it in your legs. It is certainly a good coaster, but I was one of those that liked the stand-up trains and was hoping for something really new if they had to get rid of Mantis. They didn't mention anything about sound, probably still will have the annoying roar.

I also still think the floorless trains are another gimmick, really adds nothing over the B&M sit down trains like those found on Leviathan or Behemoth. Rode Dominator enough and really never noticed the floorless aspect of it. Disappointing in that there is really nothing new, but if putting the new trains on the ride will let more people enjoy it then that certainly is a plus.

As underwhelming as the Mantis announcement is, I'm really excited about Hotel Breakers. It's great to see the place get the love it deserves and I think the final product will be excellent. Might even get a hotel room there on opening weekend next year to experience it, rather than staying on the boat.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I see no reason as to why this couldn't be a 3 train ride. All the new B&Ms, atleast with Cedar Fair, have had three trains. Rougarou is no different. Anyway, this is a much welcomed change. It's another roller coaster that I can ride (rode Mantis years ago and haven't since) and that area should get some sprucing up. I do agree with others, hopefully Iron Dragon can go back to its original color scheme.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

TwistedWicker77 said:
Im also going to say that some if the track will be modified, making the layout longer.

Unless they're now flat-out lying, the only thing changing on the structure is the color:
https://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/New-In-2015/Rougarou

Brandon

Hopefully this makes for a more comfortable ride experience. I also like the new colors.

I don't see anything in the animation but it would be nice if they lightly themed this coaster, much like Banshee at Kings Island. Why talk about the lore of Rougarou if they don't plan on incorporating it in some way?

Last edited by Skippy,

They already released a pov. There's not gonna be a modified track layout

I think the big question is...

SURELY this means they'll be removing the trim break that's on the first drop, right? To me, that would be the best part of the change.

Mark

Last edited by md6379a,

The link to the CP blog doesn't tell me anything about the layout, other than the picture as the cover photo. I expected different from you DJ, considering you're all about jumping on people when they refer to renderings as the real deal.

Invertalon said:

I am SO excited the whole "heartline" issue will finally be laid to rest... It was so obvious it would work, yet people just wanted to believe otherwise.

Of course the whole heartline issue was a none issue. The riding position (where your head is) is the same on B&M stand-up, floorless or floored trains. The seat pedestals on the sit down trains are all elevated to the approximate level of where you would be on a stand-up.

This thing NEEDS a speaker at the top of the lift hill with a Werewolf howling sound effect like Banshee at Kings Island!

TwistedWicker77 said:
The link to the CP blog doesn't tell me anything about the layout, other than the picture as the cover photo. I expected different from you DJ, considering you're all about jumping on people when they refer to renderings as the real deal.

did you look at the pov?

I don't think the layout will be modified TwistedWicker, that's the whole point of the project IMHO. To have something to advertise that is relatively low cost in an otherwise off year for the park itself as far as new attractions. The real news for 2015 of course is Hotel Breakers.

WHO WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG ME

And me...

So do you think this is the thrill ride aimed for teens and thrill seekers or do you think there's more?

Lakeside pavilion is the news!

Hey, I just saw the CP website and they also announced the Lakeside Pavilion on the beach. Looks like a really nice facility.

You people are never happy.

"We want a new ride!!"
"No.. you can't tear down Mantis!!"
"What? The ride is staying and that's all we are getting?"

Wow...

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

TwistedWicker77 said:

That's not a link to the blog. There's a rendering and multiple POVs there that all show the same layout as what currently exists.

And there are things that may change from the rendering. Stuff like theme, landscaping, etc. Layouts are usually very iron-clad.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I could see more from the park, but if I didn't, I'm not going to complain.

I love the teal color for the supports, that looks fantastic. My only concern is the track potentially clashing with Iron Dragons orange supports, but I won't go more on that until I see it in person.

The station is getting a repaint, or at least shows it on the POV, looks to all be white/grey in that video.

Three big things not sure if it's just there being a rendering, they can and have been wrong, but could be interesting to see.

1. It seems to FLY through the MCBR now, not sure if that's true will have to compare with another vid, maybe sync them up later

2. I see magnetic brakes at the beginning of the safety brakes

3. No trim brake on the first drop

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service