Ahhhh, no rollercoaster renaming :)

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

MaverickLaunch said:
Great that it's a charity thing.

Lame that they hyped it up beforehand.

TheEternalQuestioner said:
Strike 2, Cedar Point. Strike 2.

Hopefully the next words out of the mouths of their PR team is a real 2015 announcement, or season passes will be cancelled left and right.

Oh, please. You're being pretty dramatic.

The park didn't hype this up - they simply said they'd make an announcement regarding the whole James-Cavs thing. There was never any indication that what they were announcing had anything to do with whatever may be coming next year.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Umm.. CP... you there? good... Are you ok?

I'm sure some things I said are on track, but most are off track, for the record
to-do list 1-7 CPRBGCB=cedar point record breaking giga coaster build

Actually, I'm pretty happy about this. I'm still holding on to some hope that something cool is coming for 2015 that doesn't have anything to do with LJ!!

"Additionally, next spring, Cedar Point will hold a first ride auction with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the LeBron James Family Foundation."

Well, IMO that pretty much solidifies that we will be getting a new ride of SOME type for 2015...

Hmmm, first ride auction next Spring? Maybe Mantis is getting renamed to King James afterall.

"Additionally, next spring, Cedar Point will hold a first ride auction with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the LeBron James Family Foundation."

Aren't first ride auctions usually held when a new ride opens? :)

Christ you people are insufferable

I told you guys it wasn't going to be about Mantis or 2015!! No one listened.

Yeah, I wouldn't say they "hyped" this announcement. People just need to chill a little bit. They obviously have a reason for their timeline. At least in this release they announced that something "new" will be there next season. Or am I the only one that caught that?

Edit: Dang, JSmith beat me to it. :)

Last edited by Bret,

Thabto said:
...they built up hype...

One or two tweets constitutes "hype"?

You folks live in a strange alternate universe where your hopes cloud your better judgment.

Brandon

TheEternalQuestioner said:
Strike 2, Cedar Point. Strike 2.

What happens at strike 3 Questioner? You go away??

Well done, Cedar Point and Lebron James foundation.

I would say Lebron and people did not want their brand or name on a ride, otherwise they would've taken them up on their offer. Very happy.

This is a great solution. We keep our iconic names, yet 1,000's of kids will benefit from a trip to Cedar Point that they otherwise would not have had.

Holy crap, people, why are you complaining about this? It's a good thing. Some people are never, ever happy with anything.

I don't think its dramatic to say they overhyped this a bit. I would feel differently if they had left out the "bigger and better" part of the tweet and just said they were going to have an announcement about LeBron James. When they are getting close to making a 2015 announcement what else do they think people are going to expect with the choice of those words? I'm all for a bit of teasing and playing this thing out but I feel misled and thats never good for positive feelings about the park.

Last edited by dcpoint,

Bret said:
At least in this release they announced that something "new" will be there next season.

Technically, they only said "first ride auction", so they could be offering first rides on a revamped attraction.

Brandon

You'd have to be pretty damn shallow to cancel your membership after the announcement of a partnership with a charity.

Ride auction for the newly remodified/renamed Mantis when it gets turned into a floorless. That's my bet.

djDaemon said:

Thabto said:
...they built up hype...

One or two tweets constitutes "hype"?

You folks live in a strange alternate universe where your hopes cloud your better judgment.

You must've been quick because I deleted that post within a few seconds. But I didn't think they needed to make an announcement of an announcement for this. I like that there is no rename but they are instead using this to support a cause which is a better alternative. Additionally, there was a teaser in there for a 2015 ride.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service