King James Announcement 9/16

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:15 AM

You know who ain't spending no money at CP. Peoples who dropped out of school. Without a high school diploma you can't get a good job. You won't be spending $1000 a year at CP. I think this is good for them in many ways. I don't see CF going anywhere. They have the oppertunity to make a difference and eventually profit from it.

There is a big difference when a person gives his own money away and when a corporation gives money away. this is just my opinion keep in mind. But when a person gives they usually do it humbly not looking for recognition. But companies like CP and the one I work for have people who like to make a big deal about what they give away. Rightfully so because what they can do dwarfs what one person can give. The people who do the boasting don't really give the contribution they just work for the company.

I hope it has lots of inversions and is 10 minutes long or I will cancel my plans on buying my passes.

+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:06 AM
Kevinj's avatar

I'm proud to be a Cedar Point fan today, and my only reaction to this announcement was a big smile on my face. Most people outside of NE Ohio (and most likely most people that live in NE Ohio) have never heard of this foundation. Further, most people are ignorant to how much Lebron's foundation (and Lebron himself) has given back to his hometown, even in the face of of all the ridiculous "hatred" spewed his way since he left the Cavs. Many aren't even aware that all the while he still called Akron home.

It's a very classy move by the park, and it was an equally classy move by Lebron to request that a ride not be dubbed King James. It's not about him, it's about the kids. This message was lost in his "announcement" years ago, and this is just another step in a positive direction.

Wonderful move, Cedar Point, and the LBJ Foundation.

I have absolutely no comment towards the children whose day and/or vacation plans for next year were somehow negatively impacted by such a positive moment.

Last edited by Kevinj, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:26 AM

Promoter of fog.

+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:49 AM
Bret's avatar

Well said Kevin

+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:51 AM
TTD 120mph's avatar

redsfan said:
You know who ain't spending no money at CP. Peoples who dropped out of school.

Might want to give those 2 sentences another look over. ;)


-Adam G-
Former title: Biggest Dragster nerd
Current title: Biggest Sir Rub a Dub's Tubs nerd

+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:55 AM

TTD 120mph said:


redsfan said:
You know who ain't spending no money at CP. Peoples who dropped out of school.

Might want to give those 2 sentences another look over. ;)

I think he was being facetious. But saying it is a good idea to help the kids he is actually making fun of....that's a little odd.

Last edited by CrankItUp, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:57 AM
+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:36 PM

redsfan was making a statement and a good one.

Kevin, I agree. Well said.

+0
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:20 PM

Kevinj said:
I'm proud to be a Cedar Point fan today, and my only reaction to this announcement was a big smile on my face. Most people outside of NE Ohio (and most likely most people that live in NE Ohio) have never heard of this foundation. Further, most people are ignorant to how much Lebron's foundation (and Lebron himself) has given back to his hometown, even in the face of of all the ridiculous "hatred" spewed his way since he left the Cavs. Many aren't even aware that all the while he still called Akron home.

It's a very classy move by the park, and it was an equally classy move by Lebron to request that a ride not be dubbed King James. It's not about him, it's about the kids. This message was lost in his "announcement" years ago, and this is just another step in a positive direction.

Wonderful move, Cedar Point, and the LBJ Foundation.

I have absolutely no comment towards the children whose day and/or vacation plans for next year were somehow negatively impacted by such a positive moment.

Nailed it! On another note, since the smoke has cleared from the announcement... First ride auction in the spring of 2015, CP will send 100% of the proceeds to the LJF Foundation! This could be a HUGE donation to this cause, and all depending on CP2015's magnitude!?? It's CP's move, what will people be bidding on in the spring to benefit this Foundation???

Last edited by WishfulThinker83, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:22 PM
+0
Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:36 AM

Yeah I made a few spelling errors to entice someone to correct them. Knowing that if your read my post you'd understand what I was saying. I wasn't trying to make fun of the less fortunate just the people who'll jump to discredit what your saying because you misspelled a word.

Notice I spelled all the words right after my initial point and also in this post.

I think it's great that a company that profits off of indiscretionary spending is helping raise the bar for children who could very easily follow in the same path as their role models. If they reach half of these 3rd graders before it's too late they will eventually have new customers which is obviously the goal. A new coaster only influences new guests for a year. All of these children need to see how the other half live before it is too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-8Poz8VcQ

I just went and seen these guys in Cincinnati last weekend. Was pretty awesome. I haven't been to an amusement park at all so far this year. Going to KI this weekend and CP soon. But have been to 3 concerts this year. That's 3 more than I've been to in the last 5-7 years.

Last edited by redsfan, Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:39 AM
+0
Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:09 AM
Pete's avatar

I agree that the benefit is that the less fortunate kids see how the other half lives and that it will motivate them to find a good place in life. I'm not that jaded however to think that the motivation behind this is to get new customers down the road. I think that is a little ridiculous to tell you the truth. I think the motivation behind this really is charity and a way to partner with the Lebron James Foundation for the benefit of kids. Plus, of course, for the positive publicity.


I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

+0

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2021, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service