King James Announcement 9/16

Isn't it funny how they just get inside your heads and make them spin?

Oh the possibilities!

Just enjoy the ride.

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
Isn't it funny how they just get inside your heads and make them spin?

Oh the possibilities!

Just enjoy the ride.

All part of the fun! I love it!

Maybe they're adding a new funnel ride to Soak City where the raft looks like a basketball and the funnel is painted to look like a net. :)

I hope that they are enlarging the opening of the basketball hoops. We definitely need more baskets balls being dribbled about.

Holy Mysteries Batman....Is the Riddler on marketing staff now? King James is a cool name if you wanna look at it biblically or Historically. Can't be worse than MF, WT, or Dragster..which all grew on me. Hope they do not disappoint us again!

Wznm

StealthPirate07 said:

jsmith7300 said:
It's bigger.
It's better.
It's our news on King James.

Maybe this just means that the "news" is bigger and better than the news about Mantis.

Agreed, my initial thought on the first page I said it wasn't about Mantis or 2015 until someone reminded me of the bigger/better statement. It doesn't necessarily have to mean a change to a ride size or anything. Cavs season is about to begin soon and it would be moot point to do something in May when playoffs are in full swing. Maybe there will be a party one Saturday where Lebron is at Cedar Point to rename a ride and there is a special deal where you buy a ticket and get a cavs shirt or tickets (if they aren't sold out). It makes more sense to do the whole Cedar Point and Cavs thing play out now.

The whole "bigger" and "better" thing may have also just been a nod to the whole iPhone-mania from last week. ;)

Why does everyone think it will be "King James"? I think "Flight 23" would be much better and is my prediction.

^ I like that name for a coaster better.

However, I would like a "Bigger" and "Better" Causeway, and I wouldn't care if they named it the King James Causeway

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'd like trams from off-point parking and restoring boat service from DT Sandusky...even a Jet Express deal landing at the Marina.

Wonder if Lebron would be too big to ride his own ride? LOL you gotta feel for the people who can't ride, due to their size! :(

The whole bigger and better thing sounds like a mean streak rmc but of course six flags uses that term for that

SV ruins all other rides.

XS NightClub said:
^ I like that name for a coaster better.

However, I would like a "Bigger" and "Better" Causeway, and I wouldn't care if they named it the King James Causeway

No way, they could never take Mr. Kinzel's name off of the causeway... That's his causeway, he deserves it and he earned it, not Lebron. :)

XS NightClub said:

Its the Dick Kinzel causeway - sorry cant change it now.

My prediction is that it's going to have something to do with Mean Streak.

jsmith7300 said:
Maybe they're adding a new funnel ride to Soak City where the raft looks like a basketball and the funnel is painted to look like a net. :)

"Bigger" and "better" certainly could apply to a Soak City expansion. Maybe rename it Wildwater Kingdom and have James be it's king? Ha

But I also don't see this announcement being about Mantis. Unless, as others have said, the park plans to rename Mantis "King James" for the final two weekends of operation (though I'm not sure how that would make the ride "bigger").

Thrills Around the Corner!

^^ I was thinking the same thing.
Believe it or not, some people ARE flocking to get their last rides in on Mantis. It had an hour and a half wait this past Saturday in the afternoon. Even saw a big line for Mean Streak. The park was very crowded though due to Halloweekends. Guess we'll know tomorrow.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Would they really rename Mantis to Kings James and have that silver and green test paint we saw? To me those puzzle pieces don't fit.

I love the connection the park has with the Peanuts characters and in turn the work of Charles Schulz , but I do not find any charm in the connection to the NBA.This whole King James things baffles me.
Maybe its more about the top brass schmoozing with the cavs folks.
Maybe even the begining of sponsored rides as a new revenue stream. The Pepsi Rip Saw coaster at Mall of America comes to mind. Mean Streak by Joes chiropractic. or Shoot The Rapids by Milk Dudds.

Last edited by jo linn,

Im sorry but you all are wrong
1. The coaster is not going to be called King James.
2. If Mantis stays i bet the coaster will not be green.

You could have something going there now that I think about it. Watch something happen like "And our news on King James is…It's not happening! We have something Bigger and Better for you! Be sure to visit the park on October 19th!" I don't know if the park would do that or not, but its just something I have been considering.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service