King James Announcement 9/16

Kevinj said:

People are interested in what's coming, but they don't need to even leave their couch to find out what that might be. Drumming up interest to come to the park would be saying "be at the park on October 19th to find out what's coming".

Then why announce that Mantis will be no more and invite people to come get "one last stand" if they aren't trying to drum up interest. If they wanted everyone at the park on the 19th to announce what is going on they would say that. The park has a strategy for these things. That is why they did that video. People who want to come and ride it are going to. We had a bunch of people ask us on Friday what was going on with it.

StealthPirate07 said:
I just don't see them giving up the opportunity to bring more people in just to ruin it by saying, "Mantis is just changing"

I don't think that would be much of an affect, people would still want their last ride standing

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Scottyf said:
^ Is it just me or did you just take sound (word?) bytes from every post in the last 3 months to compile that post.

Its not you.:)

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Also, is it just me, or is the name "Mantis" already a pretty boss sounding name for a coaster? I've always thought the ride logo was one of the park's coolest, and I always liked to sketch it on my free time. Actually, a lot of the old rides logos were sweet, DT's,Wildcat's…okay I'll shut up now.

This King James announcement is on the 16th. Mantis (as we know it) will stop operating on the 19th. I think its unrelated.

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

^The announcement is 9/16. Mantis closes 10/19.

^Oh wow, sorry guys, thanks for the correction.

Last edited by MaverickForce95,

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

I have a hard time believing this is about Mantis, too. Just because of the timing of the announcement.

Right now the focus the park is putting on Mantis is to remember the ride, celebrate the ride, etc. Announcing its replacement or change/transformation, whatever, seems premature. It will take away from remembering Mantis for Mantis.

I always assumed the announcement for whatever is happening to Mantis would take place after 10/19. The same happened with Disaster Transport. We celebrated the last rides and the park let us have our final goodbyes before Gatekeeper was announced.

Tony and Bryan did say they were working on multiple press releases.

I say Dragster or another high profile coaster gets renamed for the rest of the season. I could be wrong. I just feel as though if it has to do with Mantis they should wait until after 10/19.

Whatever it is, it's not the Lebron side of it..I just don't like the name King James..

Hey guys lets go ride King James!

Sounds about as bad as "I'm riding Judy K"

Just sounds weird, I'll take Gatekeeper, Maverick, etc.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

It's bigger.
It's better.
It's our news on King James.

Maybe this just means that the "news" is bigger and better than the news about Mantis.

jsmith7300 said:
It's bigger.
It's better.

Maybe this just means that the "news" is bigger and better than the news about Mantis.

Anytime a park announces the removal of a coaster it's big news, especially Cedar Point!

Joking. Won't be hard to have bigger or better news than an announcement of a ride closure and nothing else.

thedevariouseffect said:
Sounds about as bad as "I'm riding Judy K"

Dick wouldn't like that at all.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Kevinj said:

...but I'll happily pass on giving Mantis anymore of my time...or my sperm.

Now that's one on-ride photo I don't want to see... ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

jsmith7300 said:
It's bigger.
It's better.

Agreed, my initial thought on the first page I said it wasn't about Mantis or 2015 until someone reminded me of the bigger/better statement. It doesn't necessarily have to mean a change to a ride size or anything. Cavs season is about to begin soon and it would be moot point to do something in May when playoffs are in full swing. Maybe there will be a party one Saturday where Lebron is at Cedar Point to rename a ride and there is a special deal where you buy a ticket and get a cavs shirt or tickets (if they aren't sold out). It makes more sense to do the whole Cedar Point and Cavs thing play out now.

Ensign Smith said:

Kevinj said:

...but I'll happily pass on giving Mantis anymore of my time...or my sperm.

Now that's one on-ride photo I don't want to see... ;)

Don't just take my word for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Promoter of fog.

I very nearly referenced Python...great minds, eh?

Why do you want Mantis to be transformed? I dont. The ride wouldnt be much better. The whole King James thing confuses me. With this being a non operating day maybe the video will have Lebron telling us updates on whatever cedar point is doin. But Idk im not like the rest of you who know there facts and what can and cant happen. All I want is something "bigger and better"

*cough*that's what she said*cough

...I still find it hard to believe the park would re-name a ride for this fellow, at least on a permanent basis. What if he leaves Cleveland again? What if he, well, does something immoral?

..."it's bigger! It's better! It's our news..." What if that means their news is "bigger" and "better" than re-naming a ride?

"It's Bigger."
"It's Better."
Hmm, maybe they are making Mean Streak ultra-tall and rough, so extreme, in fact, that it can make you get knocked unconscious. Then they can re-name it Ray Rice. (Okay, sorry but that was a terrible joke).
But really, I still see King James not being related to Mantis in any way, and its going to be Mean Streak to get a new name and (maybe) a refurbishment.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service