Point Pavilion

Since we have opened up a new forum for 2015, thought I would post this here:

The markings by Raptor's photo booth/bathrooms and throughout Point Pavilion can't be denied. The lack of a haunt in this location further strengthens the rumor that something indeed is going here.

I believe the park will add a new catering pavilion similar to what was announced recently at California's Great America. The venue will essentially be an updated catering facility.

Another possibility is the park will add a food court venue similar to what was recently added at Carowinds (Harmony Hall). The venue would feature live entertainment and a variety of quick serve food and drink options. I think this would be a welcome addition.

We could also see a combination of these two concepts appear. Either way, I believe there is no ride going where Point Pavilion is located.

What do you think?

I absolutely agree. I've been saying since the rumor mill started, that no matter what new attraction we get, they will also do a brand new pavilion or indoor eating area. Cedar Point is a beautiful looking amusement park, but that pavilion doesn't fit the standards of the rest of Cedar Point. It's a dump in comparison.

Top 5: (1) Superman the Ride (2) Millennium Force (3) Maverick (4) Leviathan (5) Diamondback

They had some signs posted in the Coral Courtyard recently during the last weekend that explained what the plans were.

It's pretty much just a refresh of what is already there.
Though the plans they showed for Coral Courtyard are a lot more ambitious.

I think I may have pictures somewhere but would have to search for them.

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

Or those markings could just have been for something simple like new, or repaired underground infrastructure. Remember you have to call before you dig, thus the markings.

Hotel Breakers is also right next to Coral Courtyard. I figured the gas line markings were for that. Where were these signs? I clearly missed them.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

I believe the park will add a new catering pavilion similar to what was announced recently at California's Great America. The venue will essentially be an updated catering facility.

It has been a long time since I've visited CP so I don't really know how the picnic area is configured these days. Back in 74-77 I worked in CP catering and managed all of the company picnics and such. I got to know the CP Police Chief well because of how often my ID got pulled for speeding in the company truck on Perimeter Rd! It was simply necessary in order to get the job done hustling food, ice, etc. from the Main Kitchen out to the picnic area. A catering building with an ice machine and staging area would have been WONDERFUL back then!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Fear Faire previously in (or under...) Point Pavilion? If so, that haunt isn't happening this year (and is not being replaced as far as location goes). Could that also point to the fact that some sort of renovation is happening?

I am wondering if there is something going in with the pavilion also, even though Fear Faire won't be in there this year. When I was there yesterday, everything had been removed from inside the pavilion, and it looked like it was being prepped for some sort of renovation or something.

Well, the picnic shelters typically get enclosed and transformed into workshops during the off season.

I have heard an interesting rumor, though, of a ride or two being installed in the area now occupied by Point Pavilion. Not new rides, though. And given one of the things they did in 2014, it kind of makes sense...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

That used to be the case but do they still do on-Point off-season maintenance since they bought the off-Point maintenance facility?

^^What rides are rumored to go there?

Granted I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but it's still interesting.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Has anyone heard anymore rumors of the potential of Challenge Park moving to this area? There obviously is something going on over there, even if it's just a new pavilion.

Why do you say that something is "obviously" occurring on the Point Pavilion site, got any photographic evidence?

Just the pics from earlier this summer marking water/electric lines and the lack of Fear Fair....

I highly doubt Challenge park is moving there.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It's not the wildest speculation that has appeared here. I think that the Challenge Park elements will be interspersed within the park, and the current Challenge Park will be engulfed by CP proper with a big coaster in that place, moving the gate out to the SC parking lot, while at the same time, including SC as part of the general admission.

RideMan said:
Well, the picnic shelters typically get enclosed and transformed into workshops during the off season.

I have heard an interesting rumor, though, of a ride or two being installed in the area now occupied by Point Pavilion. Not new rides, though. And given one of the things they did in 2014, it kind of makes sense...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

I heard almost the exact same rumor, but I didn't hear about the PP location...rather a little more up the midway

I believe that moving the challenge park attractions, whether or not its in the Point Pavilion location, would be a great move. Ripcord and Skyscraper are safe.

The attractions I specifically wonder about are the go karts and the minigolf. Do we have any hard facts on whether these two attractions are popular? While I see a place for minigolf, it might do better inside the park's gate, rather than outside of it. Same can be said about the gokarts, although it seems chain wide most parks are getting rid of the gokarts.

There is still a possibility that this may happen for 2015, as this wouldn't need to be announced as something "new".

The opened area could be used to expand either Cedar Point or Soak City. A new entrance plaza for both parks would be nice as well, as most resort guests enter through the Magnum gate.

Yes, the go-karts are still popular. I still ride them when I go up and there's always a few people each time. But I'm not sure how the CP attractions will do inside the park. I think they draw in alot of resort guests at night.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If SC is added to the general admission then I would expect ticket prices to increase.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service