BESIDES Mantis what else for 2015?

WishfulThinker83 said:
Heck there's a beer stand on every corner of every Disney Park and they all take the card LOL!

Not quite. No alcohol sold at all inside Magic Kingdom.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^False. I know Be Our Guest at the Magic Kingdom serves beer and wine.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

^ That's the only one, and you can't leave the restaurant with it.

^I know, but it's still there. I also believe it is only served during dinner right? Either way, alcohol has broken into the Magic Kingdom.

I guess nobody gets evicted from the park like Gaston.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:
I guess nobody gets evicted from the park like Gaston.

I see what you did there.

JuggaLotus you may be right, but like I said earlier... It was a very rough vacation to remember, but it was back in 2006 so maybe some rules were different then? I don't know lol, but I do remember it all being a blast!

WishfulThinker83 said:
I went to every park and had a hotel room key that could be used as credit card, which I would just be billed at the time I checkout. I was young and in my partying days and I'll tell you what... Disney made it pretty easy...

It's even easier now with MagicBands.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The park has a live video cam zoomed in on the "Dodgem" sign. Looks to be a hint/false hint!

Last edited by Bigmal,

Bigmal said:
The park has a live video cam zoomed in on the "Dodgem" sign. Looks to be a hint/false hint!

The camera also sometimes shows great views of Lake Erie. Clearly a sign Cedar Point is sinking into the water.

WishfulThinker83 said:
JuggaLotus you may be right, but like I said earlier... It was a very rough vacation to remember, but it was back in 2006 so maybe some rules were different then? I don't know lol, but I do remember it all being a blast!

Maybe you were thinking of the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I've been silently following off and on since about 2002 when Dragster was in the process of being built and Cedar Point was being sly about it then...

And I haven't been this excited for a new addition since!
The fact that CP is teasing so much really, really makes me think it is something big.

This tweet from Tony went out a few days before the Mantis announcement:
https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/506467064803254272

He said right in there "Relocate Mantis." I don't think he would have said that if it wasn't true...or at least he wouldn't have picked something so close to the truth.
Add that to Dorney Park's tweet the day off: #WeStandUpwithCP

Jason McClure, Brian Edwards, and Tony Clark have all tweeted #HighNoon. I don't think that was just referring to the time of the announcement. Brian Edwards also mentioned we wouldn't be in the dark after the announcement. Mantis will be relocated, not demolished. And something with a Western theme ("High Noon"?), geared for thrill seekers will take its place.

But there's also been a lot of talk by Tony Clark about the 5 year plan. 5 years from 2015 is 2020, the 150th anniversary of Cedar Point. Cedar Point has been positioning itself very recently with the front gate renovation, Hotel Breakers renovation and LightHouse Point expansion for a big change in how it views itself.

This could be really crazy, but might CP be about to announce a second park on site? A few days ago Tony did a fun tweetup about the possible layout of the new attraction. Afterwards, he tweeted this, mentioning a giant parking structure and monorail.
https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/507223882257137665

The current parking lot would be able to fit a new theme park the size of the Gemini midway to Frontiertown and the frontier trail. About 63 acres give or take.

It could take up to 5 years to build a parking structure (possibly on the mainland), and construct a new park. This also allows them to add an Aquatrax coaster, go over 500ft, and pretty much do everything else Tony was teasing about. But my hopeful thinking says this might be CP's transition to a major resort destination. And what better time to do it than the 150th?

Jeff H.

Last edited by JeffH,

Hypothetical question and a bit off the subject? If CP in the future were to have RMC give the treatment to one of it's coasters, could we have it all wrong with our coaster choice? Could it be our present hybrid? The Gemini has a similar layout to Colossus with the racer track and not so steep lift hill/drop, it may be a better choice and more suitable location for a ride of that kind? Not to mention it's high capacity potential, with a 2nd lift hill and a longer ride time? Anyways I'm even more curious as to what will be done with Mean Streak in the future, if anything? Does CP keep it, continue to try and improve it or give it the boot eventually?

Last edited by WishfulThinker83,

I know something that is going to happen fo dragster for the 2015 season!

TopThrillBrendan

JeffH said:.
This tweet from Tony went out a few days before the Mantis announcement:
https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/506467064803254272

He said right in there "Relocate Mantis." I don't think he would have said that if it wasn't true...or at least he wouldn't have picked something so close to the truth.
Add that to Dorney Park's tweet the day off: #WeStandUpwithCP

Jason McClure, Brian Edwards, and Tony Clark have all tweeted #HighNoon. I don't think that was just referring to the time of the announcement. Brian Edwards also mentioned we wouldn't be in the dark after the announcement. Mantis will be relocated, not demolished. And something with a Western theme ("High Noon"?), geared for thrill seekers will take its place.
Jeff H.

First off, all of the things on that list have been thrown around on Pointbuzz for the past couple of years, so it's most likely just a tease(as usual). Now, I'm not saying the "relocate Mantis" thing can't be done, but I've thought about it quite a bit, and as much as I hate to say it, I think it's time to let it go. Now, as for your idea on the High Noon/Aquatrax thing, I can see this being likely. I can see a new Aquatrax/Bayou themed ride being installed where Mantis is now, and it will fit well with its location near the lagoon, and being next to the entrance of the Frontier Trail. But right now, I honestly have to say, (and I cannot believe I'm saying this), I don't really care.:(

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Camden Park's Enterprise slammed to the ground while in motion, resulting in many injuries.

I was at Kings Island and witnessed their Skylab (Giant Enterprise) stop while in its upright position. To answer Wayne B.'s not so stupid question, the riders who were in the most trouble were the ones who were facing down. It appeared the ride stopped abruptly, so due to the fact there were no seatbelts some of the riders did a pretty good face plant. The ride was stuck in that position for a while. The cars (which were long, double seat cars) righted themselves at the top and the bottom, and the riders on the way up rested on their backs. The riders facing down had to turn or brace themselves to keep from falling forward.

There are so many interesting suggestions on here, it's insane. I am happy to see Mantis go and really, if they were just "redesigning" or "re-purposing" the ride why would the CP website say that the ride will be gone for good? It is in a very neat location and I can see a lot of ideas for a replacement ride.

As far as new additions are concerned, it would be exciting to have a new dark ride in the park. Just the idea of the unexpected gets my adrenaline pumping. :-) My last ride on DT was in 2011 and my first ride was (sadly) not until 2007 or so. I would have LOVED to see Disaster Transport in it's glory days! I'm all for a new, mysterious dark ride.

Really if you ask me i dont think keeping mantis and changing its paint and name will really bring back the popularity. If you ask me a ride isnt new if they dont change the track. I think Cedar Point will not release a new ride for 2015 unless they open it up later in the summer. I think if they tear mantis down it will be like Kings Island where there was a big empty space and will build a ride for 2016. But who knows, I was shocked by mantis closing so who knows what else Tony Clark and Cedar Point will throw at us.

And also there is no way a dark ride is coming this year and disaster transport wasnt that great. And I dont know about you but has anyone thought about what a coaster after lebron would be named? For starters if you ask me to imagine a roller coaster called "THE KING" I think of big things. Maybe the clearance of mantis means good for the future.

Holy sweet jesus, now you're suggesting they pull a Disneyland and build another park in their parking lot? How would anyone get to the original park?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service