Bon Aire section and other exterior changes to Hotel Breakers

That's the way I thought the new entrance was going to be. With the new covered driveway area being close to where the existing small parking areas are on either side of the hallway.

Thanks for the information about the 2015 completion as well.

I believe the pool removal has been discussed long before these renderings...ever since they opened the Rotunda pool, the number one complaint has been noise at night -- as people return from the park to their rooms, others go directly to the pool and precede to scream and shout, get drunk, get louder and louder -- 10 feet away from hotel rooms where nothing separates those trying to sleep from the pool but pane glass. Because of the v-shape of the hallways, the sound echoes and travels upwards making every room facing that pool miserable at night until well after midnight...

I think the pool's days were numbered with or without a renovation. No way to post photos here, but I have photos from a trip a few years ago where tanners are lounging on chairs 1 foot away from my first floor Main section room window....

Last edited by RonAnnArbor,

I think that's a lot of conjecture around an issue that arguably affected few people. I have a hard time believing it would be that big of an issue over the ridiculous noise of those air conditioners.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Here's a link to the rendering..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=677090602384048&set=vb.3499285...=2&theater

First rollback on Dragster July 23 2003 since then 15

I can't get over it. The pool was one of the reasons we stay at the Breakers. My son is going to be devastated.

coasterjohnh said:
My son is going to be devastated.

Hmm, I wonder why he'd react so irrationally.

I can't get over it.

Ah.

They are still going to have a pool, so maybe you're, you know, over reacting?

Brandon

Overreacting? on Pointbuzz?? Nooooo...

The Breakers East pool will, of course, still be there. And they promised more amenities for the pool area so it will probably be a nice place to be.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

The hotel has 3 pools now and a water park right next to it. One less pool will be just fine for those who visit the hotel next year.

^But you gotta pay to go to Soak City...

A few notes after watching the rendering video:

I dig the carousel horses in the lobby. That's a nice touch.

Is that a Starbucks logo in the Rotunda? My wife was super excited about Starbucks in the park. If she can get her fix on the way to the park, even better.

I like the new design of the rooms. But yes, hotel comforters are nasty.

Pool is going away? Take it or leave it. We bring all our swimming gear every time we visit and never wind up in the pool anyway.

Sad to see the Bon Aire section go, if only for the fact it was a cheaper option to stay on property. Hopefully this remodel & reduction of rooms doesn't jack the room rates up too much, it was already pretty pricey!

Looks like Millennium Force got some serious reprofiling work done!

ROUNDABOUND.

I'm excited to see what kind of amenities they can bring to Breakers East pool. I'm still hoping for a location to order drinks and food service. Also, I love the hot tub in the rotunda pool with the rock backdrop. I really hope they could incorporate that into the other pool area as well. Just a personal preference.

Anyone else think they should add a workout area? Take out the indoor pool and make it a workout room.

In general, when I travel, a workout room is a plus. At the Breakers, though, I think the pool is a better fit.

The indoor pool is great for Halloweekends! Nobody wants to swim outside in the middle of October when temperatures reach in the 40s. However, I was just thinking about Breakers having a workout room the other day when I was there. It would be a great added benefit.

When I booked my Hotel Breakers Room, it said "The Hotel Breakers Main Section Pool and Hot Tub will be closed beginning Monday, August 19, 2014". This is the indoor pool, does anyone know why?

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

The main section of Breakers are the wings that form the Y. These wings are off each side of the Rotunda. The main section pool and hot tub would be the outdoor pool located inbetween the Y wings off the Rotunda.

I could only guess that they might be closing the pool area early this year for removing it so the exterior work on the main section can get an earlier start.

August 19th is a Tuesday. Monday is August 18th.

RonAnnArbor said:
I believe the pool removal has been discussed long before these renderings...ever since they opened the Rotunda pool, the number one complaint has been noise at night -- as people return from the park to their rooms, others go directly to the pool and precede to scream and shout, get drunk, get louder and louder -- 10 feet away from hotel rooms where nothing separates those trying to sleep from the pool but pane glass. Because of the v-shape of the hallways, the sound echoes and travels upwards making every room facing that pool miserable at night until well after midnight...

I think the pool's days were numbered with or without a renovation. No way to post photos here, but I have photos from a trip a few years ago where tanners are lounging on chairs 1 foot away from my first floor Main section room window....

I had a similar experience with rooms in that section back in '07, except that I was on the second floor about a foot below those on that deck area but with a window looking down into my room. Needless to say, I had the curtain closed the entire weekend. Something needed to be done here and I'm glad about this change.

Right now the only worries I have are A) they still won't renovate the whole of the rotunda for guest rooms for some ungodly reason B) the beds, oh lawd, the beds.

Come on, Breakers cannot not have a pool. A pool is a pretty standard amenity of any decent hotel. Now, it might not be three pools, but I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one indoor and one outdoor pool.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service