Bon Aire section and other exterior changes to Hotel Breakers

I thought they looked a little childish too, in certain areas. The red chair and mirror with the white desk looks like something that would belong in a Snoopy suite. I love the Giant Wheel as the head boards, but think it would be cool if they featured a different ride on each room's headboard. I'm a little saddened by the thought of the rotunda pool and spa tubs being removed. That area has so much potential rather than a green area IMO

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

I don't think there is anything "modern" looking about the current rooms.

I'm talking about the wooden frames on the beds and the wooden dressers in the East and tower sections.

I wouldn't really call those modern, they seem to be an early '90s take on colonial style. They definitely need updating.

I like the new room design, what I would change though is get rid of the bedspread for an all white duvet with maybe a red accent piece. Bedspreads seem to be on the way out in many hotels and are no longer contemporary.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Well, I think the new room looks great... I must also admit I have zero fashion or decorating sense, and my wife will back me up on that one! Contemporary, modern, antique... no idea what I'd call it other than a huge improvement over what is there now.

Is there a link to this video rendering anywhere? I'm in Florida... a little far to make a trip to the Breakers lobby to check out the video. Probably won't get to the Point til Halloweekends this year.

I'm surprised and disappointed by the removal of the Rotunda pool as well. It was such a great addition when it was added, and I loved taking a dip in the Jacuzzi every night with a view of the beach sandwiched between the remainder of the original historic hotel.

Hopefully they will replace it.

And hopefully they will put something far more beautiful ad functional than a parking lot in place of Bon-Aire. Why do you need more parking when you're slashing the number of rooms anyway?

I feel like if anything replacing it with parking and also replacing the front pools with green space could both be placeholders. A well-landscaped lawn in front of the rotunda could definitely look nice though.

"Cedar Point doesn't have any trees or grass, it's a big concrete jungle."

"WHAT?! They're removing a pool and putting in trees and grass!?"

There is no having your cake and eating it, too.

If the Bon Air section is torn down then three pools at Breakers aren't really necessary.

I'm still of the mindset that it is time to get away from the bedspreads. There are better options today and seeing as the bedspreads were only washed 2-3 times per summer...there are cleaner options as well.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Eh, I don't know, Breakers is pretty big and the two outdoor pools are usually pretty crowded. I mean in all honesty in the indoor pool even used that much?

I think they should scrap that pool first before the other two.

Last edited by CPboy77,

If they had duvets over a comforter they could put on a freshly washed duvet each time a guest checks in. Much more sanitary than bedspreads. Who knows, those rooms are only prototypes, things can change. BTW, are the prototype rooms the two rooms with the blue doors at Breakers East?

Last edited by Pete,

Yeah, I'm all for them getting rid of comforters all together. I worked at 2 separate hotels and I know for a fact that those dirty comforters do not get washed after every use. Not to mention how fresh the rooms would look without them.

is the Hotel Breakers outdoor pool and spa being removed??

According to the video playing in the Breakers lobby the outdoor pool and spa by the rotunda will be removed as part of the refurbishment project.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Anyone know if this project is going to take more than 2 years? They said earlier in the year it would be two years but who knows...

Also, how come they have not painted the outside of the rotunda yet?

Last edited by CPboy77,

I was told that the Rotunda work was going to be completed with the remaining exterior work where structural changes are actually taking place. Such as the removal of the entrance hallway, exterior and interior lobby area work etc.

I still have no idea about the time frame. We stay at Breakers every year for the 4th of July and one person told us that all work would be completed by our next trip, including the interior room renovations and the remaining exterior work/changes. However, I have also heard that the renovations will be 2 years - not sure if that means last off season and this coming off season, or 2 additional years.

I took a video of the video playing in the Hotel Lobby. I wish I knew how to post it on here...or anywhere for that matter

From what I can tell you, the video includes covered drop off for your car, a grand entrance with the stained glass window (the one that is currently hanging in the lobby above the front desk), the long hallway is still included, a Starbucks where the small gift shop in the rotunda is, removal of Beachs n Cream with a lobby bar of some sort, removal of the rotunda pool and hot tubs for a green area and a direct walkway to the boardwalk/beach ramp. I can't remember the other details though.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Upload to youtube, send us the link here.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Interesting, I thought the hallway was removed and in place of it was the covered carport area. So the video seems to show that they will add on to the front of the existing hotel for the covered area?

The hallway is removed up to were Tomo ends. The carport entrance seems like it will be new construction. The bar off the rotunda is the return of the Surf Lounge. A sign next to the video says construction will be finished for the 2015 season, so it is a two year project total.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service